Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #46  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry, Allison. Yeah, cancer sucks. Across all the species.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #47  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Sorry to hear the news, Allison.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Oh, man. Just got back from the vet oncologist. Chico has major lung metastasis. He's back on chemo and we're looking at 6-12 months for him. Cancer sucks.
I agree cancer sucks .
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #49  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Sending supportive thoughts for all facing cancer. My family knows its share.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #50  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I agree with everyone, Dagmar, just order the flooring yourself. If he gets upset, just explain that not ordering it will only delay the renovation.
Oh, this is much nicer than I would be. I was going to recommend you order it, then if DH complains, tell him that next time he should get off his rear and order it to avoid the situation again.

Allison, I'm so, so sorry. Give Chico a belly rub for me.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:48 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

So sorry Allison. Chico has already lived much longer than my Annie did after her amputation.

My Great Dane, Jozi, is aging rapidly and I don't know what I'm going to do when she declines. I am so not ready to lose her.

My food/exercise today was a train wreck. I feel irrationally like I've gained ten pounds. Breakfast was ok though a little more than usual. I was going to go for a run with dh but it got too late and we had to go help dd with her move. We worked at her apartment and by the time we went to lunch I was starving and made bad choices! Dinner wasn't bad as no one was very hungry so we just got groceries and everyone did their own thing. I just had oatmeal. Tomorrow is our last day in Arizona and we are planning a run again. Lunch will be our planned splurge so I'm sure I will gain even more! Dh leaves for China on Sunday and I will be alone in the house and back to work so I can focus on losing again.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Allison re Chico.

bargoo to you

Michele I think you are very hard on yourself. None of us can be perfect every day, day after day.

I'm letting DH order the flooring. Otherwise it will be a "revenge" item he takes to the grave with him. His work situation is directly overlapping onto our reno situation. I told him that last night as he raged about my ordering furniture for mid-October delivery totally throwing the reno off.

He is right now from working with a boss and waiting for news about the company being sold. I will cut him some slack now that I know all of this. The reno plan changes daily and, when I ask, he blows up. so I will leave it alone until the end of August.

He's a funny guy. He talks non-stop about a lot of nothing but the major stuff I have to dig out of him with a shovel.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #53  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post

He's a funny guy. He talks non-stop about a lot of nothing but the major stuff I have to dig out of him with a shovel.

Dagmar
Dagmar, I've been with one of those types for 28 years. I give you props for still having the energy to dig.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #54  

Becky DH and I have been together for almost 17 years - you've got 11 on me.

And now for the happy news. The gardening people came to the new house yesterday and, after some pruning and weeding and removing of dead things, today the back yard looks like a new place. Beautiful!

Dagmar
Old 08-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #55  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
My food/exercise today was a train wreck. I feel irrationally like I've gained ten pounds. Breakfast was ok though a little more than usual. I was going to go for a run with dh but it got too late and we had to go help dd with her move. We worked at her apartment and by the time we went to lunch I was starving and made bad choices! Dinner wasn't bad as no one was very hungry so we just got groceries and everyone did their own thing. I just had oatmeal. Tomorrow is our last day in Arizona and we are planning a run again. Lunch will be our planned splurge so I'm sure I will gain even more! Dh leaves for China on Sunday and I will be alone in the house and back to work so I can focus on losing again.
Michele, remember it's about balance. An unhealthy meal or two will not cause you to gain back the weight. Longer term, if the healthy and well-portioned meals and good exercise habits outweigh the bad meals and exercise sessions, you'll be ok. I picture a scale, and each time I have a good meal or workout it gets deposited on one side, and bad meal or skipped workout goes on the other side. Oatmeal for dinner after an indulgent breakfast & lunch sounds like some balance to me. Take a deep breath. You know this stuff.

For the past month or so I've been going to bed too late and my lack of sleep is getting to me. I was doing much better getting to bed on time in June and into July. What I'm struggling for balance with is the sleep right now.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Megan. I like your scale balancing analogy.
So far today I've had a planned good breakfast and a run. So far, so good.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #57  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Allison, I'm so sorry to hear about Chico. May he enjoy his remaining time with people who love him.

PET TALK ALERT: my roommate and I are getting two cats for (A) companionship and enjoyment and (B) because we have a F*#KING MOUSE in our kitchen. Tonight we make the journey to Walmart to get supplies for them, and Sunday we go to the Humane Society.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #58  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Allison, so sorry about Chico.

Megan, I hear you on the no sleep.

I am starving this afternoon. Not sure if it's just that I didn't bring enough food to work or because I didn't have time to make a big breakfast this morning.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Allison, I'm so sorry to hear about Chico. May he enjoy his remaining time with people who love him.

PET TALK ALERT: my roommate and I are getting two cats for (A) companionship and enjoyment and (B) because we have a F*#KING MOUSE in our kitchen. Tonight we make the journey to Walmart to get supplies for them, and Sunday we go to the Humane Society.
I don't know that you'll have any success with the cats taking care of the mouse. My 2 (street cats both) used to love to play with mice and bring them inside but they wouldn't kill them. DH was home with the 2 cats one day long ago and watched them playing with a mouse all day. They carried it daintily in their mouths like it was a Faberge egg, taking it up and down the stairs, to various different rooms, etc. DH lost sight of it in the afternoon. After our dinner the cats and I sat down on the couch to relax. DH went downstairs to continue studying. Suddenly I heard a noise in the kitchen. There was Mr. Mouse, eating some of the cats' kibble and then taking some sips from their water bowl. Both cats watched with a bit of interest from the couch but did nothing to interfere.

Dagmar
Old 08-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #60  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

hmmmmm . . .
Victor Mouse Traps cost less than a buck, don't shed hair, aren't picky, and don't make noises.

[Hope this helps.]
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote