3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Weekly Chat January 24 - 30, 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/223437-maintainers-weekly-chat-january-24-30-2011-a.html)

traveling michele 01-28-2011 12:36 PM

Jessica-- what happened with your tailbone? I fell and injured mine on Halloween (I'm guessing I fractured it but I never went to the doctor). While it is mostly better, it still hurts if I sit a lot or in certain positions.

alinnell 01-28-2011 01:31 PM

Oh, I am so mad! Steaming! Livid. Did I mention that I was mad?!?!

Our trash was not picked up yesterday. I called this morning and was told that our landlord (who is our previous business partner) had not paid the bill, so pickup was on hold. I arranged to pay the bill myself (which will be deducted from my rent next month) but I had to pay 2 months service and a restart fee AND they won't restart until next week. Meanwhile, we have new tenants in the building (there are now three other businesses here besides ours) and the two dumpsters are OVERFLOWING.

Did I mention I was mad?

Michele~ouch! I haven't had tailbone issues since I was a kid but they can be so painful! Can you get a donut to sit on? Would that help?

Shannon in ATL 01-28-2011 04:01 PM

Allison - ooo, that is just ugly! When next week will they pick up?

Michele -I bet your Vegas trip will be a whole different experience as a smaller you! Have a great time!

Jessica - hope the doctor helps, I would hate for you to miss your tri- this year. And hope it goes well with Carter tonight, too!

Remember the accountant position I have been struggling with for most of the last year and trying actively to fill since October? The temp who has been in the position for three weeks now is doing absolutely fantastic, we love her, she is a great fit for the company. We made her a permanent offer today, she signed the offer letter and accepted it while I was at lunch. Woo hoo! :carrot:

paperclippy 01-28-2011 04:28 PM

Allison, that sucks about the trash.

Shannon, glad you found an accountant!

Michele, my tailbone started hurting last spring when I had pulled out my bike for the season. I originally thought it was just getting used to being in the saddle again but it got really bad. I went to the bike store and bought a new saddle and found out that my old one had been misaligned (nose pointing too far down) and that was why it was causing a problem. The new seat got aligned properly and has a cutout so my tailbone doesn't actually touch it, and I sat on a pillow for a few weeks until it felt better.

The problem is that while it's fine 95% of the time, if I sit in certain positions it still hurts. I got an indoor bike trainer and when I ride my bike for a while it seems to aggravate it even though it's not touching. I almost feel like when I sit, the skin is being pulled tight and pressing on my tailbone or something. It almost seems like sitting on the pillow makes it worse. :?:

kaw 01-28-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 3680692)
Myth #5: "Salt causes high blood pressure and should be avoided."

However, it's been known for the past 20 years that people with high blood pressure who don't want to lower their salt intake can simply consume more potassium-containing foods.

The bottom line: Strive for a potassium-rich diet, which you can achieve by eating a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and legumes....

Not that I'd discourage anyone from eating fruits, veggies, and legumes, but another way to help bring the minerals into balance is with Lite salt. It's 50% sodium chloride (i.e., table salt) and 50% potassium chloride. To me it tastes *exactly* the same as regular salt, cooks the same way, etc, although I suppose a foodie who has 18 different types of sea salt in their cupboard could tell the difference. It's a bit more expensive than regular salt, but that's not saying much, and it's certainly less expensive than HBP medication!

Congrats on the raises! I want one, too (she says, whine-ily) ...

//b. strong,
Kim

Mudpie 01-28-2011 08:38 PM

For this weekend I am working, doing housework, working, running errands, working, schlepping my dad around, working, etc. etc.

Woohoo, sounds so exciting I can hardly keep my heart from pumping out of my chest.

Dagmar is :tired: and mighty cranky :mad:

traveling michele 01-28-2011 09:48 PM

I am sad tonight.
I came home from school and my doggie Ozzie died in my arms.
He had been diagnosed with a heart problem about six months ago and the vet said he could die at any time unexpectedly. I guess he chose today. I really think he waited for us to come home.

He would have been nine next month. He was a Doberman.
I am waiting for my dd to call from college. He was her baby. I'm afraid she will be heartbroken.

Our other dog, Jozi, is acting super weird. We let her smell him and us so I think she knows he died but she is wondering where he is. I hope she doesn't grieve too much. He was older than her so she's been with him her whole life.

Sorry for the downer.....

alinnell 01-28-2011 11:43 PM

Oh, Michele, that is so hard. It was good of you to let Jozi smell him. I belong to a Labrador chat board and members there have said their dogs don't understand what is going on when another pet dies away from them. Sometimes they even bring their other dogs to the vet for them to smell the body as it helps them understand. Its such a hard thing, though. I'm so sorry you had to go through this and hopefully your daughter will be comforted by the thought that he died in your arms. :hugs:

BillBlueEyes 01-29-2011 05:44 AM

Sending supportive thoughts, Michele, for feeling the pain and then letting in the joy of the life of the dog.

We had to call my DD from the vet's when the time came for our Aussie after 15 years; it was tough for her not to be able to get in one last hug, being slightly consoled that DS was there to give the dog an extra for her.

Mudpie 01-29-2011 06:54 AM

:hug: Michele. I'm sure it will be a comfort for your dd to know Ozzie died in your arms.

Dagmar

saef 01-29-2011 07:59 AM

Michele, I am so sorry to hear this. I'm sure his last moments are a difficult memory for you to carry around with you, so I hope you think of this: That you got to hold your dog one last time, so that when he passed, he had close, loving contact with you & knew that he was well-loved & cared for. This is so much better than the alternative, of finding that he'd died alone in the house without anyone nearby. You were there. You did what you could.