3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   The good old days (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/72633-good-old-days.html)

Repo girl 01-12-2006 09:23 PM

We loved the movie Karate Kid, we would play Karate Kid all summer long, sleeping out on the trampoline, walking downtown to buy candy, riding bikes, wow we had some fun!

ptspeced 01-12-2006 10:09 PM

About old things we still have a rotary phone in our house and it still works.
told my mom not to remodeled we will be back in style in no time.

Star 01-13-2006 09:46 AM

The Dinah Shore Show, Ed Sullivan, Mod Squad, Peyton Place, Dark Shadows
Block races with the boys, riding our bikes for miles thru rich alleys(from morning til dark)
Going trick or treating as beatniks with a huge pillowcase (without parents)
Wearing rollers on Sat to go shopping with a scarf
Shock Theater (Sat nights), the Blob (my first scary movie)

textjewel 01-13-2006 09:58 AM

Star did you use those rollers with the gray sticky stuff in the middle? I always got my hair tangled in those. And to sleep in them?? yuck. I learned to love my straight hair.

Were you a Steve McQueen fan after the Blob??

brittyboo07 01-13-2006 10:36 AM

HAHA mary you forgot that you had no shoes on either lol. You made me think of those i think they were called slap bracelets do you know what im talking about???

Repo girl 01-13-2006 12:14 PM

I remember slap bracelets! I loved jelly shoes, too, OMG they always gave me blisters, but I did not care. They were in. I hear you on the charm necklaces and jelly bracelets, too. We saw some at the store the other day, and my 4 year old DD went wild over them. Like mother, like daughter!

Star 01-13-2006 01:34 PM

Julie, Yes, I always loved Steve McQueen after the Blob....lol
I use to sleep in 'brush rollers' OMG...and spoolies....haha Your right thank God straight came in style, but not just naturally straight - we had to IRON it....
Now those were the days.....NOT

shennie_97 01-13-2006 03:27 PM

Ripp~ hide and seek was the only game we needed all summer and we were able to stay out all night it seemed like. Plus we got to catch lightening bugs :)

Carmen~ Thriller was the first video I can really remember, that was back when videos had premieres and everyone gathered around the TV to watch the new video coming out.

Star~ as an adult I look at the places I rode my bike too and get tired just thinking about it, that is how we stayed so little as kids, maybe we should forget LAWL and just start riding bikes again :lol:

I remember playing outside all day and coming in the house and you can see the tan (and dirt) from the jelly shoes in squares.

Tee625 01-13-2006 04:13 PM

Wow all those things bring back memories. Do you guys remember He-Man and She- Ra, Bazooka Joes, and that kid Magazine called Highlights.

Also remember the smurfs...

Star 01-13-2006 04:14 PM

Oh Tee625 - you made me think of my fav's The Bionic Women and Wonder Woman......
It makes me almost sad to see Lyndsy Wagner do those mattress commercials.

Gymgurl 01-13-2006 04:49 PM

This is a great thread.....Shennie you and I must have grown up in the same time period....I was laughing at all the stuff you wrote!!

Chklithunder 01-13-2006 05:16 PM

Highlights was the ticket. With Goofus and Galiant. What about the Dick and Jane books? I remember crying when I read them because Dick and Jane's mom and dad had a nice playhouse for them...:lol:

Linds81 01-13-2006 08:29 PM

I love looking back at things from my childhood! I was a child of the 80's, and I'm so happy to see some of the toys that I loved making a return... Carebears, Strawberry Shortcake, etc.

I had a pair of jelly shoes too and those things were the most uncomfortable things ever, but they looked so cool, you kinda sucked it up! Oh and the jelly bracelets now are apparently linked to sexual favours... according to Dr. Phil! Leave it to the kids today to ruin something good!

Hmmm... whatelse do I remember.... Rainbow Brite, Lite Brite, Glow Worm, Those Keepers... I had the snail that you could put your treasures in it's shell... Wuzzles... ahhh the list is endless.

I miss how you could just play outside without having to worry. My parents never worried where you were. I could play marbles in a dirt pit forever and not worry about getting snatched.

Ahhhh the good ol' days!