Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-04-2017, 09:40 PM   #496  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hello all! Started a new job on Sept 5 that has a great deal of Mon-Fri travel. I've lurked sporadically and vowed multiple times to check back in with everyone. There's been so many events in the last month! Hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfires, another nut with lots of guns, Saef's birthday, Gracie, moving day, job changes, engagements, no job changes ...

My executive summary is that I missed you all and I'm getting settled in enough to start posting again.

On the weight loss front I am back on the slow and steady path. Easier to eat well on the road, I find - because someone else gets to foot the bill, do the extensive prep, and clean it up. When I left Monday, I was at 160 and had been seeing a 1-1.5 pound loss each week. I will update my ticker with whatever Saturday morning brings.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:12 AM   #497  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Hi Becky!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:53 AM   #498  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Good to see you, Becky! I was thinking about you yesterday.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:09 AM   #499  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Thursday morning at 159.9.

Thanks all -- and hey there, Becky! -- for the good birthday wishes. I kept forgetting it was my birthday until my mother called and wished me well.

I was thinking while driving in what a beautiful day it's going to be, a warm bright October day, and how I feel glassed-off from it with my to-do list for the office today. That's the frustrating thing, that the good things are so close always but inaccessible.

Last edited by saef; 10-05-2017 at 09:09 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:15 AM   #500  
Workin' It

Hey there, Becky! I've seen you jetting back and forth on FB - busy busy! How do you like the job so far? Glad the structure seems to be helping with the pace.

Saef - I sometimes wonder if I would be less 'meh' during the day if I didn't have a huge window to see outside. Then I remember not having a window, and it was a different kind of 'meh'.

I'm hoping my congestion and scratchy eyes are just from the blooming goldenrod and not from the cold that I've apparently been exposed to again at work. I don't want to be sick. This coming weekend is the only one out of nine that we don't have DH for some or all of it, so we have lots of things planned.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:17 AM   #501  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi Becky!
Hope you are enjoying the new job!

My book fair craziness has begun. We set up this afternoon and have teacher previews tomorrow.

I had over 20,000 steps yesterday. We will see what today brings!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #502  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post

I was thinking while driving in what a beautiful day it's going to be, a warm bright October day, and how I feel glassed-off from it with my to-do list for the office today. That's the frustrating thing, that the good things are so close always but inaccessible.
On days like today I do enjoy working outside. Even if the bathrooms are now "closed for the season". Didn't realize there was a season where we apparently don't need to pee.

Dagmar
Old 10-06-2017, 05:23 AM   #503  
Girl Gone Strong

Friday morning at 160.1.

I have a three-hour block of meetings this morning which, if I can get through them sounding intelligent, will leave me free time to get actual stuff done this afternoon. But I tend to run out of gas right after lunch on Fridays. Focus, focus.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:18 AM   #504  
Workin' It

Dagmar - the park near me leaves the bathrooms open year round, but they turn off the water to the sinks and water fountains in the winter. We can pee, but not wash our hands. LOL
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #505  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Dagmar - the park near me leaves the bathrooms open year round, but they turn off the water to the sinks and water fountains in the winter. We can pee, but not wash our hands. LOL
Given what I do for a living the hand-washing part is not that much of a priority. Insert poop emoji here

Dagmar
Old 10-07-2017, 05:53 AM   #506  

Our Thanksgiving long weekend starts today for me. I'm going to a design show, visiting a cat, and hanging out with DH in the evening watching Bab5.

Tomorrow morning looks good for taking my new SUP out so I'm doing that.

DH is picking up the turkey today and we're having a modest dinner tomorrow night consisting of turkey, gravy, roasted root veggies, wild rice/brown rice with cranberries, and some sort of pastry thingees (they're frozen) with a scoop of ice cream each.

I have decided to drink non-alcoholic wine, given that even one glass of wine messes up my sleep for 3-4 days now. I'm still wrestling with this as our attitude toward alcohol has been to see it as a reward. DH is still in that mode but I'm moving past it. I'll eat less that way too, though now I don't see holidays as an excuse to overeat.

Good weekend all!

Dagmar
Old 10-07-2017, 07:05 AM   #507  
Girl Gone Strong

Saturday morning at 161.

Yesterday's meeting run by the GVP didn't go as well as I'd hoped. He asked me on the spot to present for 15 minutes & while I got the presentation up onscreen, I summed it up incompletely. He had to prompt me to get me to mention the parts that had interested him most. Then this turned into a huge project with workstreams. I have to brief someone in France about the current state on Monday morning at 8 AM.

I am feeling inadequate this morning.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:26 AM   #508  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Saturday morning at 161.

Yesterday's meeting run by the GVP didn't go as well as I'd hoped. He asked me on the spot to present for 15 minutes & while I got the presentation up onscreen, I summed it up incompletely. He had to prompt me to get me to mention the parts that had interested him most. Then this turned into a huge project with workstreams. I have to brief someone in France about the current state on Monday morning at 8 AM.

I am feeling inadequate this morning.
You are being too hard on yourself. I hope you know that. Focus on the good today.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #509  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I have decided to drink non-alcoholic wine, given that even one glass of wine messes up my sleep for 3-4 days now. I'm still wrestling with this as our attitude toward alcohol has been to see it as a reward. DH is still in that mode but I'm moving past it. I'll eat less that way too, though now I don't see holidays as an excuse to overeat.
I love this, Dagmar. So good to be able to recognise that you're in transit towards something that will suit you much better.

Fingers crossed that the new SUP is good! Tell us all about it.

And have a Happy Thanksgiving!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:34 AM   #510  
Girl Gone Strong

Sunday morning at 160.3.

Yesterday I was attacking clutter that piles up during the work week. Today I'll continue with that and I hope to do some movie-going also.