Old 11-12-2005, 08:19 AM   #1  

Talking New to the group and question

Hello

I am really thrilled I found this place. Love the name. I was wondering if any of you can give me some advice on what brand of bread I should buy. I have two little ones that eat it and would like to get something that is better for them than the average white. Thanks for the response. I look forward to getting to know you all.
ladyhelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:37 AM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Any bread that has as its first ingredient "100% whole wheat" will be great (and MUCH better than white). But make sure it IS 100% whole wheat (and SAYS that as 1st ingredient), because many *wheat* breads contain wheat that has been bromated (sp.?) and other things which strips the wheat of its protein...a few *wheat* breads are basically WHITE bread with molasses coloring + very little actual WHOLE wheat .
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #3  

Good Morning Lady Helton....I have been on the SBD for 2 1/2 months...I am always looking for low carb solutions...I found the Nature's Own has a wheat and fiber bread. It only has 7g of carb and NO sugar. it says that it is Bromate free. and it does taste good. Hope this helps...
overstuffedchick is offline   Reply With Quote