Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #1  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Question Hi, Featherweights, I have a question

I've been stuck at 140 for about 6 weeks now, occasionally dropping down within a pound of goal (135) but then bouncing back up to 139-140. I want to shed these last 5lbs, but I'm worried that if I do anything drastic like dramatically cut my calories (say to 1200 from about 1700 now) or up my exercise (from 60mins 5x/wk plus upper body weights to 90mins 7x/wk plus more strength training) I will just bounce back to 140 after I go back to my normal habits. That's how I've been losing weight this whole time: eating and exercising like I want to be doing for the rest of my life, and seeing where that gets me, but now it seems like I've finally come to rest. Which is ok; originally my goal was 140 but I want to get to 135 just to have a buffer zone, which is why I'm less keen on changing my habits to get there.

When you shed the last 5-10, did you have to take dramatic steps to get there? And if so, when you went back to your normal healthy lifestyle habits, did the pounds jump back on?
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #2  

I don't know if it's "normal" but I've had to make some drastic changes to lose the last 5-10 lbs. I haven't lost it all YET, but I've seen small drops in my weight since I've dropped my calories again. I'm hoping to keep it up over the next few weeks, but like you, I'm worried that once I start eating "normal" again those few lbs will just make their way back onto my body.
I guess my body will just need fewer calories to maintain itself, but eating such few calories makes me feel like I'm starving all day.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

You may want to post this on the maintainers forum.

I have had to cut calories down to the low end of my range (closer to 1200) and up my activity some (though I'm not as active as many on this site -- I don't run and my resistance is Curves, not free weights).

As a result, I am making progress instead of stalling, but I don't know what will happen if I try to go back to "normal" healthy lifestyle habits.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I think that's a good idea. Can I move it to maintainers?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #5  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Sure...I guess it does belong more over there. I think featherweights will totally be able to relate, but hopefully maintainers will have the answer
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote