Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-23-2007, 05:47 PM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default An article on Maintainer's Brains:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/perso...ead/index.html

I got this article courtey of CC from the 100lb club (thanks CC ).

I definitely fit into the "B" category. Which I consider to be a blessing. But like I mentioned over at the 100lb club thread with this article, I do believe that even if not naturally the "B" type personality, you can retrain yourself to pick up some of those aspects. I've got a little "D" in me too.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:14 PM   #2  
Mel

Hmmm...not sure I'm really any of them. I used to be a "b", but the neatness and organized part is definitely slipping! Especially the neatness.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'd be interested in finding the original sources for these studies. Interesting stuff, but of course I have lots of questions... while I do think people differ in terms of how organized or spontaneous or emotional they are, I'm often disturbed when it's framed in terms of "left" and "right" brain. I'm pretty certain if we asked a neuroscientist they would tell us the brain doesn't really work in such stark left/right fashion.

And I wonder how the 2 studies fit together. It would seem the people from the first study who were the most successful (the controlled, methodical, sticklers from group "B") are NOT like the successful people from the second study who were open to dramatic changes in their lives. They sound more like "D" people...

Finally, getting more at the categories they discuss from the first study, you could probably guess from the above that I am probably more "A" than anything else Though not with regard to "working with machinery"...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I think I fall mostly in the C category, but I don't seem too bored to count and log my calories each day. So, maybe not. I do think the change in my routine from not working outside the home has helped some. Now, I choose when and what to eat and what to have available at all times. I also now am able to choose how I want to get my exercise whether it is walking, swimming, hula-hoop, exercise ball , elliptical or exercise videos. I can rest when and if I need and don't feel so pressured for time.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:51 AM   #5  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Interesting classifications, although I'm not sure how it all works out in the end, nor if it can be 'simplified' in such a way. Hm. I guess I must be a mix between a B and a D, then--there's method in my changes, and changes in my methods. But it's true that logically speaking, knowing what I've learnt here and in the past two years about weight loss and maintenance, the B category seems to have a lot of keys in hand for long-term success in that regard.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote