Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #46  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I am very disappointed with this mornings WI. I am up 2 lbs. which I don't understand. I have been super strict and sticking at 1200-1401 calories for several days. I felt so thin when I got up and my tummy (which is always my problem area) was so flat. I really thought I had lost a lb. or two. Dang it. I hate that dang scale. No more than I've been eating, I really think it must be water retention from the outside work in the heat yesterday. It is still so frustrating nonetheless. I'm not going to let this deter me on my way back to my ticker weight. I will stay on plan.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #47  
Mel

Lily- Just hang in there on plan! It will go.

Tara- That's pretty terrifying about the labeling at Wild Oats. I occaisionally make a long trip to shop there (over 60 miles each way) because they have the best gluten-free selection of foods that I don't have to make. Getting extra calories is bad enough, but getting "glutened" by sloppy labeling could put my son out of commission and miserable for a week or more! And we'd be baffled about the reason if the danged things were incoreectly labeled.

Alison- I let my son go to a lockdown party at the local gaming place on Friday. I hate it, but it's always been safe. I's much scarier once they are over 18 and you can't lock them in anymore!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #48  
lilybelle

Thanks Mel, I need someone to slap me back to reality and tell me it is normal for wt. to fluctuate a couple of lbs. Coming from myself it sounds like a cop out. Oh well, I had my healthy breakfast and I'm going back outside to weed all my gardening areas. After that I need to hop on the mower and quit procrastinating on getting this yard mowed.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Mel, it's good to know I'm not the only one! DD is home, she had a good time, but she said that at about 2AM she was feeling a bit queezy and needed some air so she asked to go outside and was told that she couldn't because she was under 18. I guess he took pity on her though and he went outside with her so he could take a smoke break. She said that was all she needed and after 5 minutes felt much better. She said it was the noise from one of the gaming consoles that she was sitting near that gave her a headache.

Lily~you're not alone!!!!! I've been really careful myself and the scale is not moving (okay, up and down a half pound, but that's all). I made my menu for the week and did all my shopping yesterday, so I should be okay. At least I hope so! It helps that I put all my breakfasts together, too. Some mornings I'm too lazy to open all the berry containers to dish it all out, so I got out 5 Tupperware bowls and divided up all the berries into the 5 containers. Now all I have to do is open one and grab a spoon! Lunches are similar--I bought reduced fat salads from Trader Joe's for DH and myself. Each one is about 300 calories.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #50  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

hi all, sorry haven't posted for a while as have been home in wales with dubious internet contact.
lilybelle, I am convinced the scales lie. both ways. end of the day, you know you've been good - the truth will out - hang in there! i know what you mean though, when you say we all remind each other but it feels like a cop-out from ourselves!
Well I kept up my exercise and was good with eating except last night when I took my mum and brother out for lebanese food. for that meal I said to heck with it. Buuut back to normal today, tomorrow will be good and weigh day tuesday so fingers crossed.
btw, as a non-drinker, does anyone on this thread ever feel pressured by others to drink? how do you deal with that?
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone - I hope you are all well,

Just checking in.
Skipped lunch like a dimwit and then hit the buffet with a vengence yesterday at the party. And I wonder why the scale won't budge???
Doing better today + I am flying solo for the week and it might be easier to eat less.
Feeling rather blue lately and I think I have reverted to medicating with food - any suggestions on how to combat that??

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #52  
lilybelle

Thanks ladies for the support. I'm back in now from working 3.5 hrs. mowing and cleaning up tree branches. We're now burning off a bunch of limbs. (DH is outside now trying to keep the burning from reaching our pasture). I also weeded 3 of my flower beds today.
Today has been stressful with conflict from SD's MIL and I babysit the grandkids for 3 hrs. this morning. My eating wasn't good today but I hope some of the yard work will help. (I caved in and made home-made Mac-n-cheese because DS and DH asked for it). I should have left it alone but I didn't. My first mac-n-cheese to cross my lips in 2 yrs. and I didn't even enjoy it. It just really didn't hit the spot for me. I'm gonna try to just forget it and get back on plan right now.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:49 AM   #53  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

sznn - medicate with exercise! I know, I know, I sound like a crazy TV evangelist, and a few years ago I would've wanted to groan at the thought. but it - really - does - work. The hard part is getting started. After a workout your mood will soar, I promise! I'm speaking as a medicated depressive here, I honestly believe that exercise is better than drugs. Well, ok, exercise is as good as drugs. lol.
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote