3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL losers and friends Oct. 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/95030-lawl-losers-friends-oct-2006-a.html)

equinetcan 10-23-2006 10:44 AM

hey girls,

Well, first weekend on this journey I was OP, not quite POP as I have trouble getting all of my servings in...but absolutely no cheating!

DH is going away this coming weekend so it is going to be just me and the pooch so I am going to try a few recipes from the cookbook or from this website to try a few new things.

Looks like I am down by my scale since my last WI on friday evening. I will find out for sure tomorrow morning as I have an appt at 830am. That way I can verify if my scale is correctly measuring the weight (and I can re-calibrate if it is not).

Talk to everyone later, just on break for now. Gotta go walk laps in the work parking lot!

Alannah

Tomkyn 10-23-2006 11:13 AM

Hey everyone-

Not sure if anyone would be interested or not, but a group of people I know (and myself, of course) put together a Halloween book of short stories and illustrations, mostly as Halloween gifts for our friends. Ever notice that your artistic friends make artistic gifts, paintings, etc for birthdays and christmases, well we're all went to school for English and tend to give gifts of story.

The book is not very big but it has something like 7 short stories and quite a few illustrations. They range from very creepy to funny to distrubing to traditional Halloween stories.

If anyone would like a copy I'd be happy to mail it to you. I don't know how many of you like scary stories :-) I have several stories in it, most of which tend to center on the scary things we feared as a child (like what lives inside our closet). There's a very ghoulish werewolf story, a kind of cute witch story, a couple of mysteries, a poem, and more. You have to have kind of a dark sense of humor to enjoy it, I think.

I'm not selling it or anything, they are gifts to friends and I consider pretty much all of you my friends. :-) If you'd like one, just PM me your address and I'll send it out this week. If you don't, no sweat. Dark humor isn't for everyone! I just thought I'd throw it out there since it feels like most of you are close friends even though I've never met you.

geraldine1970 10-23-2006 11:17 AM

Good morning girls!! I hope you all had a good weekend. I worked Saturday and Sunday in the ER (12 hour shifts). Not a lot of drama this weekend, just the usual college kids getting way too drunk. Oh I have to tell you all this.... an 18 year old girl came drunk to the bones, pooped on herself....oh man it was all over the bed, the floor, she was way too wasted to assist us clean her up. What a mess. It makes you wanna video tape it up and show it to them when they get sober. Silly, silly. silly :devil: :devil: :devil: She was a little bitty thing, why she drank that much I will never know. Anyway I am off to my weigh in. I hope I lost a little bit, I did have a POP weekend.

Have a good day everyone............:goodluck: :goodluck:

Prazteam 10-23-2006 11:36 AM

MickeySue - Congrats on the jeans! Definately a NSV!!! :whoo: I'll be praying for your DHs test results. Don't worry - believe!!!

Debster - What is the deal with that?!? I've got a "low fat" cookbook and with the amount of sugar and salt they put in the recipe - it's no wonder you don't miss the FAT!!! We ALL need to be looking closer at the labels - especially anything labeled "low fat" because the sugar and sodium are going to be up to mask the lower fat flavor! (Maybe not in all cases - but in many I've found!)
Congrats on the MEDIUM tops!!! :whoo: And I'm waiting to hear about the shiratake noodles! I still can't find them here...

Lea Ann - I made the brownies when I got home. I used DH family size brownie mix, added 1/4 cup egg beaters and a small can of pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!) and had to add a little water to get a batter consistency. They smelled good baking and they tasted GREAT with a little FF cool whip on them, BUT the texture is a little heavy. They are more dense like fudge with a little more rubbery consistency. DH and I enjoyed the treat and we counted them as a starch and a fruit. (same as a LA Biscotti). I'm going to try freezing the rest for a later time.

Tweeteach - Plan, plan, plan!!! If you Dh want to have doritos, get yourself some POP snacks. I keep popcorn flavored rice cakes and caramel rice cakes on hand all the time. For a treat, I spread a tsp of RF Pnut butter on a caramel rice cake and it is awesome! Check out the recipe threads - there's a great buffalo chicken tenders recipe that I use a lot!

Nance - ONEderland!!!! :whoo: It will be here in NO TIME!!!

Britt - Of course, we've all slipped off the wagon at one time or another. The important thing is just getting back on that wagon!!!
Let's see - putting yourself first... Plan some time for yourself EVERYDAY!!! Even if it's only 20 min. Plan Plan Plan your menus and your exercise routine times. Don't make plans to fall off - make plans to STAY ON!!! Remember - you're worth it!!!

Krispie - Onederland!!! :whoo: You are doing great!! Keep up the great work! And I'm here for anyone! One hand or two! (I never know when I'll be needing one!) ;)

Katie - Take care and don't overdo!!! By the way, I tried the tilapia with fresh lime juice and it was AWESOME!!! Even the 2 ds loved it!!!

Mama Nicole - :welcome: and you're right about this group! They are a bunch of LOSERS with huge hearts and bodies that are getting smaller by the minute!!! You will not find more support anywhere!

Nance - You HAVE to check in with us!!! We have to know about ONEderland!!! And your pottery!!!

Rebeca - Okay - I'm sorry in advance - You coundn't start your master cleanse because you were feeling "CRAPPY"!?!?! I'm still laughing at the pun!!! That was too Punny!!!

Jamie - You're ahead of the game when you KNOW what you used to do and you're working on not doing it again!!! Now, get rid of the cc cookies (and I don't mean eat them!!!) and get back to POP today!! You can do it girlfriend!!
P.S. - Remember - in the middle of a tornado, all the "stuff" flying around - there's peace in the eye of the storm! So find your peace and let everyone have their "whirl wind"! You are doing great!!!

Alannah - First of all, BEAUTIFUL name!!! Hang in there! You're doing great!

Well - WI yesterday was up .4 but I'm good with that knowing all the canned fruit we mistakenly ate. Church was awesome! (as usual) I got up and tried on an outfit (from my Texas friend) and I put on a knee length jacket (size 26), a 3x knit top, and 3x slacks... Not bad knowing I was in a 4x (size 34) on most everything!!! And I got lots of compliments! Now, you've got to understand that I NEVER wear knit anything because of how it "fits" to you, and I actually took the jacket off! One of my friends told me to "strutt my stuff"! :yikes:

Jenni - Sung to the tune of "happy birthday"

Happy Birthday to you,
with gorgeous eyes of blue,
Your smile steals my heart! :val3:
All us "LOSERS" love you!!! :love:
:woo: :balloons:
Happy Birthday sweetie!! Tomorrow morning, get rid of all the "stuff" and get back on POP!!! :drill:
:grouphug:

Blessings everyone!

green0923 10-23-2006 11:44 AM

Hey there, ladies!

Great to see the chatter. As usual, I am playing catch up in reading posts, but will get there eventually!

Prazteam, wanted to compliment you directly! You and I started at similar points, and I am so proud with how far you have come already! Great job! Keep on trucking -- you can do this!

Great news for me ... WI today puts me at 98.4 lbs down!!! Woo hoo!!! 1.6 more lbs and I'll be posting a new avatar! Yay! It feels good to see the scale moving again.

Today they started with me about lites, and how if I would eat the lites, I could only see a positive result and faster weight loss. I found that a little odd. Nothing against lites, but I have lost so far without them. She then told me if I went on lites, they would move me to Blue. Blue plan = smaller proteins and 1 less vegetable. I was sitting here thinking about how I was so certain that 1 cup of lettuce (7 calories) has caused me a tremendous gain :) hehe When I started asking about calories, they ran around it. "Well, LAWL has never published calories, so I can't tell you what the difference in plans is. But I imagine it would be very similar (Blue with lites, Red with no lites)."

I told them I would just keep going the way I am for now, but that if I hit a plateau that I can't seem to get over, then I may try the lites. We'll see.

Congratulations to everyone who is losing and doing so well!!!!

I'll try to catch up and post some personals later.

Joni135 10-23-2006 12:15 PM

Erin - congrats - you are doing great! As much as I love the lites, there is no magic potion in them, and when I finish with those that I have bought, I'm going to switch to an all food plan. My COD swears it's the soy that is in them that helps you lose weight. Guess what? Soy is not even one of the first five ingredients on the box, so I truly question that logic! (ingredients on a Lite bar are corn syrup, coating (sugar, oil), cocoa, alkalized cocoa popwder, whey powder, soy lecithin.....)

Pearl - When I look at what you've lost already (33 lbs in ?? weeks), that is amazing. Your tiny gain will be gone in no time. As always, I am thrilled you are part of this group. How is DH doing on the program?

meagain716 10-23-2006 01:01 PM

Erin...WOW, you are SO close to 100lbs! That's amazing!!! I'd love to see before and after pictures if you have any.

2bfit06 10-23-2006 02:13 PM

Erin, Way to Go!!:carrot: You are doing an awesome job and to have done it strictly with food is great. I only use the lites because I sometimes get a sweet tooth! But you keep up the good work!

Pearl, that is great that you are in smaller clothes and I bet you were just radiant! As you personality already is.

Welcome Mama Nicole, you are going to love this wonderful group of Chicks! They rock!

To everyone else, Keep up the great work. As long as we are consistent in our efforts to make good choices we will get to our goals.

I am home sick from work today. I feel like I had been kind of backed into by a truck or something. So I left at noon.

Baja, Enjoy your trip home and we will miss you. I am looking forward to hearing all about your trip and you letting us all know you made it to wonderland.:D
Take care everyone!

Ulanda

MickeySue 10-23-2006 02:46 PM

Nicole - Hi there! Welcome! My in-laws, or should I say outlaws live in St. Louis. My DH was born and raised there, and we both have tons of immediate family in Franklin Co.....Union, Washington, St. Clair etc.

I live in Jefferson City....about 2 1/2 hrs. away.

It's nice to say howdy to a Missourian!

Ulanda - sorry to hear you are not doing so well...take an extra day off work and curl up with a good book! Sip on a LAWL Hot Cocoa and enjoy your self.

Erin: Hot diggity dog! You are flat losing...that's a whole person....How fantastic you must feel! Keep it up and don't worry about those lites, you don't need them.

Pearl: I love my new jeans....I actually look skinnier in clothes that fit instead of baggy ones so I have been prancing around all weekend in front of my DH...:) I bet yours is drooling over you too! It is such a great feeling to feel like you can achieve just because your hiny wiggles bec. you want it to, not bec. it has to!

KrispieD 10-23-2006 03:14 PM

Hi All
Quick hello while the girls are napping. Okay one is napping and the other is yapping LOL
Sticking to my plan at the Greek place paid off as I was down .6 today. So I am now 6 pounds away from Onderland..had set that as a goal by Halloween but might be pushing it a bit so we'll go for November instead. Hope you are all doing super, had good weekends and that those of you that ate brownies enjoyed em'!

I'm off to Pilates tonight, some of the things this woman makes us do.. OUCH so will catch you all tomorrow.

Be strict, be strong and get lean!

Kristen

geraldine1970 10-23-2006 04:11 PM

:cb: Pearl- that is so awesome, so did you strutt your stuff? ;) ;)
Erin- congratulations, thanks for the infor about the lites. You too Joni.
KrispieD- you go girl :D :D

For me I sqeaked in :carrot: :carrot: I am down 1.2 lbs since Friday :dancer: Yipeeee!!!

2bfit06 10-23-2006 04:35 PM

MickeySue, Thank you for caring. I am actually feeling a little better and I will be returning to work tomorrow. I have to finish up the pupil accounting forms and get them submitted before Monday. I will also be taking a half day off on Thursday because my DD is out of school.

I feel excited because I am actually getting closer to being able to purchase my cute outfit. If I can get down 7 more lbs that will put me at 15 and that is my go ahead to purchase it. I will be almost half way there.

What type of special are you ladies center's offering right now?

dolphn545 10-23-2006 05:04 PM

Hey Everybody! :wave:

Well, I am officially back on the train. I will do the TO tomorrow (Tues & Wed). I have already changed my ticker. :eek: :eek: So much for me thinking of maintaining! I have gained over the past six weeks, but not ALL of it back.

So, Here's to a FRESH start!! :)

Congrats to all the losers! Welcome to any newbies!!

You will be seeing more of me around here again!

dolphn545 10-23-2006 05:08 PM

BTW - I told them NO LITES, so they bumped me to Purple w/no lites. (In case you're interested) ...

hkychik 10-23-2006 05:23 PM

Whew! Y'all talk ALOT!!!

Wow! I am sooo far behind! 200+ posts. I am a horrible support person these days! I am really hoping that things will slow down enough soon, so that I can get back to chatting with you losers;) .

Those of you that are participating in the ornament exchange, please check your PMs. I finally got all the matches made and sent out. This is going to be soooo much fun!

Somehow the scale is still falling... not sure how, but if I discover the secret, I'll be bottling it...