3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Weekly Chat Apr 8 - Apr 14 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/279313-maintainers-weekly-chat-apr-8-apr-14-a.html)

traveling michele 04-09-2013 05:24 PM

Chris-- I missed the earlier post too somehow. How exciting for you to see your hard work come to fruition. It sounds like such an emotional opera.

saef 04-09-2013 08:11 PM

Chris, on what stage is your opera production appearing? Because you're now my near neighbor. I'll be in Day 2 of my company's inhouse new manager training program, so I'm not going downtown till the weekend. I'd love to know the performance place and times.

Temperatures reached the low 80s today. I can't believe how good I felt with the sunroof open and the windows down, driving home fast from the hotel where the classes were being held. Oh, please, more of this. I could use it.

paperclippy 04-10-2013 08:47 AM

LOL Saef, usually I'm excited about 80 degree temps, but I admit when we got up there yesterday all I could think was how badly I wanted to plunge into a giant bath of ice water. :lol: If it stayed around 70-ish I'd be extremely happy. I think we're supposed to get some thunderstorms today and tomorrow, then it's apparently going back to the 40's Friday. Midwestern weather is totally nuts. OTOH no matter how long I've lived in this climate, since I grew up in SoCal I still expect it to be cold at night and hot in the sun, and every single year I have at least one day where I'm either surprised it's cold when the sun is out or surprised it's hot when it's dark outside. I guess 40-degree swings from day to day are not really any different than 40-degree swings over the course of a single day.

saef 04-10-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperclippy (Post 4700614)
I guess 40-degree swings from day to day are not really any different than 40-degree swings over the course of a single day.

This weather is what makes maple syrup in Upstate NY: Cold nights and fairly warm days. Though at this point the trees are budding and the sap gets that unpleasant taste at the end of the season.

Stuck again in a conference room all day, doing the best I can, which means taking the top piece of the whole-wheat baguette off the catered sandwiches and trying not to get near the pleasant scent of the enormous cookie platter.

BillBlueEyes 04-10-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICUwishing (Post 4697925)
Bill, I'm guessing that if you were to ask a bird if he'd prefer a longer drive, but with rest stops and fast food, he'd probably be up for it. :D

LOL, Yep, when we drive 300 miles we stop twice for a break.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saef (Post 4697996)
We've already assembled quite a dawn chorus here, Bill, though it's mostly of overwintering birds. In the morning, on the way to the gym in the dark at 5:25 AM, I'm hearing them start to warm up, and it sounds like Carolina wrens, robins, mockingbirds, cardinals, and within the past few weeks, song sparrows, some of the other leaf-litter-feeding sparrows, and lots of blackbirds.

Longing for the Warblers. Only two Red-winged Blackbirds last Saturday.

Chris - Honking Congrats on your Opera - wish I were in NY to see it.

Planted our Sugar Snap Peas yesterday. That makes me a believer. I can picture myself sampling them off the vine in a few months.

Shannon in ATL 04-10-2013 02:36 PM

I'm eating an apple of indeterminate age out of my desk drawer instead of the candy I want.

Bill - do you grow your sugar snap peas from seed or buy plants?

midwife 04-10-2013 03:50 PM

:wave:

Congrats on the opera, Chris.

Shannon, I am concerned about your apple. If it moves independently, promise me you won't eat it. :lol:

Shannon in ATL 04-10-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwife (Post 4701197)
Shannon, I am concerned about your apple. If it moves independently, promise me you won't eat it. :lol:

LOL It didn't walk away on its own, but it was a little squishier than I like.

traveling michele 04-10-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL (Post 4701087)
I'm eating an apple of indeterminate age out of my desk drawer instead of the candy I want.

Shannon-- good for you! I just survived our annual volunteer tea in the library. Imagine 100 teachers/staff all bringing baked goods to share with our wonderful parent volunteers. Then, everyone starts raving about particular items and everyone starts trying them. I almost had to wire my mouth shut. I brought a bowl of strawberries and grapes and got away with eating a handful of grapes. Phew!:o

ChrisMohr 04-11-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL (Post 4699449)
Chris - is it better to donate through the main website for the opera and the donate tab or the indiegogo link?

Shannon, the Indie go-go link is good for another 4 days. We reached our goal thru them but our final budget goal frrom all sources is a little ways away and I believe Indie go-go is still running. Thank you!

BillBlueEyes 04-11-2013 08:58 AM

R. I. P.

Sad news posted early this morning about Gary (EZMONEY):
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen31 (Post 4701812)
I just read on Gary's Facebook page that he went home to be with our Lord tonight. My heart is heavy with sadness. RIP Gary, we will always remember you. My prayers are with Angie and her family tonight.

ChrisMohr 04-11-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saef (Post 4700091)
Chris, on what stage is your opera production appearing? Because you're now my near neighbor. I'll be in Day 2 of my company's inhouse new manager training program, so I'm not going downtown till the weekend. I'd love to know the performance place and times.

Temperatures reached the low 80s today. I can't believe how good I felt with the sunroof open and the windows down, driving home fast from the hotel where the classes were being held. Oh, please, more of this. I could use it.

Hi Saef,

yeah, I loved that 80 degree day here in New York!! That's the same day it got down to zero in Denver with a foot of snow. My wife Karen, who stayed home for this trip, was not amused by the contrast. We come back to NY together April 29-May 5 for the premiere.

My opera is May 2-3 (Thursday and Friday) at Riverside Church (Broadway and 120th) Theatre at 730 pm. Tix are $20, free parking. Warning: it is very intense (tho it ends in peace).

alinnell 04-11-2013 09:23 AM

Thanks for the update, Bill. I visit his page daily for updates. Very sad indeed.

Shannon in ATL 04-11-2013 09:37 AM

The pollen count is 8024 in Atlanta today. I'm about to choke sitting in my office. I think I need to start seeing an allergist. Anyone take allergy shots or know anything about them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveling michele (Post 4701337)
Shannon-- good for you! I just survived our annual volunteer tea in the library. Imagine 100 teachers/staff all bringing baked goods to share with our wonderful parent volunteers. Then, everyone starts raving about particular items and everyone starts trying them. I almost had to wire my mouth shut. I brought a bowl of strawberries and grapes and got away with eating a handful of grapes. Phew!:o

That would have absolutely killed me. Good job with the grapes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisMohr (Post 4701989)
Shannon, the Indie go-go link is good for another 4 days. We reached our goal thru them but our final budget goal frrom all sources is a little ways away and I believe Indie go-go is still running. Thank you!

I'm going there as soon as I'm done here! Good luck with your show, the sample I listened to sounds lovely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes (Post 4701995)
Sad news posted early this morning about Gary (EZMONEY):

That makes me sad. He will be missed.

Shannon in ATL 04-11-2013 10:06 AM

Suzanne started a thread for Gary here.

RIP Gary