3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Lighten Up! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/lighten-up-38/)
-   -   old at 25?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/lighten-up/226024-old-25-a.html)

MissSMcC 02-18-2011 05:17 PM

old at 25?!

my daughter will be 10 in april, she asked me 'mum what year were you born in?' i said '1985', she said 'woah...' lol nice eh! :mad:

Porthardygurl 02-18-2011 07:23 PM

lol..i turn 25 in two days..im not looking forward..but its not old..i feel old though...:(

monstermash 02-18-2011 07:57 PM

I'm 26 and I remember when my mom was 26 and I was 10. I knew that she was young to have a daughter my age (I was proud to still have a young, fun mom!) but still, the sixties seemed like a looooong time ago.

What does make me feel old is all my classmates at college having their 21st birthday parties while I'm trying to wrap my head around turning thirty pretty soon.

glenlorie 02-18-2011 08:22 PM

I was born in 1985 and I just turned 26. When I turned 25 it didn't really hit me, but now that I'm 26 I think wow! I'm almost 30! Not to mention I have five kids that think I'm older than dirt lol!

cheeriloos 02-18-2011 09:42 PM

Well I'm turning 25 in April and I totally understand where you're coming from!
My Oldest Daughter just turned 7 years old last week and I cannot believe I am getting to be 30 . I do have one thing to be happy about and thats when i'm in my forties my kids will be grown and I can enjoy them and the family that they make when they get older. So be happy that when you turn about 48 you can enjoy being an adult with your kids .

sarahyu 02-25-2011 08:19 AM

I was teaching a sunday school class, once this little boy asked me what it was like living in the olden days when they didn't have electricity or cars....ok, I was like 30 at the time. I started spinning this tale about living in caves and going out to kill dinasours with my spear. He promptly told me that couldn't be true because they'd been studying dinasours and I couldn't be that old.
"Well, how old do you think I am?" "Oh, your really old probably 25." Thanks kid, I really needed that. Now that kid has graduated from college...that makes me feel old.

marie81 02-25-2011 08:39 AM

im hitting 30 in july and my kids think i am old :(

MissSMcC 02-25-2011 10:50 AM

cant wait for grandkids, i can tell them all about walkmans and sega megadrives lol :)

Aunty Jam 03-03-2011 12:09 PM

You guys are all just little kids... I REMEMBER 1985. So there :P

TheBunneh 03-03-2011 12:28 PM

When I was 10 I thought 17 was old. :lol: A year felt like a lifetime back then. It's all just perspective. =)

I'm 21 now, and I think of 40 as still young!

takingcontrol 03-05-2011 08:22 AM

I'm 26 next week and all of my similarly aged friends are freaking out about getting old, I don't get it, I still feel well young! And, I plan to get thin and fit while I'm still young too!

Hope my view on age long continues!

MissSMcC 03-05-2011 09:04 AM

takingcontrol i still feel young but have noticed myself tutting at teenagers wearing their jeans round their ankles lol
oh and good luck with the BL challenge! :)

ohmanda 03-27-2011 11:51 PM

25 isn't old....I'm 25 and I can't even imagine having kids at this point in my life. I'm the age my mom was when she had me. Some of my friends have kids now but I'm not ready to grow up. Maybe in another 5 years. Maybe.

theox 03-28-2011 12:03 AM

I do feel kind of old sometimes. Then again, sometimes I feel younger than I did in my teens and early 20s (mostly because I think I'm finally starting to get a grip on life).

Still, seeing the teenagers walking around in whatever passes for teenage chic these days, my former classmates and their children, and even the students in my grad program who have come straight from undergrad do make me feel a bit aged some days. :)

Nola Celeste 03-28-2011 12:20 AM

You were born the year before I graduated high school. If I were you, I wouldn't feel too old. :D

I'm 41 and I still feel pretty much like I did when I was 25. If anything, I feel better than I did then, because now I'm married to the right man, doing the right job, and living in my own house instead of a crappy little half-double shotgun apartment. AND I no longer smoke, so I save more money. :D

Being 25 was great. Being 41 is also great, I am happy to report. :)

konfyoozed 03-28-2011 12:20 AM

i'm 27, and some days i feel "omg i'm 90% of the way to 30 when did that happen?!" and then the rest of the time i feel like "wait, high school ended 10 years ago? really? i still feel like i did at 17..."

but most of my friends are married, and so many of them are having kids (at least 10 babies or new pregnancies in the last year alone) so i feel like i'm a little bit behind... i'm just now getting to the 'married' stage, kids won't be for a few more years.

guess i'm a late bloomer :)

MissSMcC 04-04-2011 05:26 PM

Mandy im having similar thoughts, when people say something like 'oh that movie/ song etc came out in 2000' i think oh thats not so long ago, then im like, wait, thats 11 years ago! lol :)

XLMuffnTop 04-04-2011 05:31 PM

I was at the grocery store and this high school kid was carrying out my groceries. He saw my car and the exchange went something like this:

Kid: Oh my friend drives one of those.
Me: Yeah. It gets me from point A to point B.
Kid: They're not really fast though.
Me: ... Ok.
Kid: Yeah, it's not bad for a grandma car.

Wait, what the chuck? First off I'm 27 and you can see two dang car seats in the back. And since when has an Altima been a grandma car? It's a good thing he didn't see my husband's Lincoln Town Car. :P

OhMyDogs 04-04-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstermash (Post 3719128)
I'm 26 and I remember when my mom was 26 and I was 10. I knew that she was young to have a daughter my age (I was proud to still have a young, fun mom!) but still, the sixties seemed like a looooong time ago.

This is EXACTLY me, except for the 60's part...70's here ;) lol

Even down to knowing that my mom was younger than other mom's and that she was fun and cool. All my friends LOVED my mom!

theCandEs 04-06-2011 05:25 PM

Ugh! You guys are making me feel like crap with all your talk about being "almost 30!" :lol: I'm "almost 40" and I'm here to tell ya, it's not that much different!

Aunty Jam, you crack me up! I remember 1985, too! ;)

linJber 06-15-2011 10:06 PM

I'm 60 - if you could only realize how funny this thread sounds to me! LOL. Old is a state of mind. I'm not there yet, that's for sure!

Lin

seabiscuit 06-19-2011 04:31 PM

:D I sure don't think 25 is old because I am about to turn 35 next month and I feel old so I think all you 20 somethings are YOUNG!! ;)

Where does the time go- 35 next month, yikes!!

sarahyu 06-30-2011 03:23 PM

Wait until you're processing someone's paper work and find they were born the year you got married. Now that makes a person feel old.

FrouFrou 07-09-2011 01:53 PM

LOL! You sound like my daughter who just turned 27, she is always saying she feels old. I just turned 52 in May and it's funny I don't feel 52...whatever 52 is supposed to feel like. You are only as old as you feel...it's all a bunch of numbers!

Rainbowgirl 07-10-2011 05:03 AM

I'm 26 on the 19th, but I don't feel old. I do have moments that are like "woa, that happened in 2001? DUDE!" or "are you SERIOUS!? Your sister is HOW old? I remember changing her diaper!" to kids that used to be in my mom's day care. One just graduated high school and we had her in our day care when she was only 9-ish O_O.

INSANE how fast time flies.

Veal2Steel 07-10-2011 06:45 AM

My youngest child was born in 1985. Even I don't think of myself as "old"but I do think I'm approaching middle age. So with my line of thinking, that means I'll be hanging around till I'm close to 100!

ADL 07-30-2011 01:16 AM

I remember when I was 18 and my little cousin (who was 5) said I looked like an adult not a kid. I was so upset! Now I'm 22 and married and the biggest thing keeping me from getting pregnant is that I can't wrap my mind around being a part of the "older generation"

JOLINA 07-30-2011 02:53 AM

When I turned 26 I didn't feel old at all. But I suddenly realized I wasn't a teenager any more!
LOL

luckyme0510 07-31-2011 01:03 AM

HAHA... love this thread... like two weeks ago I was buying a bottle of wine and I was carded by the cashier who was a high schooler... After she did the math she said..."OH MY GOD, I had no idea you were THAT old. You look so much younger!"

... I'm only 23... first time I ever felt I was getting old.

kelly315 07-31-2011 06:43 AM

I'm also 25, and I think I'd feel much younger if I didn't spend all my time at a university :P

joyfulloser 07-31-2011 08:22 AM

I graduated HS in 1985!;) My daughter is 25 and I'm a grandma of 2.:D

Here's my take. Children age you. Grandchildren make you feel young again!:)

SMSDREAMER2007 07-31-2011 11:18 PM

I am only 21 and my nephew frequently says "well when I am old like you I am gonna me _____ like you" My eldest nephew is now a teenager and I remember holding him in my arms so I REALLY feel old. I feel bad for my eldest sister though she was 16 when I was born and remembers holding me as a baby now her youngest sibling is a few months shy of 22!

sarahyu 08-02-2011 10:05 AM

A few years ago I was carded at a liquor store. I'm like "Woo-hoo, I"m being carded!" :carrot: I had just turned 40. I was so happy he carded me, I was searching for my DL and you know you can never find it when you need it.

He said, "Never mind, you're too happy about getting carded. You have to be old enough."

But it made my day to be carded. :D I even told his supervisor that I was carded. The supervisor started in on the speal about how they have to card everyone yadda, yadda, I told him, "No, I'm happy I was carded and don't spoil it for me."

NEMom 08-02-2011 10:28 AM

You young chicks crack me up. I am 41 and feel younger than I did at 25. The reason, my kids are grow up. I no longer have to stress about making sure they are cared for or feel the mothers guilt of working and being away from them. I finally get a chance to find out who I am, I finally have the freedom to go to the bar and hang out. Guess what? I am finding out that I like me and yes, I love my husband. I probably love and enjoy him more now than I have in the past 10 years of our 16 year marriage.

BettyBooty 08-16-2011 07:31 AM

I am 37 with a 10 month old son (my first child), and I don't feel old at all. In fact, my husband and I are talking about trying for baby #2 sometime this winter/spring.

One of my collegagues was chit-chatting with me the other day and asked me how long I've been with my husband. I told her a little over 10 years. She snickered and asked if I was a child bride. Apparently, according to her, I look much, much younger (I am guessing mid-20s by her child bride comment). I will say, having lost a decent amount of weight has given me a lot more energy and made me feel perkier, which I firmly believe has an impact on how old you look & feel.

Blondie160 08-16-2011 08:16 AM

I remember turning 21 and having a quarter life crisis basically writing my will and everything, but now im 23 I'm embracing it and am not planning to have kids till im at least 30 so I still feel very young in that respect!

devnet 08-16-2011 09:23 AM

Pfft. You're not old until you're dead. :P

Just kidding...but not really. I've never understood very well why people feel 'old' at such a young age. I'm 23, about to turn 24, and I feel like I'm still a baby chick, never mind a spring chicken, lol. There's a whole lot of living left to do!

momwannabe 10-02-2011 11:47 AM

BettyBooty: yay for making me feel better! I just turned 32 and have an enormous ticking clock. If you can do it at 37, so can I!!! :-)

steinanwine 10-02-2011 09:24 PM

Yep - I turned 25 in April and I was pretty unhappy about it. I KNOW it's not old. I don't feel old but there are no more good birthdays after 25! Blah, don't want to think about it - at least I won't be overweight anymore as I age!

dazzlemee 11-06-2011 07:35 PM

I'll be 25 in January. I don't consider myself old until I reach 30 :)