3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Well I Signed up for LAWL (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/56330-well-i-signed-up-lawl.html)

SyracuseNY 04-23-2005 06:20 AM

Denise: I'm on the blue plan too. Here is how normally raction my foods throughout the day. I get up at 4:00am and go to bed between 9-10pm (at least on work nights).

If I'm hungry before going to work, sometimes I eat a wedge of Light Laughing Cow cheese wedges in the Green Packaging (they are only 35 calories - so I use 2 to equal 1 oz of cheese later).

4:00am coffee - black w/sweet-n-low
6:30am - at work - LA Lite with remaining coffee in travel mug
8-9am - egg beaters (1/2 P), 4" whole wheat pita toasted (S), the other LC Cheese (now it equals 1 oz of cheese). I spread the cheese on the pita, add the eggbeaters and make a breakfast sandwich. At some point after breakfast, but before lunch I eat a piece of fruit like 1/2 mango, or 1/2 grapefruit.

So far, 1/2 P, S, 1/2 Dairy, Fruit and 1 LA Lite

I eat lunch between 11-12 - depends how hungry I am, and how long I can hold off before eatting. For lunch I have P, S, V and Fruit. I'm usually pretty good until about 3-4pm.

Get home about 4:pm, have my S and Fruit before going to the gym or taking off on my bike (just started the bike riding this week).

I hold off as long as I can to have my dinner which consists of P, V and V - normally between 5:30-6pm.

About 7:pm I have my second LA Lite with a cup of tea. I still haven't used my other 1 oz of cheese, so if I'm really hungry after all of that, I eat some sort of Low Fat Cheese. I've found that Laughing Cow is the lowest in calories. I also buy the Laughing Cow Bella cheese in the small ballish type shape. In the summer months, I'm a big fresh radish fan, and will slice up a couple of them and have 3-4 in the evening instead of the cheese.

Of course, I don't have any kids and DH cooks so I don't have to do the double cooking thing in my house. It's tough for people who have to do all that and stay OP. When I cook chicken breast, I normally cook enough to bring for lunch and have for dinner for a couple days. I also make this turkey meat loaf without eggs and without breadcrumbs that I made in a muffin tin and that normally makes about 5 - 7oz muffins at the precooked weight - I just a kitchen scale - when baked, they come out between 5-6 oz. I add spices, dried onions, fresh garlic. I eat with catsup when I have those.

Sorry, I'm blabbing again. I've turned into a morning person, can you tell.

Hope that offers you some suggestions on how to spread the food out throughout the day?

Sy

Lunch I have P, S, V, F

DABMoose 04-24-2005 06:05 PM

Sy,
Thanks for the tips. It is back to work for me tomorrow so I'm sure your advice will be useful. I also have to WI. I did manage to find the Laughing Cow Cheese. I think that will be a big help. Also do you know if the South Beach frozen dinners can be used on the plan? I'm really not bored with the food options yet but I'm exploring alternatives. Any advice from anyone would be great.
Denise

solocat 04-24-2005 10:13 PM

Hi DAB -

I find myself being hungry a lot lately too. Think it is because I have been more active due to the better weather (well except for yesterday!). I try to think of that "hungry" feeling as my weight melting, and the $$ I have invested, and my ultimate long-term goal.

It sounds like you are off to a great start though!

DABMoose 04-26-2005 07:39 PM

Well girls I officially started my second week. I am down 4.6 lbs. I seem to be be less hungry at night and throughout the day too! If any of you enjoy smoothies I tried something new and it was pretty tasty. I mixed one conatainer of jet start with 8 mini ice cubes. It kinda of reminded me of those Jamoca Shakes at Arby's which use to be one of my favorites. Thanks for all the advice and encouragment.
Denise

textjewel 04-27-2005 09:10 AM

Hey Denise. Good for you on being down almost 5 pounds!!!I haven't tried the jet start, but had one of the hot chocolate lites mixed in with my coffee yesterday -I bet it would be good as a shake, too . . .

I love those jamoca shakes. In fact, I've never met a shake I didn't like.

Julie

vibrantecho 04-27-2005 10:00 AM

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in here...as a general rule, I do NOT consider myself a morning person, and more specifically, not a breakfast person. So for the first few weeks it was an effort to remember to stop and eat between waking up and lunch! But I started with lite stuff, like fruit, and now I usually do a fruit or a fruit-and-starch (like a mini bagel or a piece of toast). I still can't jump out of bed and devour a plate of eggs or anything too heavy like that, but I do wake up hungry these days! I guess my point is, our bodies DO adjust! :D

Oh, and I also think one of the reasons I used to never be hungry in the a.m. is because I used to be a bedtime snacker, which is another habit I've broken thanks to LAWL. :yes:

Fiona

Irishgirl 04-29-2005 09:44 AM

Just checking in Girls!! I started week three yesturday and I am down 6 lbs.
Here are my stats:

4/14 191.0
4/15 190.5
4/19 188.2
4/21 187.0
4/22 186.6
4/25 186.6
4/27 186.0
4/28 185.4

~Chris 04-29-2005 07:49 PM

Those are some mighty impressive stats ya got there Irish!!

Mrs.Soon 05-10-2005 09:51 PM

Irish- ME TOO!

Hey there Chicadee!
I am also a recent joiner of LAWL (literally, I start my two day purge tomorrow AM!) and am also doing it for my wedding- though my wedding is in October! :D Hence my screen name! I just located this site for the first time while trying to remember a) what kind of salt I was supposed to run out and buy and b) if I can have salad dressing with all these raw veggies I am supposed to eat!
I dont have too much to lose, but I am probably quite a bit older so it may be rough at first, but luckilly our FI's are super supportive. Mine just got back into going to the gym as of today! We are going to try to motivate each other!
Hugs Bunny!!!
Hope you are a huge success and the wedding planning isnt stressing you out. Let me know if you need any cost-cutting tips I have found for wedding stuff!

chipper15173 05-11-2005 08:06 AM

Hello all:
I too just joined yesterday. Today (5-11) is my first day of detox. I go back in tomorrow morning for program. I really hope I can stick to this way of eating. I have failed at so many other diets. I figure I better give it a try after sinking so much money into this. The only thing I didn't like was they didn't tell me much on the different foods I will be eating. Are there special things you can and can not have? Also, I have read on here in the past few days that the luna bars are the same as LALite. Is this true? I need cheap alternatives. We are following a budget plan and I only have so much a month for food. I want to be debt free in 2 years, except house.
A little about myself. I am 45, stay at home grandma. I babysit my 2 beautiful granddaughters. Just me and DH at home. DS (24) is living with us until Nov. Came back home after he got out of the navy in may of last year. We had to give him a move out of next date. A year and a half is long enough to get back on your feet. I live in SC. Hot humid summers. So, don't spend to much time outside. Will be going back to the gym next week. Got a membership in Jan. Time to use that also. When the pool get it's cleaning, I will be able to swim.
Do any of you take the suppelements? What are the prices of those? They haven't given me any prices of things.
Well, I have rambled on enough.
Have a good day Y'all.
Chipper

textjewel 05-11-2005 08:36 AM

Good morning, Chipper and Mrs. Soon!

Come join us on the monthly thread!

About the supplements -some of us do them, some of us do not. I can't afford them, so I don't. . .

Mrs Soon - about the salt -it's Morton's Lite Salt - less sodium, more potassium. About the salad dressing -when you get your food packet, there will be guidelines - you can have 1tbsp of fat free dressing as a free food - look for ones that are lower sodium (I think the recommendations are 175 mg of sodium for 1 tbsp). About the food - think low fat, low salt, and fresh -canned foods are very limited (no canned veg or soup) - but fresh and frozen are okay.

Chipper - about the lites/luna debates - a luna bar is about the same nutrionally as a lite bar. And they come in a wide range of flavors -- however, the rebate on your money is tied to buying the lites - I bought my lites in bulk for the weight loss weeks, but not the stabalization and maintainence. I'm on weight loss for 40+ weeks, so that was a lot of money! Later, after chatting with the chickies, I figured I could stretch out the lites with lunas, so I'd have enough during my maintainence. . .

Note - you don't have to do the lites at all! They will move you to the next higher food plan. Or you can buy as you go. ..

Hope this helps!

Julie

ladyv 08-01-2005 01:08 AM

I need help

I am on my 2cd week of LAWL. It may take a while for me to "get the hang" of the program. I tend to do good during the weekdays. However, on the weekend we are on the go and my dinner eating is "out of control" because I am too hungry. I wait too long in between meals, fast food is abundant, and snacks are "calling me"....

My counselor said I basically "undo all of the good I did during the week" with my diet....

Does anyone have suggestions for good on the go (in the car) breakfast and lunch options for the weekend?

firmingdi 08-01-2005 12:59 PM

I do the same thing - undo everything on the weekend. But, I know better. I plan the food out, make sure you eat every couple hours. Carry the LA Lites, baggies of veggies or fruit to snack on. I also will sometimes have a Lite for breakfast in the car and then eat whole food for a snack. Just don't sabatage the hard work and accomplishments from the week. - As I said, I'm telling myself this too. I'm fixing things this week and don't want to screw it up next weekend. Good luck.