3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Weekly Chat Apr 8 - Apr 14 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/279313-maintainers-weekly-chat-apr-8-apr-14-a.html)

saef 04-11-2013 10:14 AM

Bill thanks for this news, as Gary's been on my mind every time I logged on here. I kept wondering, imagining and projecting what was happening with him. He was such a vivid presence on 3FC and so deeply kind -- all the PMs he sent to me when my apartment was being reconstructed, with technical advice, and also, spiritual advice to help bolster me. I treasure his accounts of his runs, his walks with his goldens, and also the memory of one particular post of his describing his deep love for Angie. I wish I had it by me now to remind me of the great heart that wrote it.

traveling michele 04-11-2013 11:02 AM

I also saw the news about Gary last night and have been deeply saddened. I feel like I lost a true friend-- which he was. He supported so many people that he never met-- I see the evidence just here on this forum. He supported my dd in her quest to get her service dog-- both financially and emotionally. He also read her blog and made wonderful, heartfelt comments.

So very sad.

bargoo 04-11-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes (Post 4701995)
Sad news posted early this morning about Gary (EZMONEY):

Very sad news, I pray the family that he loved so much will find peace.
I think of Gary as a friend I never met.

Megan1982 04-11-2013 01:45 PM

Gary was a truly good person who will be missed. My thoughts go to Angie and his family. He loved to get his exercise by going on walks with the dogs, so I will think of him while I'm doing the same this afternoon.

Shannon in ATL 04-11-2013 07:28 PM

Megan, and anyone really, some of us are going to do an EZ 5k in his honor, either tonight tomorrow or his weekend. Midwife put it out on FB today. Anyone who wants join in. Midwife is following hers with a cold beer toast, as I probably will as well.

ICUwishing 04-12-2013 10:38 AM

Very sad to hear about Gary's passing. Great idea, the 5Ks and the toasts - I think he would have liked that very much.

Shannon in ATL 04-12-2013 01:33 PM

Amanda started a thread for the In Memory EZ 5k, and for some reason right now I can't find the link...

alinnell 04-12-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL (Post 4703855)
Amanda started a thread for the In Memory EZ 5k, and for some reason right now I can't find the link...

One Last Virtual 5k

bargoo 04-13-2013 09:25 AM

I've been pretty much MIA as my OS went bad and had to be reinstalled. First thing that went wrong, they mailed it to the wrong address even though they had the correct address and verified it with me. It was several days before that mistake was discovered. They used that all purpose phrase "System Error" to explain it. They them ponied it overnight and I got it yesterday and spent most of yesterday afternoon with a nice young man in India trying to get my files back, and did. I didn't contribute much to this process, just typed in my password when asked. After hours of working together and being successful than I got hit with the hard sell.How could I refuse such a nice, helpful, intelligent young man ? I did but they sure don't want to take No for an answer. I see he has posted his quote on my email so if I don't delete it I might accidently order it.
I had the use of a computer during the this time so I was able to check ny email and 3fc but didn't post much because I didn't want to take advantage of this borrowed computer.

bargoo 04-14-2013 07:19 PM

Angie and Gary have walked the Relay For Life several years, sadly she will walk it alone this year. She hopes she is not being too forward in asking for donations. I don't think she is being too forward. See the link at Maintainers Springing into Summer.