Old 01-30-2006, 04:10 PM   #1  
Losing the Weight!

Default I was soooo Good!!!

Well, over the weekend, my DH who sometimes NEVER stops to think about what he's doing brought a Strawberry Cheese Cake into the house. He said to me "After all, You're the one on a diet, why should I have to suffer?". .. OMG... it was hard, but I resisted temptation. NO cheese cake for me until I get down to my goal weight, and THEN I'll have to think hard about it.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #2  
PurpleSunshine

Oh my Joan - I think I would've definitely given him some cheesecake but not exactly the way he expected it!! But good for you - glad you could say no - that is a wonderful NSV!!!!! I believe sometimes that is exactly what it takes to make us strong and stay that way!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:46 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Sometimes DH's are not so dear, huh? Way to say no. I wonder if DH is feeling a little jealous of your weight loss? If he keeps up this kind of stuff, you may need to have a heart to heart with him about your diet, why you want to lose weight, and how much his support would mean to you.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:59 PM   #4  

My husband did something similar- about a week into this "journey" to my goal weight- he called me at work and told me a few people at work brought their kids Girl Scout Cookie order forms and wanted to know which cookies I wanted! I almost lunged through the phone at him. I said "none- thank you." He then proceeded to read to me all of the choices in detail. I was so mad!! But did not order any- and if he brings the ones he did home I plan on stomping on them and pouring them over his head!!
Husbands can be so insensative sometimes!!

Stephanie
Vnova91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:08 PM   #5  

I've never posted here before.. hi, my name is Nicole.

My hubby has learned to support me, finally, but it's taken almost 2 whole years and accompanying me to the doctor a couple of times. I have to follow a food plan for health reasons in addition to needing to lose weight, because I'm allergic to some things. My hubby now asks me if I can have this or that and if I can't it goes into a special cupboard that is for him and my daughter. I don't have to look at it except when I retreive one treat food that I keep up there.

Ya'll sound like an awesome group of ladies!
BunnyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:21 PM   #6  
Losing the Weight!

Thanks everyone. It wasn't easy, and there were a couple of times that I was REALLY tempted. But then I asked myself...

"Is that going to taste anywhere near as good as thin feels????"

That did it for me.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:27 PM   #7  

Bunnychick

So glad that you found us, How long have you been on LAWL? Great weight loss! The ladies on here are great so feel free to jump in any where.

Congratulations on making a choice to be healthy and lose weight.

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:10 PM   #8  
PurpleSunshine

Nicole

- So glad your DH has decided to support you - that is wonderful!! Mine does a pretty good job himself - he still enjoys his foods as long as it doesn't bother me -
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote