Old 05-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/139/118

Fiona - GREAT JOB!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!
KimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #17  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

FIONA ! WOOHOOO!! Loved your story what a great feeling!

mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:04 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 4"

Congratulations
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:22 AM   #19  

Whew - I have to share a funny story about my new suit!

Tonight I tried on my full ensemble to show DH, and discovered that while all the pieces fit, something about the cut of the pants made it so that I couldn't bend at the hip more than about 30 degrees! I didn't really think about it at the store - I was so thrilled to find things that actually zipped up all the way - but the waist of the pants comes up granny-high (no offense to the grandma chicks on here)!! The waistband is literally about an inch below my underwire! So, with the pants zipped all the way up, I can barely go up a set of stairs, and sitting down is out of the question. Here it is midnight, though, and I just discovered that I can zip them up to my natural waist, stick a safety pin in to keep them from coming undone, and tuck the balance of the waistband in on itself - and none of this shows thanks to fact that they are side-zip and the blazer is just the right length (I can even lift my arms up over my head and you can't tell!) Whew!

Anyway, this fix will have to do as we leave at noon tomorrow, but as soon as this conference is over, it's straight back to the tailor to have the waistband lowered about four inches!!!

(And all this comes after my first panic attack regarding these stupid pants - they were of course way too long, so yesterday I dropped them at the tailor to have them hemmed, with plans to pick them up first thing tomorrow morning. Well, I called about 6:00 this evening to make sure they would be ready, and first the lady couldn't even find them - apparently they had gotten hung on the wrong rack - so of course they hadn't even been started yet! I flew down to the shop to pick them up so that I could do an emergency hem job on them myself tonight, but the lady must have heard the panic in my voice because when I got there, she was just finishing them up. Double whew!)
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:23 AM   #20  

Karen - wow, is your wedding really only two weeks away already?!
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:12 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

fiona~ watch out with lowering the pants on your own...you dont want diaper butt in the back..no offense at all, but you know you'll look like a ganster if they have that much of a waist and you hang them low...
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote