Old 03-09-2006, 09:50 AM   #1  

Default Once you have lost the weight...

Ok ladies, I know many of us are not there yet, but since I am very close, I have a ??

I went from 148 to 134 - goal (per ideal weight at LAWL) is 133. Of course I can tell that I have lost weight, but I really don't feel like it is a lot. I was between a 10 & 12 size before - probably more towards 12, that is why I finally got moving.

I am not concerned about the weight number as much as I want to be a size 8. Why?? Well because I worked this hard, that is what I want I was an 8/10 before I got preg in 2003.

So anyhow, question is, so I get to 133 and can't wear an 8. Will doing weights to tone up more help me achieve this? I know the "textbook" answer should be yes, but I wanted some real life opinions. I think it is mainly my middle section that still needs to shrink.

Anyhow sorry to ask, I know I should be grateful, but after almost 15 lbs, it doesn't really seem like that much. I actually "felt" thinner a few pounds ago then right now. Seem to feel bloated a majority of the time and I am not eating anything different then before.

Thanks!!

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:52 AM   #2  

Any by the way, I am still not there!! Lowest I weigh in center has been 136, so...over 11 weeks on the plan and I lose very very slowly....

Sheila
Old 03-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I understand where you are at. I wanted to be a 2 since I never was one before and I too figured I should be for the same reasons you said. I was never the size I am now either..and while I got into 2's for a few weeks, its not a manageable place at this point..maybe when exercise resumes.

I think if you do some consistent cardio you will see a change, plus, remember, having children changes your body no matter how much weight you lose, its just a fact. Its hard when you see celebrities and such who look the same after birth and you think, I should be able to do that to...sometimes its just not meant to be.

You know, you and I need to enroll in group therapy for body image. Im a smaller size than you and still dont even feel it and struggle daily to keep at my goal weight where its easier for others to get to goal and stay there.

Be proud of where you are and hopefully with exercise it will get better. Ive never seen the result of exercise on my body being this small, I have a feeling once I start again it will be very rewarding. I used to be an avid exerciser, but I was 40 pounds or more heavier and harder to see real changes. The weather is finally changing, Ill be back to my outdoor runs and walks with the stroller very soon and I got that Biggest Loser DVD coming too! Hang in with me!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #4  

I totally agree. I was 145 and a size 8 before and I am still not there now. I can fit some 8's but I am still in some 10/12 too. children do things to our bodies that we just can't figure out and sadly we don't have the multimillion dollar weight trainers (or surgeons) that the stars have.

Definetly toning up your arms and legs will make your size smaller. I am assuming...just from my own body...that you have lost inces, but you don't have defined legs and arms. that part of you body that still jiggles, think about how that will be when it is toned and muscular and all the jiggling is gone. you will definitly be downa size or two. I ahev a friend who is 5'9ish and weighs 155...you would look at here and swear she was 130 because she is muscular. I think she wears about a 6/8.
My butt has always been big, but i carried my pregancy weight in my butt so it is much bigger now. I size 4 would never exist in my life without surgery, but I feel GREAT about loosing almost 40 lbs. and the size on a pair of pants is not going to take my joy away
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #5  

I would say Cardio workouts will help shed the inches faster than toning exercises. I really noticed how it's helped with the inches coming off

good luck - I am a size 6 (down from a 16) and would still like to lose 5 more lbs
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #6  
PurpleSunshine

Sheila - I totally agree with the others. I think exercise - both cardio and toning will help to make you smaller - Sizes are definitely not the biggest picture - it is your health, but I believe if you so some extra toning it will help tremdously. I've only lost 14 lbs, but I've been exercising avidly since the beginning of the year - and I'm down two full sizes just about!!! Good luck and let us know when you get there -
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #7  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Muscle takes up less space than fat, like 1 lb of muscle is smaller than 1lb of fat. And the more muscles you have, the more calories you burn even when you're just sitting around, because muscles need energy to maintain themselves.

So, logically, if you lost more fat and gained more muscle, you might weigh the same or even a bit more but actually be smaller in size. And you could weigh the same as before, but eat more to maintain that weight (I read on a 3fc post that 1 extra pound of muscle burns 500 extra calories a day just in maintaining itself).

So even though I don't have any personal experience with looking toned (yet! ) I can tell you that weight training should help you go down in size. And cardio burns calories too, so it is helpful also.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone. I am sorry if I seem unhappy, I am happy to be close to 133, but I guess I always expected that to be smaller than what it really is for me. I figured 15 lbs would be a bigger difference.

I know the reasoning, but still ticks me that some can weigh 130 and be a size 4 or 6!! I do exercise around 5 hours a week or a little more because of my tennis. I am actually on the blue plan because on Gold I was not losing much after the first 7-8 lbs. It is just really slooooow!!

Of course I am still happy to wear a 10, but of course it seems once we get on this ride we want more and more right?! Deets I am sure you understand that!! If I weighed 140 and wore an 8, would be fine with me. I just wanted to be a tad smaller then a 10. Why? Just because I think that is a good average size. If I gained some, I would still only be at a 10, versus back to a 12. Again, all mental!!

So since I am doing a good bit of cardio maybe if I add the weights and keep them both going that will help!

Thanks everyone!!

Sheila
Old 03-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #9  
banned

As twisted as it is, I totally understand
Old 03-09-2006, 07:32 PM   #10  

Hi Marisa! I am just a little over 5' 7". But I can try on a pair of 10 pants and they are loose, but not that loose. or I tried on tennis clothes yesterday and while I can wear most M tops, M skirts are still just a little too snug!

Sheila
Old 03-09-2006, 08:38 PM   #11  
banned

I'm 5'4 on a good day and a true 4 at 133-134.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:46 PM   #12  

I'm 5"1 and size 6 at 126-128
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #13  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

All you slim people are making me envious I'll be there maybe late this year.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #14  

See Deets, I am a little over 3 inches taller then you, so you think that would count for something - about the same weight, but I am 3 sizes bigger!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:23 PM   #15  
banned

Everyone is so different...my girlfriend is also a 4 and to me, she looks SO thin, she s shorter than me and carries her weight in her lower half, flat tummy. Me, its all loose belly from three babies, no butt...everyone is different. It depends on your frame too. When we both tried on bathing suits you could REALLY see it...shes more petite and I have more of a medium build. Dont fret, Im sure you look awesome!