Old 12-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #1  

Default Hi, New here and some ??

Hi guys,

I have enjoyed lurking here for several months. I have been on the plan at a center since July and have lost 32 pounds (trying to lose postpartum weight since delivering twins in March). I have gone from 191 to 158. I have stood my ground on NOT doing lites and doing Lunas instead. My exercising is walking about 3-4 hours a week.

Initially, I was on red with Lunas because of breast-feeding. Then, later, I was switched to Gold with Lunas. Now I have been plateau-ing on the same 2 pounds for a month. She switched me back to Red WITHOUT lunas to "jog my metabolism. I decided to humor them and do the plan without bars because they say my problem is the Luna bars. I know that's alot of bull but like I said, humoring them only to see if it makes a difference.

Any suggestions or advice you guys might give me? Thanks!!!
my3sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:32 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Congratulations on the babies I have three sons too! What is your goal weight? Maybe its just cos youre getting closer that theres a plateau? Have you tried switching up the foods you eat, the times you eat, etc? How about Take Off or Fast Forward? I use Lites so I'm no help there, but welcome Im sure you will be at goal soon!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:30 AM   #3  

My3sons (used to LOVE that old TV show.. .)

Are you still breast feeding? Gold with bars may be too low in calories for you.

Totally agree that no difference between lunas and lites -

And agree with Repo that switching up the program may shake things up - also have you been able to up the intensity of your walking? Our bodies DO get used to the same things.

Also, I seemed to stall when I first moved to gold - it took a couple of weeks before things started to move again.
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi and welcome! Congrats on the babies, and the loss. I lost a lot of weight really fast, and now I am moving really slow, too. I agree with the other girls that you have to take what your cener say with a grain of salt sometimes, and do what you know is best. A lot of people use Lunas, and no on has had any different results. I don't do the bars at all, and I have had the same results. I'm with Julie on changing your workout routine. Sometimes you just have to change things up a little bit! Good luck, Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:40 PM   #5  

I think most of us have remarked that we had a stall when we moved to Gold.
Also try a few days of lighter selections (just a few,s o you body won't get to use to that either. Try chicken, and shrimp and then a slice of bread or melba toast or crackers for your starch. Try to not have high carb fruits either, and then go back to your normal.

I have also changed my eating around and that has helped. Eating an heavy breakfast (P S V F) and medium lunch (1/2 p, S, V, V) get all of your fruit in early too and basically have a garden slad with your 1/2 protein for dinner. that would change things too.

I always stall so I am always trying something new. Just have to get your body out of the regular.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote