Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-16-2005, 10:36 PM   #1  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Default Between the lines of our Calendar's.

Summer Time!!

the end all, beat all season! when i think of summer time i immediately think funner time. B words fill my head...... beaches, beers, bar-b-que's, bikini's, buff bod's, bikes, and banana splits!! i am filled with anticipation, excitement, and giddy glee at all the wonderful happenings that go hand in hand with this season. there are Weddings, Graduations, Family Reunions, Vacations, Festival's, Carnival's, and again, Bar-b-ques galore!

i feel the first stirrings that its coming in January. right after all the hub-bub of the Holidays. a softer, gentler glow of whats waiting for me when old man winter finally fades. i work towards it, make plans , and set goals. where do i want to be? what do i want to look like? how can i accomplish that? looking at the big picture while trying to define the details. oh what a great Summer its going to be!

Spring fuels my motivation. tiny buds blossoming, days getting slightly longer, morning birds returning to sing me their songs. oh yessssss, i can feel it! there's a warmth in the air. Rejuvination of the Earth....Body, Mind, and Spirit. Summer is almost here! my calendar slowly filling as the Slinky, Sizzling, Season draws nearer. time to take a look at my plans again to see where i have fallen short. whats working? whats not? oh that looked good, why didnt i follow thru? okies will start that now. determination and drive at all time high!

as May fades into June the one month count down begins . discouragement sets in. i havent reached my goals. there is no way i can lose 20 pounds in a month. will i still enjoy the people, places, things, and season? sure i will! my social calendar will be full. there will be laughter and merriment, and romantic moonlit nights ~low sultry purr~ but no matter what i am doing, back in the deep recesses of my head there will always be the thought......... it could of been better because i could of been better. Summer slips into September.

the September Slumps set in. another season past that i was only 10 pounds lighter for not the 20 i had hoped. another peek into the pages. where had i gone wrong? what hadnt i been consistant on? accompanied by the gazillion Why's and Becauses. ( more commonly referred to as Excuses. and some so blatantly made look more like Inexcusables.) the nip is back in the air. its apple/squash seaon! Yum, goodies that are good for me. which just happen to coincide with the comings of the Holidays!

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's......no time to dwell. time to come up with a survival guide! Maintain, Maintain, Maintain....... no gain , no gain, ooooops... lil gain! Whew, thank goodness thats over!! WoW a New Year, no mars, no blemishes. a crisp, clean, new slate to write upon! it's going to a Great Year!! which if you've read this far always leads to the inevitable question.......Where do i want to be this Summer?

i think any of us who are changing our ways and lifestyles somewhere along the line toss out the old "Gregorian Calendars". thats what i find so curious.
Isn't the real Goal to be the best we can be. no matter the season or time of year?

sincerely,
sassy
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote