Old 08-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #16  

Thank you so much for posting your food amounts Lynn. I appreciate it
I have another question...do they recommend any particular exercise fro someone over 300lbs?
upheldwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:09 PM   #17  

Michelle -- there is a LAWL aerobics tape called easy steps (I think) -- it's about 20 minutes long and is basically marching in place, sort of like Walk Away The Pounds - if you've seen any of those?

But truthfully, LAWL has not really recommended any exercise to me -- you can lose weight on the program without it -- our own Karen/Metalchick is a prime example!

Are you doing any sort of exercise now?

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:28 AM   #18  
208/180/125

Default E-bay

Hey folks...
I have been trying to get some LAWL info on e-bay for about a week now...
the "plans" keep getting pulled off of E-bay involuntarily...and a message is sent to me not to continue with the transaction...seems like something resemling copyright infringement, from what e-bay has indicated.
You guys are right (as always)...LAWL MUST be starting to crack down on copyright infringement--I am noticing that folks who indicated "They took the plan and have lost their weight" seem to be to have more success continue with actual books...but electronic versions have come to a quick hault...the most recent auctions this week were pulled within 2 days. (
(Thanks again, Mary, for helping me out, btw)....
Hope this helps...
I am bidding one last time in hopes of getting the most uptodate information--to get the more flexible plans...will keep ya updated...
--Dee
dee in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:08 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by textjewel
Are you doing any sort of exercise now?
Julie
I'm trying to get some walking in. I need to get my movitvation going. I love the way I feel when I exercise regularly. I'm trying.....
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:14 AM   #20  

Default Karen....

For adding exercise
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #21  

Dee,

Your e-Bay experience clears up some things for me. When I decided I was joining I thought I'd pick up a couple different plans on e-Bay in case I wanted to cycle. I thought I was "watching" 2 on sale by the same person (the Blue and the Purple, I think) but when I went to my e-Bay page last night they weren't on my list and I couldn't find them listed anywhere.

I can see why photocopies being sold might be infringement. But what if someone is done with a program and wants to sell the actual book or whatever? Seems to me like that should be allowed. Though, as you say, they are less strict about those folks.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Lynn
LynnRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:04 AM   #22  

Michelle,

Nobody at the center talked to me about weight loss _at all_. However, I know from personal experience having lost a lot of weight years ago, excercise is the way to go. It will raise metabolism, take the lbs off more quickly, and eventually (once you build up your stamina a bit) it will give you more energy. Trust me...I am about the laziest person on the planet and once I got into the routine of the exercise, I actually liked it. (Which still to this day I have a hard time believing happened to me!)

Maybe just start with some morning or evening walks a couple or few times a week. Anything helps.

Good luck!

Lynn
LynnRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #23  

Thank you all for the input and ideas. I appreciate it I think I do need to get off the computer desk chair and move a bit...
upheldwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #24  
Newbie to Core

Default Copies of the plans

Yahoo.com has some LAWL forums and at least one of them has some of the plans listed in their files section. You might check that out but I can't guarantee the accuracy.

Good luck!!
jorninsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:18 PM   #25  

I joined LAWL in May and they made me sign a form stating that I would not sell any plans or products on ebay. I live in Canada and I get the idea that things are done a little differently at the centres up here so I'm not sure if everyone signs that form.

I am also on the Red plus plan. They started me at Red but moved me up when I didn't buy the lites. I'm 5'10" and weighed 251 and want to get down to 180. They said I will stay on Red plus until I'm done breastfeeding and then I'm not sure if I'll go down to just Red or Purple. I'm at 229 now but haven't been to the centre in a couple of weeks b/c of vacation.
staceyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:31 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyd
<snip> they made me sign a form stating that I would not sell any plans or products on ebay. I live in Canada and I get the idea that things are done a little differently at the centres up here so I'm not sure if everyone signs that form.
<snip>
I too signed the form, here in Oklahoma. I thought it was funny that there was no mention of purchasing things on eBay. I can see why they don't want their plans on eBay, that is taking money from their pocket, (because they want the person to join) but as far as the products, they have received their money for them, so I don't see why they object to someone unloading them if they can recoup some of their money.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:37 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

If you want the plan for free join yahoo groups and join. The whole PDF is under files in the LA Weightloss group. If you have trouble send me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail it to you!

Oriana
ovwgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:59 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EweWho
but as far as the products, they have received their money for them, so I don't see why they object to someone unloading them if they can recoup some of their money.
Because they got their money from the one sale already, but they are losing another sale if another member is getting theirs from Ebay and it is not a new sale for them. They are greedy little suckers.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote