Old 11-08-2005, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/159/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Uh-OH!

Hi, I'm new here!! I've been doing LAWL for about a few days now and so far I've lost 5 lbs . But just last night I was so hungry and being stuck at a restaurant w/ my friends, I just had to get a 7oz steak sandwich with fries and a root beer! AND YES, I scarfed it down to the last crumb! So yummy! Do you think this'll throw me off?!?!

Last edited by foxyc83; 11-08-2005 at 06:55 AM.
foxyc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:19 AM   #2  

Well, if you want an honest answer. Yes! It's all about consistancy and you probably could have made a better choice. You're new, so chalk it up to being a newbie and having to get use to the program. I don't think the steak sandwich would have been too bad if you only eat 1/2 the bread, and no fries. If you want the program to work, you must follow the plan. Good Luck.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:48 AM   #3  

Foxy - eating out with friends - esp as we are starting out is the HARDEST -- but the big thing (for me) to get out of the all or nothing thinking - and just starting over the next day POP (perfect on plan) -- truthfully, one meal in the scheme of things isn't that big of a deal, but the next time you're out with friends, remember YOU deserve the best choice.

There are alot of restaurant options in the meal guide - even if it's not the same restaurant chain, figure out what are better options are before you go!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:56 AM   #4  

Foxy~ just remeber to get back on board today and to get soem water in your system to flush out the sodium.

Persoanlly, I know i there are foods I can't just do a littel of and French fries are one of them, so I try to stay away from them. I also have consistently ordered a garden salad when i go out with firends asa an appeytizer so I am not so hungry when there food comes out and I am eating a grilled something or another. You will learn you triggers as you get more into the plan and you will find some triggers that you never would have thought existed.
Good luck and join us over on the monthly thread to get some more tips and ideas.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #5  

Another suggestion is use your counselors!! That's what they are there for. When you go in, show them what happened so you can have a game plan for next time.

This is all about making changes in our lives in order to lose weight. We're not going to be perfect. Mistakes lead to learning - or, as Bruce Wayne's dad says in Batman Begins "Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up!"

Good luck to you,

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/159/135

Height: 5'6"

Aw, ok thanks guys! Yeah, it was some unknown pub and it was my friends b-day. It was little tho, but it's the fries that got to me. I've been good troughout my diet, except for that night. I'm getting back on the wagon wiser guys!
foxyc83 is offline   Reply With Quote