Old 08-23-2005, 02:07 PM   #1  

Default Help, I'm in a rut!!

I am on week 9 of the LAWL program. I have been doing very well (20 pounds so far) until now. For the last several weeks I have been up one day at WI and down the next but not really seeing any results. After 9 weeks, I am getting frustrated and bored with the food selections I have been making. The past two weekends, I have just splurged. I am tired of feeling deprived from not getting to splurge on the good stuff occasionally. Any ideas for recipes that you would consider a treat that are still OP? I am on the gold plan and don't feel like I get a lot of food to eat.

If I have to eat one more grilled chicken salad........
okiedieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:57 PM   #2  

I'm in week 12 and feel the same way - I just MAKE myself eat the grilled chicken and don't even go for the salad anymore. I was doing so well w/ all my foods, and now I can barely stand to eat them anymore. Last week I just didn't eat and that stalled my weight loss - so now I'm back to making myself eat the food.

I've lost 21 lbs and have 14 more to go by mid-Oct, and I don't see how I'll make it. I'm not saying I'm going to splurge and go off plan, I just don't feel like eating the same stuff everyday. And when that happens, I just don't eat.
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:11 PM   #3  

Wow, Mary, you continue to amaze me with your ideas!

However, the group is a Yahoo group instead of MSN.

Okiedieter, if you will give us an idea as to what you like, maybe we can make some more specific suggestions.

Are you making use of the jello and other things you can have? Do you eat out? I find the Restaurant Guide a valuable tool! Plus, by eating out it gives me an idea as to what foods I can incorporate at home.

I find myself eating the same veggies day after day, and like you, I'm getting pretty tired of salads. I don't mind eating them when we eat out, I just don't like making them myself, even when I buy the bagged stuff. LOL
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:18 AM   #4  

I do know what you mean about chicken. However, there are other choices, even if you eat out -- you can have fish, seafood . .subway sandwiches! There are times I have a grilled steak salad instead of grilled chicken!

I do use the Lean Cuisines when I don't want chicken, and I'm craving starches, and don't want to make the carb craver selections that are in the guide.

Sometimes I have eggs for dinner, too!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:46 AM   #5  

I had scrambled eggs with tomatoes for dinner last night. It was different! I just didn't want anything heavy.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:48 PM   #6  

eggs and spinach are also great!
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:29 PM   #7  
234/165.8/160

egss with cheese and salsa is good too ;-)
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:44 PM   #8  
234/165.8/160

Fortunately for me I like all kinds of foods, so I mix it up quite a bit. If you have a Gordon's Food Service near you they have 4oz tenderloin filet steaks that are just the right size...I have those at least once a week, hamburgers with colby jack cheese...butterfly pork chops occassionaly, and salmon out, but I make tilapi, scallops and shrimp at home. I also make sure to mix up my starches....I have 1/2 english muffin in the morning, melba toast or triscuits in the afternoon, or for lunch I'll have 1/2 potato or rice...the key to being able to do this and do it for life is knowing this isn't temporary....ok...off my soapbox now....

Hope this helps,
Jen
Old 08-24-2005, 02:59 PM   #9  

On Fast Forward I had two hard boiled eggs for breakfast.....alittle moron lite salt - yum........
I also have made egg salad......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:14 PM   #10  
234/165.8/160

i don't have pork often because of the retention but have beef at least twice a week, my center thinks it helps shake things up and makes the body work harder to get rid of it ;-)
Old 08-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree with Mary, you need variety in your diet-no matter what plan you are following, or you'll go nuts!

If you like to grill, grill lean pork chops with a dash of Tony Chacheres seasoning on it. (In a green package with a little chef on it-SPICY and flavorful stuff!!!)

You can also really, really get some variety in your fruits and vegetables. You really can. If your fruit is the same old apple or handful of grapes-then branch out some more-trust me, you'll like it.
If you are craving a creamy, dessert like treat-peel a banana, wrap it in aluminum foil, and freeze for at least 6 hours. Frozen bananas are AWESOME, and there is your fruit serving. If you are eating the same old "classic salad" mix, then branch out and go for some of the more exotic varieties with different lettuce blends, etc.
Some of my favorite fruits are those that aren't your average everyday apple. I absolutely love fresh cherries, cubed cantalaupe, clementines, and pluots. (a hybrid between a plum and an apricot) Try a new fruit each week when you go to the grocery store.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote