Old 05-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #631  
PurpleSunshine

Yes, that is actually what I'm doing - I don't know why I got so weak all of a sudden - my personal trainer thinks I'm having drops in blood sugar and that I need to eat some fruit before walking then eat the other half when I get back - but I can't have fruit right now during TO!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #632  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

HeatherPP - You should try the T/O with the 4 oranges.
Might work a little better for you.

BTW - you look great in your pics. I can definately see the difference.
WTG girl.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #633  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Szn is right I bet if you did the unlimited takeoff with oranges instead of the drink it would do the trick. It couldn't hurt to try.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #634  
PurpleSunshine

Yea, I might do that - I think maybe I didn't eat enough yesterday - I don't know -

I tried the oranges one time and that helped, but last time I did the canteloupe and the same thing happened w/ the weakness and blood sugar dropping. I haven't really been working out the past week due to the back, but I started back to the gym on Monday and I go to my trainer today -

I ate a luna bar about 10 mins ago and that helped....I'm eating my salad now - maybe I will just do unlimited with 1 bar added in for the working out - that might help???
Old 05-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #635  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Heather - I don't know on the bar and unlimited protien thing on take off. They always definately say do one or the other. But I am a firm believer that sometimes you just have to tweak things to make it workable for you!

I have to say I definately like the slimdowns better than any other shake can or carboard. And they don't seem to effect my blood sugars either. I drank the chocolate one the other night and my blood sugar stayed below 120 both at 1 hrs after and 2. Thats a good thing. Bad thing I wasted about 20 bucks on shakes I can't gag down....LOL
Old 05-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #636  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Where oh where is Emmysmom? How did she do with the challenge? Wasn't she starting when Katie did?!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #637  
PurpleSunshine

Yes, she was and I think they are both supposed to weigh in next week - I know she was staying off the scales as well!!!

Thanks for the advice on the limited and unlimited - at that weak moment I just needed that bar to get me out of my slump this morning. Maybe I should just try to have one more OP day and then start TO again tomorrow?? I don't know what to do - the only "unlimited TO" cheat I've had today would be the one bar - so should I try to switch over to limited ?? I can still do that I just won't have alot of food tonight??
Old 05-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #638  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Heather - I would just stick with the unlimited and that one bar. Do unlimited tomorrow. Then next time just do unlimited with oranges, you don't have to go hog wild on the protien...my COD said one time try just adding 4 oz - 6 oz in place of the two bars (not for each bar.) and unlimited veggies.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #639  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Heather--I agree with Beanie--TO is not worth wrecking your health. As much as you work out (even with the break b/c of your back) I think you need more than TO offers nutrition-wise. A bar is certainly not going to hurt your WL, and you need more than those of us that don't work out so much. Anytime you are weak and shaky--I would definitely take that as a powerful sign from your body. Take care of yourself first!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #640  
Strong not Skinny

aggie, I'm on, 2# week is great, I was down 9 at weigh in. finally feel like i crossed a hurdle, i finally found a couselor who really read my journal and I found out I'd been cheating! ooops. I missed the part about doubling starches, so I was eating a JUMBO bowl of oatmeal everyday. Basically a lead balloon. She said 1X week on my fave, oh well. Bought those mini wheat bagels, a bit dry, but they'll work!
sweetiepetitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #641  
PurpleSunshine

I really appreciate all the help and advice.
** Beanie ** Boo ** Sznn -
Thank you for being there for me this morning.

I talked to my trainer and actually I don't think I'm going to try to do TO unless it is on the weekends while I'm not working out. He really feels like I need the energy from the "good carbs" in order to allow my body to work at peak performance. I've got good muscle tone now so I feel like overall I'm burning alot of calories - this morning was pure proof that my body was giving me that powerful sign like Boo said!!! I've had quite a few scares lately with the shaking and getting weak.

I do pretty good when I follow Op days or even with the shakes, but not TO days....So I think I will still follow the challenge but maybe do something different with the TO days - I might even try to be like Deets and do the fitday stuff - just try to follow my calories to see what I'm getting!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 01:58 PM   #642  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Glad you talked it over with your trainer--he is certainly the expert. It all makes sense really. I think your new plan sounds great.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #643  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Heather, I'm a little worried that you get shaky. Do you know anybody with a blood sugar checker? I don' tknow if it warrants a trip to the doctor, but if your mom or dad had a machine it would be worth a check, ya know?
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #644  
PurpleSunshine

Yes, I have had it checked - My dad has one - but like I said he is 90 mins away - I don't know anyone close. I do keep an eye on diabetes b/c it is in my family EVERYWHERE - my mom's mom, my dad's dad, my dad.........I just got checked a few months ago - but a quick blood test - no the true fasting blood test that they usually do--maybe I need to do that one!!!

Yes, I've had the shaky thing happen like 3/4 times withint the past 60 days......
Old 05-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #645  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

heatherpp, so good you are so health conscious with all that in your family. I never get shaky, so I don't know if that is normal...then again I am always munching on stuff
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote