Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Well, here I am, officially retired but so far only experiencing the "tired" part. I'm still working 20 hours a week, or I should say, getting paid for 20. I've been at the office a lot more than that this week, but I really don't mind because it's my choice and I'm loving this new sense of freedom! Today I'm staying home and will get to work on the list of things I've been putting off until retirement

Michele, I'm always hungrier when I'm tired. I think our bodies decide that if we are tired or stressed it means bad times are here so it should consume more calories just in case. Keep reminding yourself you are tired - hopefully you'll get through the day and get to bed early without overeating. Are you on anti-inflammatories long-term? Going off them would certainly explain the aches you've had. I hope Ellie's problem is an easy fix.

I seem to be constantly on edge about the health of our animals. They are healthy at the moment, but something always comes up. Right now I'm still battling ticks on the dogs. We use Advantix but it doesn't seem to be effective for an entire 4 weeks. Monday another dose will be due and this time we'll try the oral med that is supposed to last for three months. I'm skeptical and a little concerned about possible side effects. For the next few days I'll be picking the ticks off the dogs. Eck. We are also going to burn every bit of straw bedding in and around their dog houses, probably two days after we give the med to give it time to take effect.

Georgette, sounds like you are back on track. None of us like the feeling of restriction, but there's no other way to lose fat, unfortunately. I choose to count calories because that method lets me eat whatever I want to eat right now and then strategize the rest of my day to stay within my calorie limit. Calories are the cash in my wallet that I can spend any way I want. This morning I ate 4 peanut butter cookies for 260 calories. Now I'm not hungry and will eat healthy (probably) the rest of the day.

Sharon, I just love that quote about not having to exercise every day My key to maintenance is to move as much as possible during the day instead of sitting. A lot of people "exercise" but then they sit the rest of the day.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 04:11 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Alice to your retirement - I'm insanely jealous!

I too am having "critter" problems. We dosed both cat and dog with different vials of a flea/heartworm concoction last Friday and they both are still scratching, biting, etc. My weekend will be mostly spent spraying all beds, bedding, washing all blankies and covers and stuff on our furniture, spraying the furniture and my car and the carpets, etc. etc. Trixie the dog will get a bath tonite - poor beast - but I think we'll pass on trying to give Natalie the cat one.

I'm also putting the plants into what will be the front butterfly garden. We have a small tree there right now and a bunch of mulch.

I'm determined to find about an hour this weekend to continue reading a lovely book I picked up in one of the "Little Library" units in our neighbourhood. It's called "Last Dog on the Hill".

Good weekend all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:48 PM   #18  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Happy Mothers day! Furbabies and relatives count too! Hugs to all!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote