Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #16  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Allison, get well soon!

Dagmar, sorry about losing a client. I hope you find a new dog soon!

Things are going okay here. We're taking Friday off and DH and I are taking the dog out to the country for the weekend. Probably too cold for me to swim in the lake, but I'm sure Carter will be hopping in as soon as we arrive. Hopefully it won't rain the whole weekend -- funny to say because we've been desperately needing rain for months, I just would rather have it during the week!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Red face Good Morning!

or "Food Morning" as I originally typed. Interesting slip of the mind there.

I sat and ate last night while panicking about my "lack of employment" situation. I also panicked about using up all of my meager retirement savings and having to start all over again at the age of 53.

I don't know if I have it in me to do this all over again for the 4th time in my life. I have put body and soul into trying to achieve some tiny bit of security for myself and now it's all being drained away due to no fault of my own.

I think I should sit down with all of my bank stuff and do a realistic assessment of my financial situation, expenses, etc. to see how bad things really are and how long I can continue to meet my current expenses. At least then I know how long I can go on.

That would help a lot more than emptying the sugar bowl making cinnamon toast.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Oh Dagmar-- so sorry! Can you do "free" advertising such as Craig's List? What about your vet? Do they advertise for you? I know there is something called Angie's List here in the US....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #19  

I was going to post more but someone came in and I had to jump off-- how rude to interrupt me at work-- right?!

I leave tonight to visit dd for the weekend for parents' weekend. I am excited to hopefully spend some quality time with her. It should be cold and rainy (Spokane, WA) which is the weather I hate. The hotel is a tiny boutique hotel; it claims to have a "fitness center". I'm bringing my workout clothes but I don't have high hopes for the fitness center!
Old 10-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #20  
Workin' It

I've been reading this week, just not much writing...

Stressed right now. Had a blueberry & cream fried pie with my 2.5 ounces of plain grilled chicken and wheat toast, it was a sample from a vendor so I tried it and rated it. Now I'm anxious about something that is going on and really want to snack, but used up all discretionary calories for the day on that darn pie. So starting to freak out a little. Working on holding it together.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
I was going to post more but someone came in and I had to jump off-- how rude to interrupt me at work-- right?!
OMG! How rude! LOL Have a good time with your DD this weekend! I think that since my DD's school is mostly a commuter campus, they don't have parent weekends.

Shannon~don't stress eat! I have been doing so well this week, but last night decided to try my homemade jalapeno infused tequila. It was good. Had a second one. And my scale was up this morning. It may have been due to the salt, but I'm not making that mistake again! The only good thing about this drink is that it was small--and quite measured, so I didn't way overdo the calories.

Dagmar~I'm so sorry you're stressing over clients and money. I hope you're able to find a viable solution.

To all else~hi! Have a good rest of the week.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #22  

Default When it rains . . .

. . . it pours.

We are now looking at a $1600 medical procedure for our male cat. DH's comment (he's doing a major sulk, probably all weekend) - "you decide".

And so I will. I will probably go for it and go further into debt. My cats are my best friends and this will give Mishka a reasonable shot at living out the remaining 6-8 years of his natural life without medication.

As for the debt I just put business cards in all the pet stores in my service area and am handing them out for distribution by my hairdresser and cleaning people in the same area.

Might already have a new puppy in January due to some major whining on Fb.

Much better than eating cookies and ice cream and watching TV.

Dagmar
Old 10-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #23  

Dagmar-- when it rains it does pour sometimes. What procedure does your cat need? Glad you may already have another puppy lined up.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:58 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Dagmar-- when it rains it does pour sometimes. What procedure does your cat need? Glad you may already have another puppy lined up.
Mishka will probably have the I-131 radioiodine therapy treatment.

Dagmar
Old 10-24-2010, 06:02 AM   #25  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Dagmar - sending supportive thoughts as you wrestle with your cat's need for medical intervention. I hope you find the right path and that all turns out well.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote