Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Default stretch marks question. help!

hi ladies
im not a maintainer yet, ive still got some weight to lose, but ive got a question about my awful stretch marks, and i wasnt quite sure where this question should go, with so many different groups to choose from.
i figured you ladies might be able to help me, seeing as how you've already completed your weight loss journys but if there is a thread or something that i should have gone to and you can point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated too.

okay so i have stretch marks. Im 18 years old, 5'3. The heaviest i ever got was a size 12-14.
Ive had these stretch marks since i (very very) quickly gained my weight in 8th and 9th grade. i went from 5'3 120 pounds, to 5'3 170 pounds in less than 2 years and for middle school/high school, thats brutal. but anyway, my shape and lovely genes make me very prone to love handles, so with my love handles came lots of stretch marks that are along the sides from my waists to my hips.
Back when i was heavy, these were the least of my worries, but now that i can see my love handles diminishing, i can see the shiny lines more and more.
I'm working hard to lose weight by summer so that i can wear a bikini top this summer but im starting to worry that these stretch marks are never going to go away!!!! and its frustrating! its making me very insecure.

are these marks ever going to go away? by the time im done with my weight loss will they be gone? or will i be a thin person with stretch marks?
or, if weight loss won't do it, is there anything else that can get rid of these lovely lines? lotions? anything?

any insight or advice would be much appreciated. i dont want my beach babe dreams to be dashed by stupid stretch marks

thanks
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #2  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Stretch marks never "go away" I have alot of them, and I've had them for years, I started getting them in grade 6, but alot more and alot faster once I got into high school. They do eventually fade and become alot less noticeable, but they never go away. Most of mine have faded now and aren't very noticeable anymore. Everyone gets them, not just overweight people, my one friend in high school was the skinniest girl I knew and even she got them on her thighs, hips and the back of her knees.

Last edited by Trixie14; 01-14-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Not a maintainer, but I saw the post so thought I would comment. I have tons of stretch marks from my 2 kids. They have faded a lot, but will never go away. But once you lose your weight, you will so fabulous in your bikini that I doubt you will care. Once they lose the redness, I don't think they are nearly as noticeable. Just don't tan to much, it might make them stand out.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #4  
Amazing will be me

i recently purchased a product called rescue oil from ebay. I have used it for 7days now every day sometimes twice and i am seeing results all ready. My once bright red marks are turning a light orange and fading every day before my eyes.
I cant believe how fast im seeing results.............of coures streach marks will always be there but they fade to almost invisible in which this product has def speeded up my healing time..
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Try cocoa/shea butter lotion as you lose weight.

I don't know if they ever actually go away on anyone, but you are young and your skin is elastic and they can fade to be much less notable (what I deem an acceptable level re: bathing suit).

Mine were angry reds and purples once; now they are all white lines. Some are grooves/bumps and I'd be embarrassed exposing them to anyone but my husband (lower stomach). Others are very faded and what I deem acceptable on their own (upper arms) but there, there is a also a slight skin wrinkle tendency that bothers me more.

Also, right before losing weight I was starting to get stretch marks in the weirdest places, like near my wrists. I guess those just never came to fruition or something, because there is no trace of them now. This makes me wonder if the difference in what remains has to do with how long you had the stretch marks (among many other facts -- genetics probably being the biggest).
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote