3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Well I Signed up for LAWL (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/56330-well-i-signed-up-lawl.html)

Irishgirl 04-13-2005 09:42 AM

Well I Signed up for LAWL

Hello Everyone it has been so long since I've been on here! But I am back and ready to loose this weight. I signed up for LAWL Yesturday and start tommorrow 4/14/05. I am getting married next March, and want to loose 50 lbs. Are there any other Newbies here who are starting the same time I am and anyone interested in being my LAWL buddy?

Also has anyone here had success with LAWL? What were your results, how was the Stabilization, and Maintenance weeks?

Thanks everyone and God Bless!!!

SyracuseNY 04-13-2005 09:56 AM

Irishgirl: Welcome (again). Good luck on the start. If you follow plan it really does work, and that's awesome that your starting LA. Come back often, and if you have any questions - you have found the right place.

Hugs, Sy

Irishgirl 04-13-2005 10:05 AM

Thanks so much Sy :grouphug: I am looking forward to this Journey. I have stuggled with my weight since I was diagnosed with Enometriosis at the age of 20. I have tried every diet, Slim Fast, Weight Watchers, the old watching what you eat, Cabbage Soup Diet, South Beach Diet, Atkins. Nothing seemed to fit into my lifestyle, and it was all so expensive. With LAWL I feel that I can grocery shop within my budget still, and eat and not be deprived of that occassional glass of red wine, fat free ice cream..etc. And I stil get a variety to choose from. My ultimate motivation is that I want to look stunning in my wedding gown, and take my FI's breath away. He told me last night he would do whatever he needs to do to support me, and that he loves me the way I am but it this makes me happier he is all for it. Now can you see why I am marrying him..lol :cloud9:

brittyboo07 04-13-2005 12:14 PM

Irish

Welcome!! Your DF sounds great! I am lucky that my BF is just like that. He has been a great support to me. Its always good to have support at home as well as at your center and well here online with us. I have been on LAWL since October last year. I had lost 23 lbs but have been off the program for about two months i guess and just started back on monday. If you follow the plan it does work. Having these chicks here also helps out a lot. Most of them know as much if not more than some of the counselors. I wish you luck as you start your new journey and congrats on getting married next year!!!

Britt

mandyd26 04-13-2005 02:31 PM

Irish- I've have lost about 77 pounds on lawl. I've been going for about a year. I had some minor setbacks here and there where I would go off track, but I found that when I truly followed the plan I would lose the average of 2 pounds a week. It really does work if you stick with it. Having the support from your DF is going to help you so much along with the support from the chickies here.

I have about 10 pounds to go, so I'll let you know how stabilization goes. I'm looking forward to it, but sort of scared to add more food back in to my diet. Anyway, good luck!

Mandy

Irishgirl 04-13-2005 02:34 PM

Thank you everyone for your support I appreciate it :-) It is nice to know that I can count on Buddies on the Forum to support me, and I know this will be challenging for me! Thank's everyone! :grouphug:

CruiseinJanuary 04-13-2005 03:46 PM

I'm a Newbie too!

Hey Irish girl! I would love to be your buddy on the plan. I just started yesterday and we have about the same amount of weight to lose (50 pounds)! Write to me anytime!

solocat 04-13-2005 05:38 PM

Hi Irishgirl -

I started on the 31st of March, so am not too far ahead of you! Good luck and I would be glad to root you on anytime!

Irishgirl 04-14-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseinJanuary
Hey Irish girl! I would love to be your buddy on the plan. I just started yesterday and we have about the same amount of weight to lose (50 pounds)! Write to me anytime!

Sounds Great :-) YAY I have a buddy! Anyone else?

gemjlo 04-16-2005 10:15 AM

Hey Irishgirl, Solocat, CruiseinJanuary,
I started on the 14th as well Irishgirl, but I have about 90lbs to loose. At my 2nd visit, which I had yesterday I was down 2.4 pounds already. I suppose most of it was water, but I don't care. Two pounds is two pounds. What were your results like?

Irishgirl 04-17-2005 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemjlo
Hey Irishgirl, Solocat, CruiseinJanuary,
I started on the 14th as well Irishgirl, but I have about 90lbs to loose. At my 2nd visit, which I had yesterday I was down 2.4 pounds already. I suppose most of it was water, but I don't care. Two pounds is two pounds. What were your results like?

Well I started on Thursday, and at my WI on Friday afternoon I was down 1 llb. Although this weekend I wasn't able to be too strict..we had functions this weekend, and i had to improvise my food selection..grrr.. isn't life suppose to understand when we are on a diet :shrug:

solocat 04-18-2005 12:34 AM

Hello gemjlo!

Welcome to the forum! My WI after the TO days was 3.4 punds less, but I figured it was water weight, plus I had the flu inbetween for a day. But like you said a loss is a loss!

DABMoose 04-22-2005 07:01 PM

Well I happen to be a newbie too. I also started on 4-14 with the take off. as off 4-21 I have lost 3.6lbs. I happen to be off work this week so I am playing around with my food choices. I have tried various things like eating all the fruits in the am. Still no matter what I do I'm hungry around 9pm. But the funny thing is I'm not hungry when I get up. Any advice? I have been reading the threads and I look forward to learning more about the program.
Denise

SyracuseNY 04-22-2005 09:14 PM

Denise: Welcome to the board. You'll get all the support here, maybe more than you ask for as we all like to help each other out. Our main posts are normally posted in the thread that has the current month in the title (just to let you know).

As far as the food and when to you, it's hard to figure out but you will find ways around it.

What plan on you on? That way we can assist you - and we will know how much food you have to work with. Also, what time to do go to bed? I save my LA Lite for the evening (that way I have something when I get home from the gym), normally until 7:00pm and have it with a cup of tea - that holds me over until morning. I normally go to bed between 9:30 and 10:00pm. When I started I also cut up the LA Lite into small pieces so it would last longer as I take big bites and it was gone before I knew I ate it. Now, I have learned to take small bites and chew them longer than I normally chew things. Also, it's normal to be somewhat hungry in the beginning while you are learning the new eatting habits. Man, did you think that such a small question would take so long to answer. :lol:

Hugs, ~Sy~

DABMoose 04-22-2005 11:14 PM

Thanks Sy
I am on the blue plan. Normally I go to bed around 10pm. I am up now because I felt a little hungry so I am having some sleepy time tea.