Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-05-2015, 12:23 PM   #1  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Default What are you looking forward to wearing this spring?

Hi everyone,

I thought this could be a good motivational thread for those of us who are losing a few pounds (or trying to maintain, which we all know isn't always easy). Also, I need to think about spring, because it feels like this winter has dragged on forever!

What clothes are you excited to wear?? What colors and styles are you looking forward to? Anyone thinking of changing their hair, makeup, overall look?

Can't wait to hear!
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I'd like to be able to take off about 2 of the 4 layers of clothes I'm now wearing at work.

But seriously I have a really nice dress I bought in Chicago when visiting there in 2010. It's from Ann Taylor and it's a sheath in a muted grey leopard pattern. It's a size 8 and I can juuust squeeze into it right now. I'm hoping to wear it at Easter. Last birthday cake is tomorrow and then clear sailing until then. Hoping the minus minus temps let up too so I can think about things like salad without cringing.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #3  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

A smaller size than last spring! LOL (Actually it'll be about 10 sizes smaller. Hehe)

Honestly, I bought a beautiful berry colored top with gold accents on it to wear for my birthday last month. It turned out to be a bit to tight in the upper arms so I decided to save it to wear for Easter instead. To me the top is a symbol of all my hard work.

Beyond that... given the state of my legs I doubt I'll ever wear any shorts, but capri's are a definite I'm looking forward too.
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #4  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Mudpie ~ I agree about the layers. I live in the midwest and the past month has been way too cold. I'm so ready for warmer weather. Your dress sounds exciting! Sounds very unique, too.

Jesslan~ Congratulations! That is incredible. I hope you can wear your beautiful top soon.

I am looking forward to wearing light, soft, short sleeve tops. I have a very detailed, floaty white top that I am loving and will transition nicely into Spring.

I also have several pairs of pants that are currently a smidge too tight. I feel like my wardrobe will really open up once I can get back into them. I am also thinking a hair cut with some layers would be nice, and maybe some pastel lavender eye shadow.

Come on, Spring....
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #5  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Oh, gosh, so much, because I've been home-bound, and haven't been to the office -- and when I'm going into work, I really suit up, styling my hair, doing the whole make-up thing, putting on nice clothes.

I need a hair cut, which I haven't had since December, and highlights, which have all grown out, since I haven't gotten them since late last summer.

I need a manicure and a pedicure. I've been afraid to let the nail technicians scrub and massage my injured leg. One spot at the front of my shin is tender -- it's where the pointy tips of the two enormous screws through my lower shinbone make two bumps underneath the skin. I hate the idea of someone touching that.

And I need to put on nice clothes -- on my whole body. I've been sitting here with decent blouses and sweaters up top, for my laptop's video cam, but down underneath, it's always black nylon workout pants for physical therapy or post-work gym sessions.

I don't know how long it will be before I dare to wear cute shoes, but I think it will take several months, since I really lurch and trip a lot when I walk.

I would love to get back a decent upper body, and wear sleeveless shirts again.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Wow Jessian! Amazing loss!

I'm hoping to wear a bikini and cute sundresses and shorts on a cruise next month. I've bought the suit but need to do some other shopping!

Now to stay focused so I'm happy with the way I look!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #7  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Everything that I feel uncomfortable wearing right now. Shorts in particular; my legs are ok thanks to constant bike commuting, but my excess weight has once again settled only in my waist and everything looks stretched and creased in that area.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote