Old 01-22-2007, 10:05 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Fell Off...

I haven't been to my COD in a little over a week and I've been eating whatever I want. Part of it was because I was working 10am-6pm and my COD is open 9-7. With dropping my lil one off at daycare and picking her up I couldn't make it there. I found out on Wed that I was deploying to Iraq. Then this morning the deployment got recinded and I don't have to go. My husband is in Iraq now and will be till about August (hopefully no longer) and when I am stressed I turn to food. I've tried all the suggestions of having only healthy foods available to snack on..but it doesn't seem to work..I just get in the car and drive to McDonalds or something. I have no will power, I think thats what it comes down to. Is my self esteem so low that I can't stick to a plan?? I paid a lot of money and now I'm gaining weight??! Working out is not my problem either. I like to do step and cardio kick boxing classes or just get on the eliptical when I can, which is 3-4 times a week. I dunno, I'm really not looking for 'poor you' or anything. Just need to get a little off my chest I guess. I thought you guys might understand.
tekylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #2  
FBD/8-18-08

Tekylla,
First, let me thank you AND your husband for your service to our country! You have my deepest gratitude and admiration!
Next, let me tell you that all of us here can understand and appreciate what you're feeling because all of us have been there! I think your honesty is refreshing and will help others that are at that same point today!
What about finding a way to reward yourself for each POP day? I know Joni is giving herself a lottery ticket. What floats your boat? A dollar/day toward a new ring? Maybe a dollar a day toward a special evening with your dh when he gets home? Something spectacular with a new dress that will blow his mind?!?
Come on girlfriend... there has to be something!
Why did you pay the money in the first place? Who are you doing this for? Because you ARE worth the money it takes to get to your goal. You deserve to be the healthiest you that you can be. Your dh deserves you in the healthiest form you can be! Get back to whatever made you sign up on that plan and find your motivation there!
Also - as far as self esteem... Yes, most women have a low self esteem. They haven't been cherished enough in their past to realize their value, to realize that they are beautifully and wonderfully made. So Tekylla, every bite you put in your mouth is either taking you in the right direction or a detour. It's your choice whether to eat a french fry or a celery stick. Which one do YOU think you're worth?!?
You are a beautiful woman! (I can see that in your avatar!) Go look in the mirror and figure out what YOU SEE! Do you see a beautiful woman looking back? What color are the little flecks in your eyes? What color is reflected in the highlights of your hair? When you dh sees his reflection in your eyes, how does it move him?!?
Now, look at your inside! What kind of person are you? Because your outer man is a direct reflection of your inner man. You can be the most beautiful woman in the world but if you inside is filled with trash, you can't hide it!

With all that said sweetie, what's really holding you up? How bad do you want that next pound? Do you want that fast food more? It's all up to you. YOU decide...

I know you're worth whatever it takes to achieve your goal! I know you deserve to achieve that goal.
Now do it! Don't wallow in yesterday. Don't look forward to tomorrow except to plan your meals. Just be in control this moment. This day. This calorie. This bite of food. You can do it!!!
Hugs,
I care.
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:32 AM   #3  
Joined LAWL 12/06

S/C/G: 180/169/150

Height: 5'7"

Default You can do this

Hi,
You have to get yourself in the frame of mind that you are important and you deserve this for yourself. I am a stress eater also. I used to go to the pantry anytime I felt bad, bored, lonely angry you name it. I have mentaly talked myself into NOT doing that. I have made myself a priority and my family has been very supportive. It is hard at times, I go to parties or out with friends and I have just decided if I want to be thinner their are sacrifices I have to make. I have decided I AM WORTH IT and SO ARE YOU! I am a slow looser which is discouraging but if I don't stick to the plan I will not go down at all and slow and steady wins the race. I joined LAWL in december and have lost eleven pounds. I joined because I wanted to get control of my emotional eating before my husband leaves in Feb. for his 1 year Korea remote. You can do this use positive self talk and push those negative thoughts out of your mind.
Hugs
Maybe Pearl can chime in with some advice
KelliNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #4  
Joined LAWL 12/06

S/C/G: 180/169/150

Height: 5'7"

Pearl and I must have been writting at the same time
KelliNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5

I fall off alot and this is what I try to do... Why are you losing this weight? ("because I have to" is not a good example).. Do you want to fit into something you have not in a while? Would you like your hubby's eyes to pop out of his head when he comes home safely in August? Whichever goal it is, you need to be on the diet to achieve it. Just think of how amazing you will feel when you walk into your COD one day and see your goal weight on the scale.

You can do this sweetie!

Also, think of it this way. Every week you don't go to COD is a waste of money :/ Go into your COD, sometimes that also helps for the focus.

Good luck
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #6  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Pearl, your answer made me get all teary-eyed.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #7  
FBD/8-18-08

Megan - Awwwwwww you're sooooo sweet!!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote