3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends July, 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/88259-lawl-losers-friends-july-2006-a.html)

elbasso 07-04-2006 03:21 PM

Happy Independence Day Everyone :) So far, POP today for me. No big parties for us...just taking the kids to see the fireworks and packing some snacks, so I'll save one of my bars for then.

Heather--I'm trying to get the courage up to take belly dancing lessons myself. I've always wanted to. There is one place near here that offers them, but I've just been too chicken to call.

Angie

Bowknot 07-04-2006 03:26 PM

Mostly cardio 30-45 minutes with about 15-20 minutes of resistance training.

MTdebster921 07-04-2006 03:48 PM

Kay- Sometimes your body needs time to adjust and that's when you stall. I hit a 20 lb. loss and didn't lose a thing for almost 4 weeks of being POP. I was starting to get super frustrated. I see you are at the 20 lb. mark too. The next plan down is purple and you lose the 1/2 protein and a starch. You could try it out for a few days and see if it jump starts. Your cheat could also shock your body into losing again just like Kristi said.

Repo girl 07-04-2006 04:13 PM

Happy 4th of July!!!!

bizlawchik 07-04-2006 07:57 PM

Kay - FYI... My COD is moving me to purple plan at 222 and gold at 181

Boo'sMom 07-04-2006 11:30 PM

Hi all--hope everyone had a great 4th. Just got home from the fireworks and everyone is snacking--ugh. I have been POOP for days--my own fault so I won't complain. I've been able to stay caught up with the posts but everyone likes their computer time around here since mom got DSL! Played 18 holes yesterday with everyone (had a BLAST!!)--haven't done that in years!! Then we all went tubing and haven't done that in even more years!! I am sooo sore today--but fun. Anyway--everyone's outside so going to chat with the family--love holidays.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well--and those that are just hanging on, I'm with you. It is so hard at my folks for me to be good--too much good stuff. Oh well, I am not going to stress--I'll do better when I get home.

Tomkyn 07-05-2006 08:30 AM

Well I was pretty good yesterday. I had a little more starch than I should but it wasn't too bad. I went up .2 oz but I've been fluctuating all over this one pound since my TOM started and ended (yesterday). I did have a pretty crappy day yesterday and allowed some indulgance.

Monday night someone, probably drinking, hit my parked car outside my apartment building. they took off my side mirror. My boyfriend rushed home because I was hysterical so his weekend with friends back home was cut alittle short.

Then I decided to make burgers last night and while I was slicing onions I sliced off the fingerprint, layers of skin and some muscle from my right index finger. It bled, I cried. It hurts alot and typing is weird. I can't use a pen so I don't know how I'll do my algebra homework. I'm pretty blue :-( I haven't turned to comfort eating though, thankfully.

I am wearing Spiderman bandages, and that's pretty cool.

winkie03 07-05-2006 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
Alright - Whoo - I'm excited now - 3 TO buddies - I want to be like Winkie and have a loss - any loss is fine - just want a loss of some kind!!! Yes, I'm with you Sommer - TOM will be over - weekend will be over and it will be a good time to clean out the system and get rid of any lasting cravings...

hey winkie - what did you use for limited? juice, oranges, canteloupe?? I thought it was canteloupe but I can't remember......

My PT wants me to follow this very very strict program for like 2 weeks, but I just don't think I can do it - It is the lean up plan I talked about a few weeks ago - is as follows -
Lean up Plan

Breakfast – 2 egg whites and 1 protein shake ** with water plus 1 serving of oatmeal (not instant)

Snack – 1 medium baked potatoe and 1 banana and 1 cup yogurt

Lunch – 1 can of tuna in spring water, ½ cup of rice and ½ cup of broccoli

mid day snack – ½ cup of rice and 1 green apple

Dinner – 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of stringbeans

Evening snack – 1 protein shake **with water….

You must have 1.5 – 2 gallons of water per day drink it first thing in the morning, with each meal or snack and anytime that you’re hungry. I need to see a bottle of water follow you into the gym.

You may substitute a chicken or turkey breast sandwich on wheat with mustard and pepper for your can of tuna at lunch. There is no salt, no sugar, and there are no spices for any reason.

I finally typed it up last week - this is just so strict - he doesn't wanting me making any substitutions at all whatsoever.....

Wow, Heather. That sounds like a really strict regime. I don't know if I could do it. Good luck girl!! I did the TO with the Knudsen Morning Blend juice which I bought at Henry's Market.

bizlawchik 07-05-2006 08:51 AM

Good morning, all! Yesterday was easy since we had no big plans - POP for me, so I'm happy. WI at lunch today, so I'm hoping something good.

Sommer - Bummer of a weekend, girl! Hope your finger gets better soon. Way to go, though, not comfort eating. Congrats on that, at least.

Lea Ann - Sounds like the weekend was fun and you stayed pretty active. Maybe that will counteract any POOP eating. As I'm getting more active, I always think to myself that I never would have been doing "such and such activity" before LAWL. So on the bright side, you have enough energy to keep up with everyone!

Congrats to all those POP, or close yesterday, and to those POOP, well, today is another day to start fresh!

winkie03 07-05-2006 09:02 AM

Good Morning everyone!! I hope all of you had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. As for me, it was great. Family and friends came over to the house for a little barbeque. I have to say that I stayed POP, so I'm proud of myself although the temptations were there. One of my friends brought over some carne asada which we grilled. They piled that meat on to either a corn or flour tortilla and loaded on the sour cream, guacamole, salsa and cheese. Not to mention potato chips, (my major downfall), hamburgers, and hotdots. My will power won and I'm thankful for it. I've maintained the weight I lost from TO four days ago.

I do have another NSV to share. We had a bunch of people over that we hadn't seen for about a year, and boy, let me tell you gals.... the compliments of how small I've gotten were unbelievable. (That's probably why my will power kicked in) All day and night my friends were just asking me what I've been doing, how i've been doing it, etc. Which brings me to my next question for you gals.

I have a guy friend who's about 5'5 and weighs 280 pounds (he wouldn't let me weigh him) what plan should i start him on? Should I just double the portions I'm on? (the gold plan)I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks again chickies!! Talk to you all soon.

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-05-2006 10:17 AM

Good morning my dearest chickies!!!

Yes, to answer all the questions - that plan is hard. I followed it for about 4 days at the beginning of June and lost about 2 lbs in all - it was not any fun!!! He wants me to do it again, but I'm just not so sure - I said - eat the same exact thing for 2 weeks straight? No subs at all?? hmmmmm, not sounding so good to me .......

Wow - sounds like everyone had a good holiday - I had a pool party yesterday and it was lots of fun!! I thoroughly enjoyed myself and for the first time - I wasn't so concious of everybody looking at me that I didn't have fun - I didn't care - I felt good - I've worked my butt off with eating and exercising and I was determined to be proud!!! I didn't eat POP - but I didn't eat a lot - I just wasn't that hungry - probably due to the heat and running around here and there trying to make sure everything got done..... Now today - I'm not feeling great - TOM is right on my heels - I'm hurting pretty bad - supposed to go and train today at lunch - hopefully that will help!!!

Winkie - Girl congrats on the wonderful NSV and all the compliments - that makes things so worth while sometimes just hearing all the praises and wonderful things that people say - You are looking great girl - you deserved every comment you received!!!

BizLA - Sounds like you had a wonderful day - especially considering you stayed OP - Good luck at WI today - I hope those little metal things move to the left!!!!

Sommer - Wow what a bummer of the last few days - So sorry about all the terrible events, the car, the finger - the soreness and TOM - I'm right there with you on that pain though - haven't started officially - but cramping like crazy - here's sending you lots of feel better :goodvibes: - I hope everything gets better soon!!!

Boo - Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday - lots of visiting and even POOP eating - but I'm sure you will get back on track in no time - you always do!!! Wow - all those weekend/holiday events sound like fun - never been tubing, but me and DH are talking about going soo - I would love to go in West Virginia - those waters and mountains are beautiful for white water rafting.....

Katie - Glad you and grandma had a good lunch - sorry that her hip is bothering her - but hopefully the massage and therapy will help get rid of the pain. IT sucks to know that they are hurting and not be able to do anything about it!!!

Okay, I'm outta here for alittle while - maybe hehehehehe - hope everyone gets back on track from the holiday and has a wonderful POP day!!!

Boo'sMom 07-05-2006 10:19 AM

Sommer--so sorry about the blue mood. Hope your finger is feeling better. NSV on not caving in--I am not that strong. Cheer up!

Bizlaw--thanks for the encouragement! I don't know why I step into my mom's house and lose my mind. Going home this weekend--hope the damage isn't too bad. I agree--I have done things this summer I haven't done in too many years to count.

Winkie--awesome job staying POP through your party and maintaining your TO loss! Don't you just love the compliments!! You are doing so great.

We are going to see "The Devil wears Prada" this afternoon and I am NOT getting popcorn. I will pack my own snack and be satisfied. Today will be the first day in many I will actually fix my hair and makeup--too much "lake living" has made me lazy--LOL

Boo'sMom 07-05-2006 10:23 AM

Hey Heather--glad things went so well--and you showed off all your hard work! Our tubing is being pulled behind the boat and my dad likes to see how far he can fling you off!! It was a lot of fun but boy am I sore in places I didn't know were muscles (behind my boobs!!) my whole upper body is sore but it's a good sore, like you did something, so I'll live. I think between the golf, tubing, and jetskis I have burned a few more calories than normal.

Hope everyone has a great day!

winkie03 07-05-2006 10:29 AM

Thanks Heather and Lea Ann. Let me know how you liked "The Devil wears Prada!" I hear it's great!

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-05-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo'sMom
Hey Heather--glad things went so well--and you showed off all your hard work! Our tubing is being pulled behind the boat and my dad likes to see how far he can fling you off!! It was a lot of fun but boy am I sore in places I didn't know were muscles (behind my boobs!!) my whole upper body is sore but it's a good sore, like you did something, so I'll live. I think between the golf, tubing, and jetskis I have burned a few more calories than normal.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Wow - now that sounds like fun - I remember doing that when I was smaller - except ours was with a knee board instead of a tube. I have a few friends at work that have boats and we are planning some knee boarding and tubing with them soon - that will be fun - but yes, I've heard about the soreness!!!