Old 10-11-2005, 01:37 PM   #1  
I will do it this time

Default Potato Size

Please, how do you judge 1/2 a small potato? What is considered a small potato? I am used to having an ounce measurement as in WW. With them a 10 oz would be a serving. So should I count 5oz, uncooked, as a serving? This has been bothering me for some time and the folks at the center can't seem to give me a good answer or guidelines.
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:49 PM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

I think if you get the "regular" potatoes (not baking ones)-you are generally okay. Ones that are about the length of your hand? I usually figure 1/2 cup mashed. Don't stress about it-the cal range from our OP carb options is pretty wide.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:51 PM   #3  
I will do it this time

I have noticed it is wide. Kind of throws me off when I am trying to behave but need something new. So 1/2 of a regular size potato is what you eat? Thanks for the information.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:11 PM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Sharon, Who is the beautiful baby in the picture with you?
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:21 PM   #5  
I will do it this time

emmysmom, Thank you! He is adorable. That is grandchild number 3. He was about 6 months old in that picture. Jackson lives in Colorado. I am in California. Mom is 5'9 and Dad is 6'5. So at 22 months old, he weighs 39#'s and looks more like a 3 year old. He is a sturdy happy little guy and I don't get to see him enough. I have two grandchildren here. Almost 14 year old grandaughter and an 11 year old grandson.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:29 PM   #6  
I will do it this time

Marbear, yes that is a big boy. Jackson has a large head also. So did my son. Very hard to get pullover shirts for him. We are lucky in that our DIL is a flight attendant for United. We don't get free flights, but they get extremely cheap rates for themselves. Sometimes they drop him with us and then fly off to Vegas or somewhere for vacation. I see him about 4 times a year. Plus we drive out there at least once a year. My husband is disabled and I am fat, so we don't fly often. Only when forced. I am so hoping that when this weight is off, we can fly more.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Just butting in:0) I have a son named Jackson too!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:01 AM   #8  

Mary,

You are a great mother and some peopl just don't like to see you succeed at something they couldn't do right, so just let her have her little fits and hold your son in your arms and know you are giving him 110% of your best

Sorry you have to deal with the MIL at all
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:18 AM   #9  

I love the name Jackson - really cute, Eli is too.
My GB David is also 22 months old and weighs about 33 pounds, big headed babies rule....lol
Mary - All I can say about your very MIL is thank your maker that she doesn't live closer.....I can't imagine being like that even with a stranger, let alone the mother of my grandbaby and wife of my son
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:21 AM   #10  

My son is 8, but he was and is a big header. In fact, it takes two people to take off his football helmet. Everyone laughs when they watch me and his father both pull and struggle to get thatthing off.
But I tell everyone that he his has alot of knowledge, so he needs somewhere to put it
Old 10-12-2005, 01:20 PM   #11  
I will do it this time

Mary, your MIL sucks! What a witch. Sorry you have to put up with that. It sounds like you have a wonderful, bright well adjusted baby. My Jackson would probably be deemed with a problem by your MIL. He doesn't speak well. He jabbers. He has his own language. But he is soooo bright. You show him how to do something and he picks right up on it. He didn't walk, he ran. He is a sweet baby. BIG Head babies are great. My son didn't turn out so bad either. By the way, my son and DIL took Jackson Charles to Walmart on their way home from the hospital. He survived.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:11 PM   #12  

Mary, i have a friend who keeps her child away from other children and he is tarting kindergarted next year. I have said over and over again, he will be sick the whole first year.

Children have absolutly fascinating bodies and they heel so quickly. That's why they have a two day cold and when they give it to us, we have it for two weeks. How else can you explain kids stayign outside playing in the snow for hours and never showing a sign of being cold.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:34 PM   #13  

Thread name "Potato Size"
Content of thread - babies with big heads......lol
Old 10-12-2005, 03:10 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 4"

Yeah, Star, good point. I was trying to figure that one out myself.....
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #15  

Karen - Where the heck have you been girl - have missed your sassiness.....???