3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends July, 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/88259-lawl-losers-friends-july-2006-a.html)

LadyIzzy 07-02-2006 12:57 AM

LAWL Losers and Friends July, 2006

Yea to the new month.

Tomkyn 07-02-2006 07:21 AM

Good morning and Happy July everyone. As of this week I've been on LAWL for a month, I'm down 11 lbs for it.

My week challenge didn't go so well. I ended up going with my BF to his home city on friday and we stayed until saturday night. He's still there but I had to work sunday morning. (It's 6:18 am and I've been at work for 18 minutes, all 18 of which I've spent catching up on the boards here. yay!) We ended up going out to eat with his friends several times and it was very hard to find something I could eat. Eating out is hard, hard, hard. When the BF and I go out, we usually go somewhere where I can get fish or seafood of some kind. Talking a group of people who don't really know me into going where I want to go was not happening. I made the best choices possible, but they weren't perfect. Oh well, back in the game today.

It's also TOM, so I feel enormous and bloated.

But my mood is high so that's always a plus. It makes it easier when you're not feeling blue. I hope everyone is having a very good holiday weekend, and good luck plowing through all the pot lucks and buffets that people set out to tempt you with. Everyone is going to be wonderful, I just know it.

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-02-2006 09:43 AM

Hi ya chickies -

Wow Winkie - 4 lbs?? !!!! Did you do limited or unlimited?? that is such an awesome loss - I'm actually thinking of doing TO again mabe during 2 days that I don't train so I don't get too drained.......

Sherry - that was very nice of your landlord to do the week free for July since everything is not quite ready and in tip top shape!!!! Way to go losing that 2.2 especially with all the stress of moving and closing!!!

Lisa - sounds like you had a great treat to Taste of Chicago - doesn't sound like you did too much if any damage.

Psycgirl - way to go on the donut licking NSV - that is great...that is kind of one of those life changing moments when you know things have changed......
I totally understand about the southern grub - it is hard to resist sometimes, but luckily most of my family is now doing more potluck type stuff than cooking it all - that way you can bring something POP!!!!!

Sommer - I'm so with you about the bad eating yesterday and the TOM coming - I feel yuck and bloated - maybe that is why yesterday just started me out all wron - I'm still not feeling good this morning - don't know if it is the normal stomach problems or TOM or the junk I ate yesterday......

okay, well girls - I will admit - I did absolutely horrible totally POOP yesterday - I didn't really plan on it - but it happened. First I ended up having a ham biscuit and FF for late brunch b/c I was starving - then went to a b-day pool party - and I had one hot dog - which wasn't too bad, but I kept snacking of the birthday cake.....by the afternoon - I felt yucky and just totally gross from consuming too much cake - needless to say - I didn't even eat dinner. Of course, my day didn't start too well - I was on-call for work and got woke up at the crack of dawn by a customer - YUCK!!! So from there My whole day went sour....I was tired all day and just didn't feel well....but today is a new day and I'm going to do so much better!!!!

Tomkyn 07-02-2006 10:10 AM

I'm with you Heather, today is going to be better because I can't see how it could be worse than yesterday! And you know what? I felt just terrible this morning. I could actually feel all the crap inside and it made me feel sick to my stomach. I haven't felt sick off of food since I stopped being a hardcore vegetarian and transitioned meat back into my life.

But you know what I noticed? Yesterday at a friend's house we were sitting around watching a movie and someone had brought soft batch chocolate chip cookies. I decided to have one, it was hard to watch everyone scarfing them down and me having to keep saying, "No thank you". So I ate my one, very, very slowly. One lovely bite at a time. And it tasted so excellent. I really "enjoyed" that cookie, down to the last bite. I didn't realize that foods could taste so good after being "not that special" for so long.

I'm not going to have any more cookies, but when I do start to integrate foods back into my life that right now I'm saying no to, I'm going to spend the time to really enjoy them on the few occasions they come up.

Debbie24 07-02-2006 11:47 AM

Sommer is that a new pic on your avatar? I'm new here but i thought i saw a different pic before?

Hello everyone! Yesterday was also bad for me i think the TOM is coming on because i had the urge to eat all day yesterday. I managed not to have too many bad things during the day, i think i just had 2 tootsie rolls & 2 hershey kisses but we planned taco bell for dinner and i had a burrito and some nachos and it was sooo good. I definately know what you mean about savoring food. I love caramel lites, its the only 1 i eat and i savor it. I'm not kidding it takes me like 10 mins to eat 1 bar. I do that when i'm having rice also, i sit there and take my time and take little bits and savor every last bit. I ate rice so much before LAWL. Come to think about it i do this with most of my food except for like chicken which i have all the time. If i eat something really quick i dont really enjoy it especially if its something i know i wont have again for a while. I know you gals know what i mean. My hubby decided he wants to start eating healthy too so we went grocery shopping yesterday for all healthy foods. I'm so glad, now i can just cook dinner once instead of twice.

Hope everyone is having a POP day.

Tomkyn 07-02-2006 12:04 PM

Yeah it's a new avatar, I started using it last week.

Ninacali 07-02-2006 04:28 PM

I'm hoping July isn't "blow it" month for all us chickies! I just finished eating half a Twix, yesterday was a handful of chips. Not all that bad but still not good. My scale shows I'm down another pound so the motivation is there but I have to watch my thoughts or they'll linger off on not wanting to eat any food. No big plans for the 4th, small BBQ at the in-laws and I think I'll save my fruit for the evening.
My mom finally received her plan and yesterday was her first day. She called me this morning and said she couldn't believe I hadn't gone off plan 'cause she was starving.....lol When I first joined I really didn't think I would lose as quickly as I have. I was thinking a mini goal to lose 10 pounds by end of July wasn't feasible but I only need 3 more pounds!
Sending good vibes for everyone to be POP!

ChristineS 07-02-2006 06:55 PM

Oh, I blewe it yesterday. It was my mom's and my annual joint B-Day/4th of July party and I ate three big pieces of cake. Buttercream frosting, not that whipped stuff that tastes like air. I was surprised to be only .6 up this morning. I'm trying to be good today, but the leftover cake is calling my name. I can't throw it away because I promised the kids they could have another piece tonight. We also had smoked sausages with five different mustards. All the salt didn't help me, I'm sure.

Four pounds to goal and I sabotoge myself.

Anyway, as Scarlet says, "Tomorrow is another day..." Most of my company will be gone by tomorrow, so we can be more normal.

I'm trying for POP from now until my WI on Wednesday.

juliemarie 07-02-2006 08:01 PM

Hey ladies-

Feeling on top of the world today-this weekend may be the first time I'll lose weight from Friday to Monday in eons. :goodscale: I haven't been POP-but pretty darn close. Cartwheels may be in order tomorrow . . . :dancer: :dance:

NSV-went shopping yesterday and bought (drumroll please!) size 18 jeans. SIZE 18!!!! Unbelievable-I was practically giggling in the dressing room. And a couple of the tops I got were 14/16. It's hard to believe a year ago a couldn't wear anything at Lane Bryant cuz I couldn't fit into a size 28. I used to think I'd be totally happy to be a size 18. No more . . . It's cool to be discerning about clothes and not just buying something because it fits. I don't want anything in my closet unless I feel fabulous in it. :queen:

So-I had a party to go to last nite (which is why I went shopping) and i picked up a sleeveless black top that really showcased my waist and my "girls". Now-you guys don't know this-but I haven't worn a sleeveless anything in public for probably 15 years or so. But I did last nite-and even with my flabby triceps-I looked pretty great! Got lots of compliments. Felt awesome. A friend took some pics-I'll have to share if she sends them to me. :D

Okay-need to catch up on some of the other posts . . .

Ninacali 07-02-2006 08:32 PM

Juliemarie- WOW congrats on the smaller sizes!!! Woo-hooo!! Getting smaller size clothing is so rewarding. That was my main reason to want to lose the weight. A couple of months ago I had to buy some "returning back to work clothes" and they were a teeny bit tight and knew I couldn't gain anymore weight since I couldn't afford it...'course I still don't have funds for smaller clothes but at least loose clothes are better than ripped seams!

winkie03 07-02-2006 08:52 PM

hello everyone. just wanted to say a quick hello!! it's so frickin hot here in san diego!! sorry I don't have to much to say, but I can't stay on the computer long. i'm finding it very hard to stay in one place for too long, too hot and humid.

Heather: I did "limited" TO.

Congrats to all that have been POP and here's to a Happy 4th of July and to all that have lost some weight. Keep it up girls!!

Take care!!

Debbie24 07-02-2006 11:11 PM

Sommer you look great, You dont look anywhere near 284.2 in that pic. I dont really take pics but i'll have to so i can post some soon.

Juliemarie i totally know what you mean about giggling in the dressing room. I couldnt believe it when i tried on smaller clothes. Its hard to see the weightloss on yourself (for me anyway) so trying on new & smaller things makes me feel like i've accomplished so much. I honestly still see myself as big as i was. Ok i do notice i'm smaller sometimes but not always. Its still in my head, i just got to get used to being this small. I havent been this weight in probably 9 years so it will definately take some time for me to get used to it. I know some of you know what i mean. anyway you guys have a good night and takecare

:dust: on everyone to stay POP tomorrow

Tomkyn 07-03-2006 07:20 AM

Debbie- Thanks, I think that I wear my weight well, if that's possible. No one area looks any larger than the next, if that makes any sense. But it's a burden on my body and I hate feeling like I can't climb a flight of stairs or go do anything that requires lots of physical activity because my body won't keep up. I've not always been like this, it feels like the weight just kind of appeared overnight, though I know it didn't.

Good morning everyone. Another bright and humid 6:04am here in Omaha, NE. I normally work at 7am on mondays, but I'm covering for my boss this morning who took a long weekend. At least I get to leave at 2:30. Then I can go home and finish my Astronomy homework, eat dinner and rush to my Women's Studies class until 8pm. Yes, such is the life of a 27 year old college student.

I'm holding between 1-3 lbs of waterweight thanks to TOM. I can't wait till that's over. I'm going to start drinking lots of hot lemon water starting today after work so that when it's all over maybe I'll have shed most of the water.

I hope everyone isn't struggling too hard with staying POP on this holiday weekend.

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-03-2006 08:37 AM

Hiya Chickies!!!

Good morning!! This is your bright and early East Coast wake up call from your one and only purple :flow1:!!!! oh, things have been really hot here the past few days!!

Well, I did pretty good yesterday with the eating - I couldn't even think about feeling sick like I did on Saturday - OMG - I will never do that to myself again. I truly think part of it was strictly TOM coming and haunting me - I haven't and will not get on the scales until this weekend. I go to my PT today and Wednesday - so that will help alot I'm sure!!! I really need to do TO - I might plan on that maybe next week - so if anyone wants to join me next Mon and Tues - here is your chance?? come on out TO buddies!!!

JULIEMARIE - http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0002.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0005.gifhttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0044.gif
You go girl and be so proud - isn't it amazing how at one stage you think you will be happy be something and then - you know you achieve even more - I know you are flying high - be proud girly!!! Some more KUDOS for you - losing weight over the weekend - how totally awesome!!! whooo hooo....

Sommer - I totally agree with Debbie - you do not look 284 in the pic at all, but I love the new pic - like pyscgirl said - so "sunkissed"

Sommer, Christine, NINa, Debbie - Today , this week is a new week - although we have the holiday of tomorrow - we can get through it!!!

Winkie :wave:!!!

tanner'smom 07-03-2006 09:14 AM

juliemarie-that is awesome on your size 18. Before you know it you will be so small you won't even be able to shop in Lane Bryant. Isn't it fun to shop for new clothes?

I'm glad to hear everyone else had a hard weekend. We went camping and I was not good. I will be drinking lots of water and really sticking to the program until my WI on Wednesday. I hope everyone has a great day.

Tomkyn 07-03-2006 09:33 AM

Thank you HeatherPurpleSunshineGirl :-)

I find it interesting that the holiday weekend was so hard for all of us. I'm conflicted in what I feel..I know we are suppose to be good and stick to our diets, but holidays and our birthdays or anniversaries only come once a year, it seems strange to deny ourselves celebration and instead agonize over what we want but cannot have. I think we should vow not to beat ourselves up if we have one scoop of pasta salad at a cookout tomorrow, or a small slice of birthday cake at our own birthdays. It is never an all or nothing deal. That's not an excuse to shovel anything we want in, but I'm vowing not to berate myself and get angry at myself when things don't work out perfectly. There's enough negativity in the world, I'm not going to do it to myself too.

Have good holidays girls. If you cheat, cheat small and don't hate yourself for it. Tomorrow is a new day, and so is wednesday and you're just as beautiful and smart and kind as you were the day before you cheated. It's not the end, just a new jumping off point!

MetalChic 07-03-2006 09:56 AM

:dust:

Happy 4th of July All!

Honeymoon Pics

Check out the honeymoon pics! I'll have the ceremony and reception ready for you all soon. I haven't gotten all of the reception pictures from the photographer yet.

:dust:

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-03-2006 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkyn
Thank you HeatherPurpleSunshineGirl :-)

I find it interesting that the holiday weekend was so hard for all of us. I'm conflicted in what I feel..I know we are suppose to be good and stick to our diets, but holidays and our birthdays or anniversaries only come once a year, it seems strange to deny ourselves celebration and instead agonize over what we want but cannot have. I think we should vow not to beat ourselves up if we have one scoop of pasta salad at a cookout tomorrow, or a small slice of birthday cake at our own birthdays. It is never an all or nothing deal. That's not an excuse to shovel anything we want in, but I'm vowing not to berate myself and get angry at myself when things don't work out perfectly. There's enough negativity in the world, I'm not going to do it to myself too.

Have good holidays girls. If you cheat, cheat small and don't hate yourself for it. Tomorrow is a new day, and so is wednesday and you're just as beautiful and smart and kind as you were the day before you cheated. It's not the end, just a new jumping off point!

I totally agree with this so so important to remember life's events don't disappear just cause we are changing our "lifestyle" - the only reason I beat myself up for Saturday is because - I didn't just have a cheat and be okay - for some reason I kept going back to that cake over and over again - and although I probably stayed within my calorie limit for that day (b/c I didn't eat dinner).....my body just felt miserable - it knew what I did and was giving me major feedback that it didn't like it!!! I totally agree though that you have to live life - if you decide to have it - have it in moderation (which I didn't do on saturday with the cake) - have a piece and move on - do some extra crunches - walk/run for 30 minutes - get some exercise in - as soon as I did eat some more of that cake - I immediately got in the pool and started running and doing jumping jacks to try to get my metabolism going a little to help work it through the system instead of stopping at my hips !!!

Tomorrow will be easier for me b/c I'm cooking - I've already bought my "light" meat - and my DH is cooking - so I can ask for anything special that I want - I will concentrate on drinking only my light version of fuzzy navels and swimming swimming swimming - and of course, chasing around my 2 year old!!!

I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful 4th and be safe and happy !!!

green0923 07-03-2006 10:04 AM

Good morning, and welcome to July, ladies!

Juliemarie, CONGRATULATIONS on the 18s and 14/16s!!!!! I can TOTALLY relate to the sleeveless thing. I haven't worn sleeveless in about as long as you have. Always so self-conscious -- even when I really didn't need to be. You are such an inspiration to me!! And if your friend shares those pics, be sure to let us see!! I'm sure you look amazing!

Sommer, I understand the challenge of holidays. So far, I have done pretty well. I skipped cake and ice cream on my DD's birthday, and had 1/2 cup of CalSmart yogurt instead. I pass up the cake and treats each week at work. If we cater breakfast, I eat the fruit, not the pastries. I am looking at it differently. I don't feel like I'm denying myself, I feel like I'm making a better choice. I'm fortunate, in that my workgroup knows I am dieting, and I am not the only one. So they typically don't pressure me, and actually congratulate me on my will power. And often my admin will buy sugarfree candy or something similar so that I have options. I know it's tough, and I know that a time will come when I splurge on a piece or cake or cookie or something. But for each day that passes that I don't splurge, I tell myself I am getting that much closer to goal.

HeatherPP, back on the wagon today! :) Don't worry about your POOP weekend, you will have a fabulous week!

Debbie, having DH on plan will be so helpful! My DH isn't OP. In fact, he eats really poorly most of the time. The good thing, though, is that I don't make his meals. If he eats what I eat, he gets dinner cooked. If he doesn't, he has to do it himself. When I get to my last 30 lbs, he wants to join plan with me. We'll see. He really doesn't need to lose more than 20 lbs (if that), but I will certainly enjoy the weight loss company, and be faced with much less temptation without his snacks and bad foods in the house.

Tricia, I remember when I first started plan. I was STARVING for the first few days. But I know why. Until you really learn how to break your portions up, at least for me, I was so afraid of being starving all evening and having nothing left for dinner that I ate hardly anything all day! So, after a few days and figuring out how to break my portions up, it got MUCH easier. I'm sure your mom will do great -- at least she now has an appreciation for how hard you have been working! You will DEFINITELY see those 10 lbs by the end of July if you keep up the great work!

Christine, good luck at WI on Wednesday! I'm sure you will do great between now and then, once your company is gone.

Evette, congrats again on the 4 lbs! Try to stay cool!

Kristi, how's it going?

As for me, we've been busy this weekend. My scale is always a couple of pounds lower than COD scale, but I saw 239.4 yesterday morning, so I can't WAIT to WI this week!

Have POP days, ladies!

juliemarie 07-03-2006 10:12 AM

Thanks ladies! I didn't end up losing over the weekend after all-stayed exactly the same-although I do need to do something that would probably help the weight loss. Nuff said;) However-at least I won't be trying to undo damage like I do after most weekends!

Tomkyn-I know what you mean about the holiday thing-however-as the summer goes on you'll see that there are so many special occasions and holidays, etc. Now-the way you see it and want to handle it is great-but some folks end up having "special occasions" every week. Which, of course, ends up being a problem. I think that defining what a special occasion is for yourself and then planning ahead for the event is the way to go.

so I agree that that it isn't "all or nothing" and that small cheats are perfectly acceptable and you shouldn't beat yourself up afterwards. But we all need to be honest with ourselves about when we "deserve" these treats. What's reasonable? Once a month?

Isn't it funny how we think we "deserve" a slice of cake or something instead of thinking that we deserve to treat our body good and deserve watermelon or something like that? I do it all the time-"I exercised so I deserve a treat". It sounds silly now-but seems so right at the moment. Why don't I ever deserve to sit and journal and read the bible or something. I really need to change my thinking on what a treat is. Maybe I'll make a list of free/cheap treats-like a pedicure, going to the rose gardens at Peninsula Park, wandering around Powell's bookstore, sitting in the steam room at the gym, the hot tub, etc . . .

Sorry for getting off on a tangent-back to the holiday plans. Remember to ENJOY your friends and family. Situate yourself away from the food. Don't go back for seconds. Consider fruit/jello/coolwhip for a dessert. Limit the alcohol. Get lots of sleep. Enjoy, be healthy and have no regrets!

juliemarie 07-03-2006 10:15 AM

Erin sweetie-You've got it backwards . . . You're the inspiration to me! You're weight loss since January is unbelievable! You're a rockstar!

Debbie24 07-03-2006 10:32 AM

Sommer i understand, i'm proportioned also so i also carry my weight well and i had that too where it was getting harder to do things and my kids are so young and active and i have to be able to keep up with them. Before i couldnt run because i would get out of breath and now i am able to run after my 2 1/2 year old a little better. It helps because he takes off. The 9mo old is getting there also so i had to do something and i had to start eating healthier. I lost weight when i was pregnant with both because i was eating better and i needed to continue that.

Erin my hubby probably only needs to lose about 15lbs and he eats very poorly also. I always told my DH that i wont lose weight until I was ready and in 8 years he never pushed me even though he was alot smaller than i was. So i believe you cant make someone do it until they are ready and as soon as he mentioned eating healthier i jumped on it and went out and bought lots of veggies & fruits. I cant really not cook for him because he does not know how to cook and he will starve or eat fast food everyday and i dont want that. He loves sweets and cookies & pastries and all the bad things and our house is filled with this stuff so it takes alot of will power for me to stay away from these things. I am also a bad infulence in that i just started cake deco and he gets stuck eating my cakes because i dont. I recently stopped making for home though, if i make any i send it off with him to work and he has 1 piece there so its out of the house and out of my sight. So yesterday was our 1st day where he ate "diet" food and it went pretty good. He needed some more salt but that was it.

juliemarie 07-03-2006 10:40 AM

Heather- I totally have this crazy image of you eating a bite of cake and then jumping in the pool and running around like a madwoman! Too funny! I'm sure the slipup won't hurt your weightloss with all the exercise you've been doing-but feeling crummy because of it is no fun. Before I started this diet it didn't understand when people talked about empty calories. I mean-I didl, but I didn't, you know? Good food makes you feel good and sugar and fat and processed crap makes you feel like crap. It's nice to really get those connections-even though sometimes I still want the crap regardless of the effects. ;)

Tomkyn 07-03-2006 10:43 AM

Juliemarie- I agree..those "special occasions" can't be all the time. We have to make better choices. Eat a little before we go to parties. Plan ahead to bring chicken to throw on the grill at a BBQ instead of eating hotdogs and hamburgers. I wanted to put forth a more positive attitude about when we do cheat on special occasions, even if we cheat very moderately. We'll be okay...but we should be prepared to take responsability for it.

Anyway, I'm glad everyone sounds like they are having a wonderful time! I'm debating whether to go meet my BF in his hometown tonight or tomorrow. I'm thinking it's the difference between sleeping in my own bed or on someone's couch. Hmm!

brittyboo07 07-03-2006 10:46 AM

hey chicks...long time no see! I have been away for far to long. Its been a long few months. On my end I have gained. Pure and simple veggies and fruits have not played a big part of my eating over the past weeks/months and neither has water. So i have been totally off plan. Trying to get back on as of today. Havent been to the center in a while either but im going today even thought i now weight my highest ever on the scale this morning at 271.2 (drinking a LA Slimdown right now so that means ill weight more when i go to WI lol) So im about 5 lbs more than when i started the program. Last week was a wake up call for me i was in such a bad mood all week and i didnt feel good. I dont mean sick either. I mean i just felt liike a big blob. Probably because i am lol. It was also PMS as TOM has arrived.

I was thinking about doing the what was it 12 week challenge? I want to lose before i start back to school at the end of august as I will be busy this semester and dont need any extra weight on me thats for sure. So if anyone wants to join me in:
A) getting back on the program and back on track!
B) end the summer right!
lets do it!!!

Glad to see that most of you are doing so well. As you can imagine i am really far behind on reading up on everyone so I just jumped back in with July. Talk to you soon...

juliemarie 07-03-2006 10:47 AM

Sommer- I understand what you mean-if we go off-plan and get all negative about it-it turns into a snowball effect that's hard to get out of. You've got a great attitude about things!

Being a single gal around here-i vote for seeing the BF . . . .gotta live vicariously ya know!

CandlePrincess 07-03-2006 11:04 AM

Happy July!

Welcome back Brittyboo! Glad to see you again!

Today is the a new beginning for me! I got up and drank my slim fast...and planning on stay POP today. I've decided to take it a meal at a time. I was planning lunch today for the kids and myself and realize I cannot avoid it any longer I must go to the grocery store tonight....yuck!

So let's head into this July and really make it work for us...ONE MEAL AT A TIME!

By the way...I am calling about belly dancing lessons today. It's taken me a bit to get up the courage to call...but my DH seems to think it would be a good idea for me to get out of the house without kids for a few hours a week...so I am calling.

Here's to a POP day chickies!:cheers:

PinkHibiscus 07-03-2006 12:12 PM

Good morning chickies!

Well my birthday was un-freakin-believable!! it was so much fun! And guess what? I had 3 drinks all night! I was pretty much sober while all my friends were drunk! haha! It was fantastic! We couldnt have asked for a better bus driver either, he put up w/ all of us crazy drunk 20-somethings. Never said a word, just smiled and laughed.

Well, add me to the 'totally off plan this weekend' club. I mean, aside from the 3 drinks, I didnt get all my food in, then I had some strawberry shortcake for my birthday (small amount, besides it was my bday! still, the guilt was overwhelming), a couple bites of chinese food (better then a plate right?), and some mac salad when I already had my staches! But then what to my wondering eyes should appear?? TOM. U know what girls? I really dont like TOM at all. I wish TOM would get lost. haha ;) I mean, I am ok w/ TOM so long as I get to have kids someday, btu after I have kids, I want TOM to get out of my life. haha!

U know I call the evil crimson wave TOM now to my boyfriend? He was confused...like, "Toms here? Who the **** is Tom?" hahaha I love it! When I told him what it meant, he laughed.

So today is a new day and good time to start anew! GOOD LUCK TODAY LADIES!!!

stiesta 07-03-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliemarie
Thanks ladies! I didn't end up losing over the weekend after all-stayed exactly the same-although I do need to do something that would probably help the weight loss. Nuff said;) However-at least I won't be trying to undo damage like I do after most weekends!

Tomkyn-I know what you mean about the holiday thing-however-as the summer goes on you'll see that there are so many special occasions and holidays, etc. Now-the way you see it and want to handle it is great-but some folks end up having "special occasions" every week. Which, of course, ends up being a problem. I think that defining what a special occasion is for yourself and then planning ahead for the event is the way to go.

so I agree that that it isn't "all or nothing" and that small cheats are perfectly acceptable and you shouldn't beat yourself up afterwards. But we all need to be honest with ourselves about when we "deserve" these treats. What's reasonable? Once a month?

Isn't it funny how we think we "deserve" a slice of cake or something instead of thinking that we deserve to treat our body good and deserve watermelon or something like that? I do it all the time-"I exercised so I deserve a treat". It sounds silly now-but seems so right at the moment. Why don't I ever deserve to sit and journal and read the bible or something. I really need to change my thinking on what a treat is. Maybe I'll make a list of free/cheap treats-like a pedicure, going to the rose gardens at Peninsula Park, wandering around Powell's bookstore, sitting in the steam room at the gym, the hot tub, etc . . .

Sorry for getting off on a tangent-back to the holiday plans. Remember to ENJOY your friends and family. Situate yourself away from the food. Don't go back for seconds. Consider fruit/jello/coolwhip for a dessert. Limit the alcohol. Get lots of sleep. Enjoy, be healthy and have no regrets!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: There's the girl I know and love! :hug:

Ninacali 07-03-2006 12:35 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows what happens if you hit goal but still want to lose weight? Will lawl have you pay for additional weeks? I have 140 as my goal 'cause I recently saw a pic of the last time I lost a lot of weight and would be happy to be at that weight. (but also knew it would be cheaper) And how many weeks of maintenance did you pay for? My COD was a year of maintenance.
I'm also up on the scale but don't think my mis-haps account for most of the gain....not enough water especially since I had heavier starch's.

Pink- any pics of your tattoo...I got my first one last year for my b-day and have made any others as a goal. Being raised in a conservative home I shocked a few family members (don't know why since my dad has sleeves) and it's really not a big deal, flower on the top of my foot.....lol...always loved tat's and I think the biggest shocker was that I waited till I was 34 & 4 kids later.

stiesta 07-03-2006 12:37 PM

Sadly, and shamefully, add me to the POOP club this weekend. My Monday challenge didn't go as planned, but c'est la vie, right? Today is a new day.

Heading out in a few minutes to get me a new bike. DH talked me into getting a cruiser, but I still think I am probably not cool enough to pull it off. Although any cool factor I do have will probably be diminished somewhat by a baby seat and DD singing away on the back. I am pretty excited. Can't wait.

Here's to a happy 4th -- let's do this, girls!:hug:

Repo girl 07-03-2006 12:51 PM

Morning friends! I too can join the POOP club. Was not terrible, just not totally OP. I have had an insanely busy weekend too. I am taking my grandma to lunch today, so I am getting the kids ready to go. She was so excited when I invited her, I was so glad that I thought of taking her out. I can't imagine what it would be like to be house bound. DH is loaning me a car off of his lot to take her, because she in not able to climb up into my Suburban. Yesterday we went golfing on this awesome course out in the woods. It was so much fun. We always have a lot of fun, not the most serious golfers ever. My little sisters new boyfriend came with. He is a really great guy, just a little more serious than the rest of us. He said that he could hear us laughing all over the golf course. One time Dh's ball hit a tree so hard that it echoed all over the place. We laughed our heads off. After we golfed we had lunch. When we headed out to the car from the restaurant, me and SIL got in a butt kicking contest that pretty much ended in everyone getting kicked at least once. So, all in all, a great weekend. I am not going back to work until Wednesday, so that is also great.

Juliemarie- How exciting. You giggle all you want in the dressing room girl, you are so amazing.

Heather- Sorry you made yourself sick. I know that feeling all too well. This week will be better though, right?

Brittny- The party sounds great, and you did awesome. Glad that it was so fun, and haapy birthday too, BTW.

Erin- Hope your WI is showing you down a few. As always, I am in awe.

Britt- Glad to have to back. Lean on us, girl, you can do this. Make a new list of "I Wants", plan a few non food rewards, and get goin! Stay close, we want to support you!

Sommer- LOL on savoring the cookie. I can totally relate to that one. The lemon water ought to do the trick. Have a good day!

Well, I better get in the shower and get moving. CU you all later!

Debbie24 07-03-2006 12:58 PM

Tricia my original goal was also 140lbs but i changed it to 125lbs when i got to 140. You just buy the amount of weeks it will take you from your original goal weight to your new goal. stablization & maintenance (6 weeks stab & 1 yr main) still stays the same you only have to buy the weight loss weeks and i use my supply of lites that i already have i dont need to buy more yet. (i bought for the entire plan).

Do you gals ever notice when you start eating off plan you have the urge to keep eating unhealthy things? I dont know why but once i give it i cant stop and i feel even more hungry.

Repo girl 07-03-2006 01:22 PM

Karen- Loved the pics. What a cool place and a beautiful couple.

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-03-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliemarie
Heather- I totally have this crazy image of you eating a bite of cake and then jumping in the pool and running around like a madwoman! Too funny! I'm sure the slipup won't hurt your weightloss with all the exercise you've been doing-but feeling crummy because of it is no fun. Before I started this diet it didn't understand when people talked about empty calories. I mean-I didl, but I didn't, you know? Good food makes you feel good and sugar and fat and processed crap makes you feel like crap. It's nice to really get those connections-even though sometimes I still want the crap regardless of the effects. ;)

Girl you have me laughing my butt off over here - yes I was probably looking a little silly to some, but I was bound and determined to work off some of it!!! I have to admit - I've been to several special occasions lately and I have passed up many of things - so I decided to enjoy this one - especially since it was very tasty!!! I'm so with you on the empty calories and how the processed food can make you feel so bad - I felt so yucky I couldn't even eat dinner - I just chalked it up and went to bed!!! AFter you realize how much energy and exercise it takes to burn a measly 150/200 calories - it just isn't worth it anymore!!!

Then I get to my PT session and what does he want to do - weigh and measure - I told him this week wouldn't be good - due to TOM coming - he said he would do it next week - so he still weighed me and did my bodyfat % - and they were both decent - I didn't gain and I lost .1% bodyfat since last week - so I guess that wasn't too bad.....

I appreciate your words - that are very thoughtful and always have great positive meaning - you keep going girl - YOu are doing great too!!!

deetsmom 07-03-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninacali
Pink- any pics of your tattoo...I got my first one last year for my b-day and have made any others as a goal. Being raised in a conservative home I shocked a few family members (don't know why since my dad has sleeves) and it's really not a big deal, flower on the top of my foot.....lol...always loved tat's and I think the biggest shocker was that I waited till I was 34 & 4 kids later.

I just got my third last week, it was my gift for getting to and maintaining my goal and already know what/where I want to get my fourth. My best friend came with me and wanted to get something on her toe and they said they wouldnt tattoo her there since it seems to be more prone to damage there and often fades away on the toe area...did they give you any trouble about the foot area?

bizlawchik 07-03-2006 02:22 PM

Hi Everyone! Trying to catch up - I haven't been on since Friday afternoon.

Sommer - Sounds like you did the best you could w/BF and going out. Sometimes the most we can do is be conscious of our choices. Don't dwell on it too much. Just move on! Also, good advice on the cheat thing. We do have to live. As I was thinking about this, and already worrying about the month of December (DS B-day, X-Mas and Hannukah in my house, plus at least 4 parties), I remembered someone telling me "Christmas is a day, not a month". I am bringing this up so that on weekends like this we can "pick our battles". I went to one BBQ and brough veggie burgers and fruit for myself. I went to a second one yesterday, and I brough veggie kebabs, but still cheated a bit because the food there was something I won't get at any other BBQ.

Heather - Hang in there, sweetie. You can do it! (See my post to Sommer) And congrats on recovering the rest of the weekend.

Debbie - Congrats on converting DH! I know what it's like to play "short order cook" at dinner time.
JM - WTG! I'm a few lbs. away from you, and I can taste the 18s. Also, I like the idea of a few treats. I'm going to make a list now. An hour in a bookstore sans children sounds heavenly! :cheer:

Tricia - I agree with Erin. On this and other plans, I always starved during the day and shoveled it in at night. Not only did this not work for the old metabolism, it was hard to stick with the plan. I follow the portions that my counselor suggested at the beginning. It was difficult at first, but after 3 months, it's second nature.

Erin - You're looking awesome! Keep up the good work.

Britt - Wecome back! We're here for you every step of the way.

HeatherCP - Hang in there - and good luck w/ the belly dancing

Pink - Glad the B-day celebration was awesome!

Happy July to all who I missed!

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-03-2006 02:33 PM

Katie - Wow - that is so sweet of you to get your grandma out and take her to lunch with you guys - She will enjoy that so much - I'm sure - I wish my grandma lived close enough to go visit on a regular basis - I miss her soo much...Hope you guys have a wonderful time - how nice of DH getting the car for g-ma to get into easy!!!

Kristi - Hey chickie - oh my off till the 17th?? oh, I wish that was me - I'm so burnt out right now and I need a break - Headed to the beach for a long weekend on the 14th - so that will be nice!! I need a small break - better than nothing at all!! Didn't really sound like your weekend was much of a cheat, but I'm glad you found the downfall in the drinks - alot of time it can be so hard to find certain triggers......you go girl!!! Good luck at the BBQ - sounds like you have a good plan!!

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-03-2006 02:35 PM

Thanks Biz - yea, I'm definitely back on track. I still feel like I need a TO just to help with some of the latest carb cravings.....I'm planning on limited monday and tuesday next week - Any takers??

Ninacali 07-03-2006 02:43 PM

Purple- I'll take you up on TO next Monday! I was going to at the end of this week but I think after the weekend is a better choice.