Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Although I sometimes get light headed when dieting (and I'm sure it has to do with low BP) I haven't experienced what Meg described. Instead, I'm "blessed" with a kind of dumping syndrome after eating anything with high fat. I've found some probiotics that seem to keep the problem in check, but there was a time where a meal that included something high in fat would lead to serious stomach cramps and diarrhea within a couple hours of the meal. I wonder if people who are taking Alli experience this same type of thing?
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #17  
Chuggin' along...

It's not just me??? I definitely am much more sensitive to overeating and overdrinking now than I ever was. I will feel faint, dizzy, even nauseous overeating on "bad" foods (feeling is not as bad, or doesn't come, overeating healthier foods though). I tend to get lots of extra ahem, gas, sometimes other intestinal problems. Drinking alcohol will also sometimes make me sick to my stomach (even if I've only had 1 or 2 drinks - I'm not talking about getting sick from drinking excessively), and if I'm trying to eat foods I don't normally and drink alcohol as often happens at a party, well, watch out. I wish I could just learn to control my eating in social situations...I'm better but not quite there yet.

Actually eating or overeating 'unusual' foods also affects just about everything, and I get a lot of the symptoms mentioned here. I get more headaches, don't sleep well, feel like crap, feel really tired and cranky - just generally am not fun to be around.

I have a story similar to Meg's about fainting and I'm glad to finally learn I'm not the only one. A little over 2 1/2 years ago I had just started a new job. I'd been totally OP for about 4 months, went on travel for a meeting at work, and ended up eating a meal that was much, much larger and full of white carby, fatty foods I hadn't eaten in quite a while. I ended up fainting an hour or two later in front of my new boss and new co-workers, swan diving onto a concrete walkway and cutting my head right above my eye. Thank goodness the cut wasn't deep and my eyebrow, though never quite the same, hides the scar completely. I never went to a dr. b/c of lack of health insurance. Glad to know I'm not alone. BTW, though my boss joked for about two years whenever he saw me with a drink "who's going to follow Megan with the pillow?" my relationship with my colleagues was none the worse for wear.

My BP has always been quite low. It is about 110/70 now, but it was always low before I lost weight, too, in fact even lower (90/60 was not an unusual reading for me). Hmm...
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:18 AM   #18  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Thank you very much for this thread. If confirms some experiences I have had eating things my body can no longer tolerate.

Yes, it is healthy to reject what is unhealthy.

You all are super!
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote