3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   2010 Hopes, Dreams, Plans, Resolutions and Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/188387-2010-hopes-dreams-plans-resolutions-goals.html)

losermom 01-01-2010 08:33 AM

Nineteen, yes! We do need to have more fun! At my age, I need to remind myself of this often.

mandalinn82 01-01-2010 03:18 PM

Another year of maintenance! It's very nice to work on small goals, instead of the big, overwhelming "lose 130 lbs" goal.

So my little tweaks for the year:
1. Avoid fitness ruts by varying workouts. Wear heart rate monitor to ensure cardio target goals are being reached.

2. Improve flexibility

3. Try to break habit of letting small off-plan indulgences lead to several days of off-plan indulgences. Even if they are small and don't cause a gain, they aren't a positive thing to have all around.

4. Break bad habit of regularly replacing the calories for a healthy snack with something less healthy. I know that a bowl of ice cream and a bowl of yogurt w/ high fiber cereal and berries have the same calories...but they aren't the same!

5. Work on reducing stress and anxiety levels.

6. Professionally, keep myself and my team better organized as we expand, which is going to be a big challenge for me...I am good at organizing myself, but no so great at imposing structure on others.

Windchime 01-01-2010 03:54 PM

1. Lose this last little bit of weight and become a maintainer.

2. Start back up on the exercise. Winter is a bad time for me and I've done practically nothing in December.

3. Strive to become more positive. I've got a bad habit of always seeing the negative side of things. For example, my job is changing drastically at work. Instead of complaining about that, be grateful that I still have a job at a stable company.

4. Run in a 5K this next year.

rockinrobin 01-01-2010 06:07 PM

I'd like to do it again in two thousand and ten!!!

Maintain my weight/weight loss that is. That is my numero uno goal. I can't believe that I'm starting another new year being fit, trim and a normal weight. It feels marvelous.

A little more specific -

I'd like to get back to and STAY in the low 120's. Haven't been their consistently for a while. I miss my 5 lb cushion. I'd like to get there and then reassess if it is really feasible for me to stay there. I think that it is. But I'd like to know once and for all, because if it's not, well then I'd like to stop trying already to stay there.

I'd like to be able to add in one lone, solo, singular splurge. I've pretty much yet to do this. For me, it's been a splurge MEAL and then very often a splurge DAY. I'd like to try to master adding in an individual lone treat. I'm pretty certain that would be the key to my staying in the low 120's.

I'd like to get back, all right TAKE back some of my wonderful habits that I've eased up on - no BLT's and never eat while standing for instance. As well as always have a glass of water before I eat something. ESPECIALLY when I'm in the "mood for something".

My fitness - hmmm, adding in a little more muscle would be nice!

fiberlover 01-01-2010 07:06 PM

- I want to maintain the weight I have lost. I have not decided if I am at goal or not yet, so not sure about losing another 10# or not.

- I want to do a 100 mile bike ride this summer in one day

- I want to do a 10K race and possibly a 1/2 marathon

Mudpie 01-02-2010 06:08 AM

My goals for 2010 are these 4 things.

- I will get down to 130 lbs. by March.

- I will permanently stay in the 130-133 lbs. range after I get there.

- I will post more positive/less negative things.

- I will encourage/coach DH with his weight loss and exercise program.

Cheers!
Dagmar :coolsnow:

Mudpie 01-02-2010 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanB (Post 3055153)
Just want to be a maintainer. I've never held steady for more than a few months at a time. I want to do that in 2010.

Go Susan Go! I miss your insights (I'm too lazy to lurk in other forums) and I'm looking forward to seeing you here!

Dagmar :coolsnow:

Shannon in ATL 01-04-2010 04:11 PM

2010 goals...

1) To continue to maintain at or below my current size and measurements. I'm flexible on weight as long as size doesn't get any bigger. :)
2) To reduce some more debt.
3) To run a 1/2 marathon this year.
4) To be able to touch my toes by the end of the year.
5) To be a good example for DH and not enable bad eating choices for him.

paperclippy 01-04-2010 04:16 PM

I just thought of some great motivation for me to get back to goal and stay there. This year will be my FIFTH maintenance anniversary. It would be great to greet five years actually at my goal weight!

peccavi 01-05-2010 10:52 AM

I hardly ever post, especially not here in Maintenance, but I think it's time!

Here are my weight and food related goals/dreams/etc for 2010:
-Keep in my current weight range (100-105)
-Keep up with cardio 6x per week and strength training at least 2-3x per week
-Ween myself off of artificial sweeteners
-Work on my obsession with food
-Accept my body for what it is
-Stop using food to try to treat my depression, it doesn't work

megwini 01-05-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperclippy (Post 3074363)
I just thought of some great motivation for me to get back to goal and stay there. This year will be my FIFTH maintenance anniversary. It would be great to greet five years actually at my goal weight!

Woo hoo! I read somewhere that people who maintain their loss for 5 years are almost nonexistant... I think once you get to that point you KNOW you can do it for the rest of your life. Go paperclippy.

And resolutions? Let me get back to you on that one. :)

MBN 01-06-2010 01:55 PM

I guess I'll hop on in to this! I want to:
- Maintain my weight loss, 2 years down and entering year 3! But, I want to reduce the weight "swings", with as few days over 115 as possible and NEVER ever see a number over 120, not even for one day! I still tend to be "on" plan or way "off" plan, and need to strive for more of that happy medium.
- Maintain my exercise routine, continue strength training, and keep working toward being able to do at least one one-arm pushup. (Hey, Jillian can do it ..)
- Run a full marathon. Stretch goal: break 2 hours in a half marathon.

fattuesday 01-06-2010 03:51 PM

-This is my first new year at or around goal for many years. I'd like next new year to be my second.

- I'd like to work on firming up (when do those muffin tops become slivers?)

- I'd be really happy if I could wean myself off my 2 morning cappuccinos, the kick is great but...

Have a great 2010 everyone. I really appreciate this site, and especially the maintainers' forum (I've been secretly visiting for a while).

FT

BlueToBlue 01-06-2010 09:14 PM

It's been a while since I posted but here are my goals for 2010:
  1. Run, not walk, up Mission Peak. Running slow is okay.
  2. Buy a bicycle and add bicycling to my exercise program.
  3. Eat better quality foods during the day and stop splurging on evening snacks. Follow a low carb diet for at least a few weeks just to see if it helps.
  4. Get weight back into low 120s.

Non-diet/exercise related stuff:
  1. Finish quilt I started ten years ago.
  2. Discuss home equity vs. home loan with bank. Decide whether we want to renovate or just move.
  3. Deal with some health issues I've been ignoring.
  4. Finishing office filing.
  5. Clean out closet.

mandalinn82 12-28-2010 02:14 AM

Has no one bumped this yet? How'd we all do?

Mine:
Quote:

So my little tweaks for the year:
1. Avoid fitness ruts by varying workouts. Wear heart rate monitor to ensure cardio target goals are being reached.

2. Improve flexibility

3. Try to break habit of letting small off-plan indulgences lead to several days of off-plan indulgences. Even if they are small and don't cause a gain, they aren't a positive thing to have all around.

4. Break bad habit of regularly replacing the calories for a healthy snack with something less healthy. I know that a bowl of ice cream and a bowl of yogurt w/ high fiber cereal and berries have the same calories...but they aren't the same!

5. Work on reducing stress and anxiety levels.

6. Professionally, keep myself and my team better organized as we expand, which is going to be a big challenge for me...I am good at organizing myself, but no so great at imposing structure on others.
1. Started running more and training for races. Was a bit limited by the shoulder, but think I did OK. Next year I'm doing a Warrior Dash and some other fun stuff to mix it up. I also did water aerobics this summer...super fun!

2. A bit of flexibility improvement, especially in my legs. Chiro could "tell I was athletic" because I reached down when he asked me to touch my toes and did it easily. Want to start getting it back in my shoulder, and start working with it as a permanent injury, since it seems to be one.

3. Small off-plan indulgences were more appropriately limited, in my opinion. I tended not to let the weekends get away from me quite so badly.

4. This was still an issue. I really need to work on it more in 2011.

5. I feel like I've really achieved this, which is awesome. I worry much less about the little stuff nowadays, and am much more flexible in every day life.

6. Professionally, this was a banner year. Expanded my team and got promoted. So that part is good!

How about the rest of you?