Old 09-02-2005, 01:12 PM   #1  

Default I'm so frustrated :(

I went to weigh in today and was down only .4 since Tuesday - and that's after being UP on Tuesday .2 - so really I'm only down .2 in the last 7 days. This may not be a big deal but I have been PERFECT on plan AND started to exercise 20 minutes a day. To not see a reasonable loss is so discouraging.

To make it even worse, the counselor I saw was brand new (in training from a different center) and she was reading the "tips" on slow weight loss to me - I am already do all of them......extra water, exercise, spread out foods, eating "lighter" selections of foods.

Then she tells me that maybe I'm gaining muscle - well, you know that just can't be happening in 5 days, can it?

I'm going back in tomorrow to talk about it more.
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:36 PM   #2  
234/165.8/160

Kim-I know how frustrated you feel. I too have struggled with losing very small amounts when I knew I hadn't done anything 'wrong'. My advice would be to give yourself a break and remember that you know you were POP and you've started to exercise. These things are great for you and even if the scale isn't showing immediate results, you'll soon realize lots of NSV (non-scale victories) like better fitting clothes, better sleep and more energy. The scale will catch up, give your body a little time to adjust.

The counselors all work off a script of dumb stuff to say and I wouldn't put much stock in what they have to say.

You are doing the right things for a healthy you, please don't give up! Hang it there!

Jen
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:44 PM   #3  

Kim, it is tough, sometimes our bodies just hold on to those fractions of ounces when we are doing everything perfect.

One thing, though, are you doing strength training? Muscles will retain water while they are healing, so it's a temporary gain. Also, as my weight started to drop, TOM went haywire (something to do about estrogen released from fat, but still in the body) and I was retaining water before usual.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #4  

Thanks gals - Julie - I'm doing more aerobic activity - 10 minutes at a time on an elliptical trainer. I didn't know that about muscles retaining water.

What I've noticed about TTOM is that it's coming sooner - I used to be a regular 32 day cycle, and now it's closer to 28 days- blech
Old 09-02-2005, 05:00 PM   #5  

Thanks Mary - funny you say that about ovulation b/c this is my "ovulation week" - I'm not trying to get pg, but after 3 planned pgs, I KNOW! So maybe that's it - jeez.... I know to expect a halt at TTOM, but ovulation too - maybe I can chuck it up to that! Let's hope! Thanks!

And I'm also doing the plan BETTER now than I was in the beginning when I still saw steady losses every time. I hardly ever go off plan anymore and I drink MORE water than I ever did and now the exercise - crazy body!
Old 09-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #6  

I had the same problem today. Yesterday was the start of week 2 and I am actually up a few pounds and everyone is thinking that is normal. I do not need to pay someone to gain weight.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote