Old 01-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Default Mary- the TexMex Queen

The tilapia was amazing that way. I made one of your fish tacos and then with the leftover tilapia (I only used half a filet in the tortilla and no cheese), I just covered it in fresh chopped tomato with the green onion and cilantro on top- it was AWESOME.

I love simple flavorful ideas like this so I am sending you a challenge for tomorrow night's dinner! I have ground turkey, cilantro, green onions and most other tex-mex things on hand...would you have an idea of something yummy to whip up with this? I could also use chicken. If you have time to respond that would be awesome-you seem like a great cook!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #2  
banned

I continue to be inspired, THANKS!!! My DH LOVES the fish tacos..I made them with cheese for him
Old 01-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #3  
banned

whats MLS?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #4  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Your cinnamon chips sound good to me, I'm sure I'll be trying them. Thanks!
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #5  
banned

Mary, I think you should be in charge of a new recipe post, cos your taco salad (despite not having a dairy or starch to make it REALLY good) was awesome. Who knew?!

I fried up the turkey and added cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper and chili powder. Then chopped a plum tomato and some cilantro and a tbsp of lo-sodium ketchup. I had it with lettuce and the salsa/sourcream dressing..it was awesome! Next time I think I might have it over brown rice with CHEESE! AWESOME, thanks so much! I am still junky-ing up on lime tilapia..seriously - i bought some for tomorrow already and cant wait to have it a THIRD TIME this week!

Any other ideas you can think of are certainly eagerly anticipated, so if youre ever bored- fire 'em off!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:42 AM   #6  

deets~ did you add the tomatoes to the turkey while cooking or as a topping. when i make chicken tacos i add tomatoes to it while cooking, but have never tried it with turkey ones.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #7  
banned

I added it to them after Today I made ground turkey with the cumin, garlic,chili, cilantro, green onion, 1tsp salsa and 1oz cheese...OMG- YUM!