Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #1  

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

Default You keep me going.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the maintainers here. I've been stuck 30lbs above the healthy range for 4 months now, with no changes in inches and lately I've felt like walking away from everything and accepting that I will always be fat. I've enjoyed coming here and reading your excitement e.g. buying Summer clothes, and that gives me hope. Hopefully one day I can join here and feel that excitement too.
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Are you doing anything to lose that 30 pounds? Diet? Exercise?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #3  
Meg

What a sweet post! On behalf of all of us, thank you!

Please join us now! You're at a really delicate and critical point in your weight loss journey. You sound frustrated but I know you DON'T want to undo all your hard work and start gaining weight back!

What if you decided to practice your maintenance skills for a while? Stop worrying about losing and instead focused on lifetime eating and exercise habits? Just making them part of your everyday life? You can always see if you want to continue losing later on. Just ease up and give yourself a break from the stress of losing for now.

Anyone here will tell you that the Maintainers Forum is for anyone who wants to maintain a weight loss, no matter how close or far they are from goal. I think that's YOU and we hope you stick around.

Hoping to hear more from you.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:11 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Are you doing anything to lose that 30 pounds? Diet? Exercise?
I started last April. My rate of loss has been REALLY slow, then it increased to a lb a wk (I loved that! and then it stopped. I do pilates, Tae bo, Turbo Jam, running, walking, weights and resistance bands. It's been so long because for months I assumed that my exercise was the problem. I thought that I needed to start a brand new one to shock my body again, so I stuck to the advance 45-55min Tae bo tapes and started running/walking, but then I started gaining for the first time.

Just this week I finally thought "Maybe it's my diet." I tried eating around 1300-1400, and that's when I started gaining, so now I'm gonna try eating around 1800-2000. I think I might've been eating 1600-1700 when I got my consistent lb per wk loss, but obviously it's not working anymore. It's kinda hard getting that much, but I'd find that easier to maintain when I get to m final goal that a lower figure so I should be grateful. I can't see if it's working right now because my period has come. I hope it's working though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post

Anyone here will tell you that the Maintainers Forum is for anyone who wants to maintain a weight loss, no matter how close or far they are from goal. I think that's YOU and we hope you stick around.

Hoping to hear more from you.

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Welcome!

I'm not sure I understand why you would eat more calories to increase your weight loss... ???

At any rate, please do join in! I've only been maintaining for a month. I'd like to lose more weight, but it has to wait for awhile so I can move to a new city and also take a food rest. It's HARD WORK to lose weight!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:59 AM   #6  

^Don't some people do that? Another woman on another site increased hers to 1800 and started losing again. I thought it works. I tried eating less, but started to gain.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I'm not sure I understand why you would eat more calories to increase your weight loss... ???

It doesn't make any sense to me either, but this week, I have been getting cravings for sweets, and had a cereal bar and a FEW Special K bars that they had at work and have been at 1600-1800 calories most days this week (as opposed to the 1200-1500 I'm usually at), and for some weird reason, I lost 4.4 pounds this week, rather than the usual two pounds or so.
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 AM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well... 4.4 pounds! Can't argue with that! huh!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:44 AM   #9  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Hmm, I think it works for some people, in that it 'shocks' the body into thinking it's getting more food again, and as a consequence, for some time, it will tend to cling to the remaining stored fat a little less, and let some of it go again. But I could be mistaken. All I know is that one shouldn't go under 1200 cals a day, and not every single day, because that's getting too low. The rest is still unknown fine-tuning for me.

Anyway, I must admit that visiting this forum is also an inspiration for me. Things aren't easy every day, sometimes I really struggle, but reading topics here always remind me that there ARE people who managed to lose weight AND maintain it, so it means it is possible. It's a courage boost.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:19 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna829 View Post
It doesn't make any sense to me either, but this week, I have been getting cravings for sweets, and had a cereal bar and a FEW Special K bars that they had at work and have been at 1600-1800 calories most days this week (as opposed to the 1200-1500 I'm usually at), and for some weird reason, I lost 4.4 pounds this week, rather than the usual two pounds or so.
Congrats!