Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-27-2008, 05:41 AM   #46  
Meg

I love everything you bought! The skirts are all so summery and pretty -- my favorite is the JJill one. The two Ann Taylor blue are my favorite color in the whole world, so of course they're fantastic.

I've seen those little shrug sweaters too and they're certainly cute but I wondered about warmth too. Plus they may be a fashion trend - like ponchos - that are around for one season and then look dated.

Good for you for not falling into that size head game! No one will know what number is on the label when you're wearing it! Or you can cut the tag out. Sizes make no sense at all any more and don't tell us anything about ourselves, so best to just ignore them.

Fabulous shopping!!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Oh thanks, Meg, I love the first Talbot's sweater (I knew there was a store that always had pretty, classic stuff I was forgetting!!). Their website is currently all kerflunkey, hopefully they get it working soon.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

You're in a springy, colorful, girly mood! I have been too - I came home with a light pink and green comforter and light green sheets. Not as preppy or girly as it sounds, but for me, it's girly. It makes me smile.

I love the items you did get.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well, I did my share of shopping this weekend!

I got two pair of capris at Coldwater Creek (I can't buy their pants as they are too short, but Capris are great). Here is one pair http://image.coldwatercreek.com/Prod...4929_994_S.JPG
and I got a cute yellow tee to go with them
and the other is thishttp://image.coldwatercreek.com/Prod...4798_030_S.JPG
and a very nice white button-down with it (it'll look really cute with a colorful scarf)
and then I ordered this pair (they didn't have my size in the store)
http://image.coldwatercreek.com/Prod...4877_030_S.JPG

While I was in LA, I picked up a black mock wrap tee by Ralph Lauren and a cute pair of Geox shoes for kicking around in.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #50  
Working My Way Back Down

Great clothes!

I forgot, I got this jacket at Coldwater Creek when I was in Minneapolis last month ($20 off)
http://www.coldwatercreek.com/produc...sembleid=45335

And ordered this one at 20% off from J Jill the other day.
http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/pro...78EC2&h=M&sk=M

I actually saw it and tried it on at the store in Mall of America, but didn't get it. But then I got an email 20% coupon and I was so there! Of course now I need some new brown pants, actually kind of a cocoa color. I have a pair that's the right color, but they're showing their age....
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

I went shopping Friday ALL BY MYSELF! It is my absolute favorite way to shop when I need clothes. The girls don't like the stores I like and DH has no patients and my girlfriends have never shopped at the stores I like. Hmmm. You know, I could probably shop with my friends now - I don't shop at the stores I did when I was in plus sizes. I may have to re-think my shopping!

Anyway, I went to Penney's and Kohl's and Coldwater Creek and had a great time.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/wome...et+Top+Set.jsp

This is my favorite thing of the day.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #52  
Meg

Love the top!!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:49 AM   #53  
No description available.

I shopped in my closet yesterday! I pulled out a pair of olive green capris that I haven't worn in years (if ever....I think I bought them on the spur of the moment and couldn't get them over my hips.)

They are loose. Heh heh!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Hey Meg, I went to Talbot's and got that split neck navy blue top, it actually fit beautifully and looks great.

I wore my new cream colored skirt with the orange sherbert top yesterday (where I was on plan at least for breakfast and dinner, but sadly not lunch) and someone asked if I got the skirt at Anthropologie - which I considered a huge compliment!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #55  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/140/135

Height: 5'6"

Ohhh, Anthropologie....
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #56  
Working My Way Back Down

Well, I scored a pair of pants in the color brown I wanted - in the next smaller size to my "usual" - at the thrift store yesterday. BRAND NEW! and I paid $3. Love it. Also got a pair of Land's End white jeans for $3, and by the way, some dishes for work which is why I went there in the first place.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #57  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Can I vent for a second? When did button-down shirts go "out" for workwear?

My standard work uniform when I have to travel - buttondown, blazer, pants or skirt. I always could find buttondowns in the plus sizes...but it took 3 stores to find one yesterday!

That being said, I got two new shirts for my trip this week, along with a bunch of business clothes I bought a month or so ago, so I'm all set.

I must say, I do rock a suit jacket these days.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Okay - while we're venting - when did they quit making "normal" length shorts? Everything is SHORT or BERMUDA or SKIMMERS. I feel pretty good about my shape right now, but I'm 42 so no matter what size I wear I'm NEVER going to be in the short shorts again. I'm a thick-legged person so bermuda's just look like over-stuffed sausage casings and I'm short, so the skimmers are capris. Which is sort of handy because the capris just look like flood pants. :-) But, really, what happened to real normal shorts with a six or seven inch or eight inch inseam that go most of the way to your knee? I could not find one pair!

Also - I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who goes to the thrift store and then half the time forgets to get what she went there for. I love the darn things! Our Goodwill is just awesome.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #59  
Chuggin' along...

Well I'm in a bad mood today, so I figured shopping would cheer me up. I had gone to the city 2 weekends ago to look for bridesmaids dresses for my friend's wedding (June 14). I tried on this beautiful dress at Ann Taylor that I had seen online, but between my pear shape and my constantly changing sizes I need to try things on before I buy. This dress was beautiful, but full price ($188), so I didn't get it at the time. And now it's on sale online, plus free shipping, so I ordered it!

http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/pro...ategory=Misses

The color is a bit more turquoise-y in person. It is very flattering to my coloring and the cut emphasizes my waist, hides my booty. I NEVER spend this much money on a dress (my norm is $20-40 at most) as my budget is tight so this one is really special! I was thinking a little silver jewelry and silver sandals to go with it.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #60  
Meg

Retail therapy -- works every time!! Megan, I absolutely love that dress! It's a fabulous color and I think the halter top is really going to flatter your figure. It's worth every penny and I'm sure it's going to look just incredible on you! You'll have to post pictures!