Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-20-2007, 09:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Welcome to my pity party!

Warning--Rant On!

I am so tired!! It just isn't fair. I want to eat an entire chocolate cake, followed by a bag of doritos and topped off with a diet coke.

I want a fast metabolism. I want better genes. I want better jeans. I want to be a size 4 and I'm so sick and tired of working hard and treading water just to be a size 12, um ok, a size 14.

I want to lie on the couch all day and watch Paula Deen. I want to do a set of 10 lunges without being sore for a week. I want to run an 8 minute mile once in my life. I want my husband to walk the dogs so I can hide in my closet and cry.

I want my DD to be nice to me. I want things to go well at work and not have anybody bring in 2 dozen cupcakes. I want to develop cravings for salad. I want more than 3 days off work in a row. I want to have a good honest primal scream in a forest where no one can hear me. I want to sleep for a week.

Rant off!

I feel better now. Graham cracker fest avoided.

Who's next??

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:00 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I feel for you and some days I feel EXACTLY the same way so I don't need to rant for myself you did a good job! Hey and if it made you feel better and aviod doing something damaging that you will regret even better.
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Goodness gracious, why on Earth would you have a whole cake and doritos, only to top it off with diet coke?

I'm sure all of us have had those days where we long after Paula Deen's ability to cook an entire meal using only butter. Salads even get old for me after awhile and all I want is the biggest bowl of spaghetti that will fit into the pot.. I'm sorry you've had a rough day. Hope it gets better It will get better. Keep on keepin' on.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:32 AM   #4  
Meg

Silly Jen, the diet Coke cancels out the Dorito and cake calories. That's Dieting 101!

I want to stop thinking about my weight all the time. Period.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:29 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Isn't it like against the law or something to consume junk food with anything BUT diet coke? At least that's what I was always led to believe.

Oh Anne my dear. I hear you, LOUD AND CLEAR. Like Bikini said, I have no problem adding in my own rant here, none whatsoever, but thank you very much, you've done a wonderful job and I'm not going to add to it.

The only thing I will say is, oh how I wish food, even the healthy stuff, was not on my mind 24/7, yup, I'm even dreaming about the stuff.

Hang in there Anne, this wonderful phase of yours is bound to pass, isn't it?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Talking This rant has a positive side

HAHA, yup, eat ANYTHING you WANT as long as you drink DIET Coke! I had a roommate who really believed this. She was chunky (not fat per se) and proclaimed that she was addicted to Diet Coke. And um, she also thought she was thin. We had a falling out (this was pre-fat me) and I told her how FAT and STUPID she really was, and that if she wanted to lose weight, she had better GET OFF HER FAT *** and DO something instead of assuming DIET Coke will work miracles!

Karma must be quite the biatch, because two years later, *I* got fat!

I wish I could stop thinking about weight, too. I see some people who never even think about weight, and it blows my mind (these people are usually "naturally thin")! I wish I could stop calculating in my mind how many calories and carbs something has and just ENJOY IT! I wish I could splurge without the urge to purge (no, I don't do this, but it's crossed my mind because I feel immensely guilty after eating a lot of crap). I wish I could eat like my girlfriend and NOT GET FAT - SHE isn't! Sometimes, I feel like I'm obsessed with my body...

But look - there's an upside to all this so-called obsession - WE LOOK GOOD and we're HEALTHY! A lot of ex-fatties actually look better than natural slimmies because if we are to put ourselves through all this damn trouble just to be slim and healthy, we're GOING to take physical care in other aspects; it's only natural. We have good habits that will make us live longer and age better. Some thin people are actually fat on the inside - their fat grows between their internal organs and therefore doesn't show much externally. They may be thin, but it doesn't make them healthy.

I used to envy "naturally thin" people, but I don't anymore. I look slim enough (size 6 mostly now!) I look hot. I can lose the rest of my weight and look hotter. A lot of these naturally thin people I know are also in my age group (early 20's) and by the time they see 40, I have no doubt in my mind they will have "blown up" if they don't change their habits...

And Anne, you can do all the things you want. If a 4 isn't practical, I'm sure an 8 could be!

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 09-21-2007 at 07:49 AM.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I want three doughnuts and coffee with real cream and three sugars for breakfast. I want lunch that will jump out of the cupboard and into my mouth without any prep.
I don't want to be quiltily aware that I didn't lift weights yesterday.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I agree to all of the above.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:47 AM   #9  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I don't really mind knowing I have to be careful about my weight. But I would really, really like to NOT be thinking about food and calories and grams of fat and stuff ALL THE TIME! Knowing that I can't have cake every day would be enough, ya know?

*groans*
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #10  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Well I guess I can't say I've never been guilty of trying to cancel out a bad meal with diet soda.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I think it was Robin who mentioned in another thread that she's unsure if could have done this during any other time of her life. I got to thinking about that with regard to this thread ... Anne's life phase and so on.

I did lose weight once when the kids were smaller. There was a slow down at work, I was home alone all day with no money to go and do anything. I danced around the house and ate as little of the grocery budget as I could. But when life got back to 'normal', I went back to my 'normal' too. A sort of behind the scenes facilitator.
I don't begrudge that fact that so many folks needed my help back then (although I know I did at times) and I don't mean nobody needs me now. It's just different.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

All I can add is this:

I wish I could accept the fact that I am at a healthy weight right now and that I don't NEED to lose more. I WANT to lose more. There is a difference.

Oh, and if I am forced to eat fast food, I ALWAYS have diet coke! I thought it was the law (although my DD thinks it is the stupidest thing in the world). I just say why drink 200 calories when you can drink 1? She says, so drink water! I should listen to her more!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
All I can add is this:

I just say why drink 200 calories when you can drink 1? She says, so drink water! I should listen to her more!!
Yup, that's it and also - why would I drink 200 calories if I could CHEW/EAT them instead.?

Susan, yes, I recently said that I could never have tackled this weight loss at a younger age. Yup, my kids are older now, they're all teenagers. That was a big factor for me. I really, REALLY needed to put my 1000% focus on this task. And I felt my kids were up to it. I also felt that whatever all the fat was doing for me in the past, like if I was using it to hide from certain things, retreat from certain things, using it to relieve stress, boredom, frustration or whatever purpose it was serving for me, I was now, at an older age ready to deal with it. Also the length of time that I was miserable for probably played a factor as well in determining when I was ready to tackle this. I literally could not take anymore. I needed to hit rock, rock, ROCK bottom in order for the weight loss to occur. It took me lots of years to build up to hit that rock. Unfortunately
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:11 PM   #14  
Working My Way Back Down

Anne, I was thinking about you yesterday as a 2 year old had a total meltdown in the library. The mom was beside herself, but she had 2 older kids checking out. All she wanted to do was leave (probably without the toddler ). All I have to offer is to you.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote