3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends April (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/80496-lawl-losers-friends-april.html)

ljackson 04-11-2006 04:33 PM

Hi Guys,
Tough day here, DFIL brought over a dozen Dunkin Donuts this morning for the kids, and the smell is driving me nuts!!!! I have aready picked off a little bite off of each of theirs when they got home from school.
I also just picked up a ham for Easter dinner and it is making me very nervous. I know I will have no will power just to eat a tiny bit, and I don't want to draw attention to myself by not eating any at all. I hate telling family and inlaws that I am on a diet, because I have done that so many times before and not been successful. Anyways I don't know what else to make with it that would be on plan. I guess I will just eat a big plate of asparagus, that is safe.:p
think skinny,
lisa

Dairy Fairy 04-11-2006 04:37 PM

Did you see the rap remix version? I LOVE THAT>

I wanna know...
I wanna know...
I wanna know where the gold at...

No, this does NOT make me ashamed of my home state.
I have to disagree with the lady who said the "leprechaun" was prolly a crackhead. I think the crackheads were on the ground, along with a LOT of folks who are very prone to the power of suggestion. Pump some haldol in the water supply...they'll be fine!

Repo girl 04-11-2006 04:38 PM

I am starving to death today. Don't know what my problem is, but I am dang hungry. I guess I will go and eat a fruit and make some tea.

ljackson 04-11-2006 04:40 PM

just checking my ticker, I changed it yesterday, but it still is saying my old weight

1luckychick 04-11-2006 05:21 PM

Hi

Hi Ladies,

I am new to the group! I started LAWL in March and I have lost 16 lbs so far. I am kinda having a hard time staying on plan now for some reason. I love the recipe link, it is helping so much. Thanks! I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Nikki

Repo girl 04-11-2006 05:30 PM

Hi Nikki, and welcome!!!!

Gamababa3 04-11-2006 05:36 PM

Hi Nikki and welcome.

I decided for this Easter I'm not going to bake a ham, which I love. I decided I'm going to make roasted chicken with the balsamic potatoes that are in the new cookbook. And then either a salad or broccoli & cauliflower. Then probably a healthier dessert. This will help me stay on plan and I won't want to get carried away eating more of the ham then I should have.

I went to the center today and am down .6, which I guess is the amount I gained last week. I'm back to trying harder and the scale is showing it, so I guess that's a good thing.

My favorite person whom I've seen from the beginning left and I didn't even know she was leaving to say good bye. Now we have two new people and one person that I've seen for about a month. I know it's a job most probably don't want to work at for a long time, but it sucks getting used to new people that know nothing about you.

Boo'sMom 04-11-2006 07:27 PM

Has anyone tried any of the Walden Farms products? I read about them in my sister's Weight Watchers magazine (great read) and they are EVERYTHING free--calorie, fat, sugar, carb, etc EXCEPT sodium (of course) but I wonder about the taste. I am going to call our health food store tomorrow to see if they carry it because to order directly from Walden is outrageous--the dressing is $3.99 but the shipping is $8.95.

Thanks for any info.

dolphn545 04-11-2006 07:39 PM

Boo - I have tried the Walden Farms dressing before. I believe I had the hot bacon. It was pretty good. Don't remember how much sodium it has in it though.

Have you checked your local grocery stores? You might want to try them first. It's been awhile since I had it, but I believe Wegmans carries it. It would be right by the salad mixes (veggie aisle).

ljackson 04-11-2006 07:59 PM

My sister loves Walden Farms dressings, she has tried many different types. She is always telling me to try it but I can not find it in the salad dressing aisle. I will try the health food isle next time.

ljackson 04-11-2006 08:02 PM

The new dressing I love is Newmans Oriental sesame ginger. I love it with grilled chicken or fish on top of raw spinach. It tastes like something from a restraunt. My mouth is watering just thinking about it

deetsmom 04-11-2006 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljackson
The new dressing I love is Newmans Oriental sesame ginger. I love it with grilled chicken or fish on top of raw spinach. It tastes like something from a restraunt. My mouth is watering just thinking about it

Is the sodium level high?

Boo'sMom 04-11-2006 08:07 PM

How does the Newman's compare on calories, sugar, etc..? I need more variety (I get told weekly at my COD!!) and I love salad but I am sick of everything I have bought so far. I will check around the grocery stores and call the health food store, too. Thanks. I thought the hot bacon sounded really good--love bacon. I have the Kraft fat free bacon ranch and it's fine--a little thick for me--but the Walden's sounds amazing since it's so "free".

deetsmom 04-11-2006 08:11 PM

OH DANG......I just realised I had one too many fruits today...(12 strawberries, 2 oranges and a peach). Good news is that I had a Lite saved for late night (I go to bed really late so COD suggested having a lite at like 10pm) so is it ok if I just dont have that and sub in that mistake extra fruit? What would you do??

ljackson 04-11-2006 08:16 PM

I just ran to the fridge to get it.:running:
2 TBSP = 1.5 gr fat
35 cal
390 mg sodium

Kind of high on the sodium, which is what I get scolded on all the time at my cod:devil:
They are all over me if I eat a Lean Cuisine, which before this i was so proud if I ate one and now I am afraid of them like they are a piece of cake or something dangerous

The other dressing that I like is Light Done Right Raspberry Vinagrette