3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends April (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/80496-lawl-losers-friends-april.html)

Gamababa3 04-08-2006 01:57 PM

Saddlebreds congrats to you for staying POP and especially for not giving in to cigarettes. My son as tried off and on through the years and never stuck with it.

Denise that is a HUDGE loss congrats on doing great & being POP to lose that much.

Welcome Kimsdive I would say re-read why you say you joined and try and remember that when your wanting to give into bad choices. We all have our struggles, its learning to get past it back on plan. The people on this board are great in giving encouragement so keep posting with us and letting us know how you’re doing. As for before and after pics there is another thread called something like that where you can view a few. Reading through some of the past threads might help you also. Good luck you can do it.

Yoga gurl I hope your tooth/jaw is feeling better I know it sucks to have a tooth ache. I’ve been told that before also that they couldn’t find anything then I find out I need a major root canal. I hate dental work:)

Laurie my sister is almost two years younger then me, but she looks older. She was always the out door kind skinny and all and I think the sun is what has made her look older. We have different Dads so it could be that to.

Congrats on your loss and even though you had a gain earlier you are down now and that’s what counts. I’m waiting to get back to where I was a week ago. And kick myself for allowing myself to gain knowing I could have been lower.

How exciting that you can travel like that with you Mom and enjoy all the time you can with her. I have never been on a train and would love to do that one year. Hey let me know if you find a ghost town and any ghost:) but most of all enjoy yourselves.

Stiesta is it maybe also eating out with others helps you stay on plan and possibly wanting them to see you do well. Then when your alone you give in to your weakness towards your favorite foods. I know that is what I’m doing lately. I’ve gotten to the point I can’t buy cake mixes, cookies etc or my temptation level breaks down. Like the mini marshmallows that are still in my cupboard calling my name and I have gone to visit them more then once. I can’t tell you why, but can understand. I’d stay get rid of that kind of food for a while.

Wow Milca 25 Easter baskets what a nice person to volunteer to make all of them. Hope you’re stronger with the candy. I was laying my one DGD stuff on what I was using in place of a basket this year and of course I had to try 3 jelly beans. Here's to staying strong:)

I’m going with my DD & DGD to my DGD friend’s birthday party this afternoon I again hope I stay strong. I think I will bring a lite to have when they have the cake. I didn’t give into the cookies last night at the church’s craft night and Easter egg hunt for the kids. Hope all of us do well this weekend.

Bobby18 04-08-2006 03:30 PM

Well, I just placed an order for 3 packs of Colonix. Ever since I went to the website I have been nauseous just thinking about what might be inside of me. I decided to order 3 since shipping to Canada was $20 for 1, 2 or 3. I am going to make DH do it with me. Now I can't wait for it to get here so I can get started. Thanks Julia and Bre.

Gamababa3 04-08-2006 04:11 PM

Have any of you heard or tried Bojenmi tea? My sister told me about it and says it's recommened for weight loss. Below is what they say the tea is know for.
Bojenmi Tea also known as "Maintain Vigorous and Graceful, Reduce Fat Tea." Reduces fat, dispels dampness and phlegm, benefits stomach and spleen, invigorates qi, promotes urination. This ia a weight-reducing herbal tea.
Ingredients:
Tea leaf, Crataegus Fruit, Poria Fungus, Phaseolus Seed, Pogostemon Herb, Hordeum Sprout, Citrus Peel,, Fermented Leaven, Cassia Seed, Pharbitis Seed, Alisma Rhizome, Raphanus Seed.

pinkflamingo68 04-08-2006 06:30 PM

Okay Julie, Bobby, et al:

The Colonix website scared the poop outta me...just kidding, but eeewww!!!!
It DOES get you obsessed with what might be in there!!! Might have to hop on the wagon, too.

HELP LADIES! I'm doing TO to get ready for Family Easter reunion- I don't want to fork over for the juice - I bought oranges and a canteloupe, but how much do I eat, and should it be one or both, to sub for the juice?

Hugs!
Ange

rad7775 04-08-2006 06:31 PM

Julia and Bre:
Like the other girls I visit the website too, that is very interesting,the pictures alone sells the product, they are very specific, I am going to buy it too for me and DH,girls, my DH need that, but I think that three aren't gonna be enough, b/c when that man use the bathroom everybody have to run for our lives! :tired::fr::yikes::faint:

Suzanne and Barbara:
Girls,Thanks for the :goodvibes: I can't be more happy that I don't have a sweet tooth b/c I bought candy like crazy! The only candy that I am weak around it's chocolate,God I am so weak around it that any of the baskets are gonna have it, just to avoid temptations, poor kids, they are paying the price of me be in a diet! :lol: Barbara, I hope that you enjoy the party with the kids!

rad7775 04-08-2006 06:33 PM

Ange:
This the the TO with cantaloupes and oranges:

6 oz protein
2 green veggies
2 LA lites
4 oranges OR 4 cups of cantaloupe

Hope this help!

SAMPLE MENU
BREAKFAST: 1 ORANGE OR 1 CUP CANTALOUPE
SNACK: L A LITE
LUNCH: 3 OZ PROTEIN 1 GREEN VEGGIE 1 ORANGE OR 1 CUP OF CANTALOUPE
SNACK: LA LITE
DINNER: 3 OZ PROTEIN 1 GREEN VEGGIE 1 ORANGE OR 1 CUP OF CANTALOUPE
SNACK: 1 ORANGE OR 1 CUP OF CANTALOUPE!

Good luck girl!

deetsmom 04-08-2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelica1674
Good Morning Chickies!

I think I read on here about the Laughing Cow ice cream sandiches(they might be a different name, I think the laughing cow is cheese,lol)Ohhhh wait, its Skinny Cow, I think.ANyways if I had one of those anyone know what they would count for???? I cant remember someone had said.

Thanks everyone!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

On maintennance they are one starch

Bobby18 04-08-2006 07:54 PM

Ange and Milca - I didn't even look at any of the pictures (other than the ones on the main site). The testimonials were what got me. I wasn't going to buy it because of the cost, but I can't not. I don't want that stuff in me - it scares me just to think about it!

pinkflamingo68 04-08-2006 08:04 PM

I think a great appetite/crave killer is just to go to that website and look at the pictures! Instant loss of appetite, guaranteed! I have the COD's Laxative Tea - and it's all the same ingredients as Colonix's. And DH has some psyllium pills, for those special moments, I might just combine thos two for now -

Bobby-keep us posted!!

A.

hkychik 04-08-2006 08:12 PM

I just got back from picking up DS in Wyoming... He had a great time and was VERY spoiled by his grandparents. Mom's a drag, compared to Grandma!

11 pages to catch up on - can't remember all the personals. I will say that I am laughing at all the comments about the Colinex website. The worst thing I ever did was take a parisitology class in college. I walked around for about a year, afraid of every little bug in every think I touched. Celestial Seasonings makes a "poop tea". I've never drank it, but my mom used to all the time. Drink it at night before you go to bed and you can go in the morning. I don't know the name of it, but Katie, being the tea guru here, may. If not, I can ask mom when I talk to her next.

Have a good rest of the weekend - I'm POP challanged, what with travelling and all. I have a ton of veggies and a protien left to eat today. Ugh! I need (ok, want!) more starches.

Repo girl 04-08-2006 09:41 PM

Lori- Ask your mom about that, I have not heard of it, but would definitely be interested.

MTdebster921 04-08-2006 10:17 PM

Evening chickies- It's been a busy and interesting past couple of days around the 3FC site.

Milca-So glad to see you back safe and sound. WE MISSED YOU GIRL!!! Every time I scroll past your description of your DH and the bathroom, I just have to chuckle. You are too funny!!

For all those of you talking about all the pages adding up. You can go to edit profiles and scroll down to a box that will let you choose how many posts per page. I have it on 40 posts per page and only have 16 pages so far this month. It makes it seem like not so much to catch up on. Plus you don't have to load so many different pages if you want to go back and look for something.

I was looking at the different kinds of teas in the health food section at the grocery store yesterday and one is called smooth move, it is either by Bigelow or Celestial seasonings. There were several different kinds of laxative tea by different brands. One that I just had to pick up and read was Chocolate tea. Any of you ever tried chocolate tea?? For the past couple of weeks I have been backed up too. It really starts me thinking when I sit down and I can feel it clear up into my chest. YUCKKOOO!!

Weigh in went pretty good yesterday. I was down 2.8 which puts me at a new low of 228.6. I am trying really hard to be at that 30 lb. mark by Mondays weigh in. Gotta think skinny thoughts. I like the nekked on the scale weight yesterday morning of 224.

Dairy Fairy 04-08-2006 11:21 PM

I definitely would like to try something like the colonix...my bra band is 33 (have to wear a 34) but my waist is 36. Usually my waist is smaller or the same as my bra band, but lately it has been looking pudgier. I think it's because I'm taking iron and not going much. I just can't bring myself to pay that much money for something like that. I'm such a tightwad.

DH is going out of town from 4am tomorrow til Monday around lunch. I'll miss him, but it is kinda nice not having to cook. I have spoiled that man. I went shopping this morning and came back around noon. He had never eaten breakfast...because I wasn't here to fix it for him. He DID mow the grass, so he isn't helpless ALL over the house.

Leah AU mom 04-09-2006 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denise Wilson
Oh my goodness! I just got back from WI and you'll never guess what happened! I'm down 5.8 lbs! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: DO you believe it...I don't. I posted before that I had been struggling but recently have been feeling focused (thanks mostly to you Chicks and all you encouragement!) and have been POP for 3 days! My last WI was Monday and I was up 3 lbs so now I feel like I redeemed myself.

Milca...Welcome back! we missed you! I hope all is well in PR.

:carrot: :carrot:

Way to go on being focused and losing those 5.8 lbs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stiesta,
I am 100% with you on giving in to certain foods. It is a mind game!!!!!!!!! Crazy that it is so hard, but it is for me!!!

My sweet DH and I had a nice dinner tonight......Dinner outside at Bahama Breeze with a guy playing his guitar and singing... had a great Bahamarita....yum...Nice adult evening. Then we came home and since our kids are at grandparents......... no one to read stories to and tuck in...It's a welcome break, but wow, it's so quiet. I can't imagine when they are all grown up and gone!!!!!!!! I'll probably be a basket case when they go off to college.
(NSV..Stayed OP at dinner with broiled shrimp, rice and steamed veggies)

All of this talk of the colon cleansing is making me want to look at the site, but then again.......maybe not.
I have a very sensitive stomach...borderline IBS. In fact after dinnner last night, let's just say it was like a colon cleansing, and the scale was down 3.5 lbs. (TOM was over too)

aggie2006 04-09-2006 02:37 AM

angelica, congratulations on reaching the 160's, id love to be in your shoes right now...i can see the victory dance you must have done

Bre-im in Poznan Poland...im or polish origin, and my parents shipped me off (jk) so i can get away from the NYC scene...plus its a 6 year program that combines college and medical school, so i finish 8 years in 6 years...its taught in english, and we use the curriculum from harvard...well this is no harvard but atleast i know im learning everything there is to know...and im half way done this year, yey...its challenging but the benefits are amazing!
one is travel! im going to paris on thursday! im so excited...my family is meeting me there...were spending easter in paris..ahhh...im so lucky, my parents are godsent...

my only concern about colonix or any long term laxatives is your body gets used to it, and you need more to get the same effect, thats why you hear stories of laxative abuse...im not discouraging, just becareful, what ends up happening is you natural motility decreases more and it will be difficult to go at all...no matter what the site says, this is text book...then again the adverse effects of not going for more that a few days (maximum colon time is 5days) even so you should go everyday because our natural bacteria works against us and predisposes to colon cancer if you dont go...so i guess i would choose dec. motility over cancer...but i feel everyone should try to increase bulk first, exercise, eat high fiber meals...maybe an enema will get some of you going who do not have persistent constipation...if you truely are still having a problem, then i guess laxatives are necessary...especially if you have IBD because your motility is decreased as is(many have increased it varies)...so to sum up i would do colonix unless you have persistent constipation that isnt eased my any other means...and maybe seeing a doctor before treating yourselves might not be a bad idea, since it may be something more than just constipation...

denise-well i guess the plan wont work for me, im 23, if i wanted ur life id have to go back 2 years!...its great to find someone that you feel is everything you want, and makes you everything you can be...congrats on the great success in school, and your beautiful babies!

dairy fairy-me and my sis where actually going through our plans, shes purple, im gold, and realized the same thing....its really not worth it to go from gold to purple...although at my center, they said when you dont eat the bars and your on gold you should move on to red, not purple...im not sure what to do or who to believe...anyone out there willing to clear up this matter?

suzanne-you know if the proteins are too big, eat egg beaters, it doesnt fill me up, or some cottage cheese, my sisters a pro at substituting her proteins for the smallest portions allowed, if u go to the vegetarian proteins, its easier to get them down...and another thing, u make a great point about the COD! atleast two of them are larger than me, and havent changed or lost any weight either, its hard for me to listen to them preach and take their advice when it seems they arent concerned about their weight...

anyway, to all a great Sunday OP!