Old 10-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #1  

Question Can you help me get started please??

Hello,

My name is Kisa. I have heard good things about this program, and have been lurking here. I can't afford the program right now. So I have to do it on my own. So far I have got the food scale, cookbook, and am about to get the take off juice. I've thought about ordering 4 double boxes of the lite bars too. My goal is to lose 25-30lbs to get to 150. I am only 5"3, but have lost alot of inches so I look more like 160 already and wear a 13. I am still nursing my baby, but not much,and I do workout for 30 mins-1hr 5 days a week. 1200 calories would not be enough. Which plan do I use? Also, what else do I need,like,bars,supplements,etc? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
Kisa
slimdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:10 AM   #2  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Kisa, As far as the take-off juice, you drink that over a 2 day period. Along with the drink, you can have unlimited amounts of lean protein (beef, chicken, turkey, 2 eggs per day, lamb, liver, pork, seafood, veal) and green vegetables. You can also have reduced fat or light cheese (2 slices per day), 1T cream cheese, light per day, 1T fat free creamer, 1T light mayo, 1T mustard, seasonings (no sugar or salt), 2c coffee or tea, unlimited decaf coffee or tea, 24oz diet soda, 2c hot fresh lemon water (helps relieve bloating). You need to drink 8 cups of water per day and you may use butter, margerine, oil, and light salad dressings. That about sums it up.
As far as which plan, I am on the gold plan and at about the same weight as you, but was told that if I would exercise 5 hours or more per week, which is around where you are, the red plan would be the way to go. Unfortunately, I don't have the details on that plan, but I'm sure that someone else here will help you with that.
Good luck!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:33 AM   #3  

Hi Kisa - I believe that if you're nursing, you'd be on the red plan - but I don't have the portions for that. .. I know we have some chicks on the red plan so hopefully they'll post soon.

You truly don't need any supplements to do the program. And if you're nursing, not sure if you should take any anyway?

The LA lites can be substitued with any nutrition bar with about 160-220 cals with 8-10 grams of protein.

HTH,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:52 AM   #4  

Hi kisa,

Just wanted to check-in and see if you started the program yet?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:02 PM   #5  

Talking Just got cookbook!

Thanks to everyone who responded. I haven't really started my program yet. I just got the cookbook today, and am skimming through the meals, so I can get my grocery list together, plus stuff to do the quick burn, and take off plan, first. I'm also trying to figure out which plan will be best for me, since I workout to taebo, and beachbody products atleast 4 days a week. I am 182-185, and need to be atleast 155 by Christmas. I've been following a little bit from the gold plan. BUT, am STARVING! I notice that when I eat a starch, and can be a good size meal, I'm still starving. I drink 16oz of water to see if it helps, but nope, I still feel hungry. This doesn't usually happen, because I don't eat much as it is. My problem has been no breakfast, eating 1-2 x's a day, eating late at that, or eating junk, and being a big snacker. I'm getting the luna bars, and knudsen brand juice, to do the takeoff, then I'll probably pick the red plan. I got my plans off of ebay along with the cookbook, and scale. Well, gotta go, because I'm still lurking this site to soak up information. My baby will be 2 next month, and STILL trying to nurse to go to sleep. That's like 1-2 x's a day, or night. I hope to join you all in one of the groups soon too!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #6  

the internet plans don't give portions? I told a friend of mine to get one, I'll tell her to use mine if it doesn't?

Last edited by shennie_97; 10-12-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #7  

Wink

They just tell you 6oz or 8oz protein, etc. I guess it's the exact same as lawl, right? Just under pasta, I remember it saying like 1 cup. I was using the gold plan, and at the end of the day I think I came up with like 1100-1200 calories (that was only with the spaghetti helping it). So, with the baby nursing, and me exercising, that was too little calories. So, tonight, I reevaluated the red or blue plan. Another lady my weight, and same goal, is using the blue, so I figured it would be enough for me. As that was the plan I was on when I did si6,(slim in 6) and I lost 15lbs in 5wks. The red plan is only 1 more vegetable than the blue. Since I don't like vegetables that much anyway, I figure I'll give the blue plan a try. I do workout for 5 or more hours a week. So, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the responses, I'll get it down soon.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:00 PM   #8  

Hi Slimdreams - I think there's a difference in the protein sizes between red and blue - blue has smaller portions - like gold, while red is like purple. . . If you're doing beachbody si6 - definately make sure that you're eating enough! The cookbook protein servings show both sizes - go for the larger one.

Let us know how it goes!
Julie
Old 10-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #9  

Cool

Thanks Julie, I will remember that! I'm going to get it down, and stick to this way of eating. I have to, my dad thinks of me and my sister, like some fat lazy a's like he says. He doesn't think much of us because he thinks we chose to stay home with our kids, (mine are 1, and 3, hers is also 1, and 3), and because of that, we are fat. I got fat when I used fertility meds,(but he doesn't support this either, so I can't tell him that's how we got Jaeda,my 3yr old). My sister got fat when she got on the shot. He's an old prude, and military brat! His way of loving and caring for us, is to judge us and be negative so that will motivate us. My sister and I both want to do this plan for ourselves and not him, because our normal weight has never been this high. I can now hang in there with aerobics for the whole hour, so now it's time to get the eating down. Well, sorry to turn this into a pity party, just had to get that out! Thanks again!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #10  

I wish I had your book if it says I can have a cup of pasta
But the regular blue book says 1/3 cup of pasta...sorry
Old 10-12-2005, 10:47 PM   #11  

Yeah, Shennie, you're right - should have mentioned that, it's 1/3 c of pasta or rice = 1 starch. .

Slimdreams -you've got it that you got to do it for yourself first -- we've all had family ups and downs, and people judging us for our weight!

Julie
Old 10-12-2005, 11:06 PM   #12  

Talking

Thanks Shennie!
I probably did read that wrong, well obviously. I'm going to correct that, and now I know it's 1/3.

Julie,
yeah, we decided a long time ago, this would be for us and no one else. Because weird thing is no one thinks we need to lose weight(but my dad.) Doing si6 we;ve lost over 30 inches. So, for me at even 186, I can fit a comfortable 13, and some snug 12's. I just want to accomplish something, and I can say hey, I did this, I made it. Know what I mean? Right now, since I'm at home with the kids, busy, but sometimes bored, exercising has now become my hobby. So that's a good thing! Well, I'm off to bed, so will "see" you all soon. Let's see if my ticker works:
Old 10-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #13  

Kisha, i must ask and I know you are tired of peopl asking, but is Shy really "shy"?

I love the name though
Old 10-13-2005, 12:51 PM   #14  

Talking

Shy is not shy at all, Shennie!! His biological mom named him that, and he proved the opposite!