Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Old 03-27-2011, 11:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Height: 5'5

Default Anyone else in Roller Derby?

I was wondering if anyone else out there is a fan or is on a team? I did it for a while last year when I was living back home. I just got a chance to join the team where I'm living now and it's such a good time! One of the most awesome aspects of Derby is that women of all ages and sizes are part of it. I didn't know there was a team back home until my sister told me and I joined, but I think the sport has been getting a lot more popular lately.
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #2  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

I know someone on this forum who is, I'll forward the link to this thread to her and maybe she'll be interested in chatting it up about roller derby, you girls are bad mammajammas!
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #3  

cool! thanks!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #4  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Default I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmanda View Post
I was wondering if anyone else out there is a fan or is on a team? I did it for a while last year when I was living back home. I just got a chance to join the team where I'm living now and it's such a good time! One of the most awesome aspects of Derby is that women of all ages and sizes are part of it. I didn't know there was a team back home until my sister told me and I joined, but I think the sport has been getting a lot more popular lately.
I remember when I was A LOT younger I use to watch roller derby on t.v. I thought it was a kick. But, to tell you the truth, I haven't seen any of it since.

Enjoy.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #5  

It's funny that your name is Nightmare, that's the name of my old team, The Muddy River Nightmares. They are no longer a team, though. But, like I said I didn't even know there were teams here in Iowa until I moved back home (to Illinois, lol.)
Old 03-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

i haven't, but I have ALWAYS wanted to try!! Maybe I'll look into it. I can be a beast. Hahaha.

Last edited by djs06; 03-30-2011 at 09:47 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #7  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

I was training with fresh meats for derby last year but I split my shin at practice one night and had to let it go. I still love skating though, I have friends who made the team so I go see them at bouts and such and we skate together sometimes. I just can't go play derby with them, which sucks because it was really a great time!
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote