Old 05-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #211  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Dusty--you CAN do it!! You'll see lots of great success on this board--proof positive that the program works if you follow the plan. It's not always easy but it's certainly doable! YOu will hear a lot of negative about LAWL--but most of those people were not successful because they didn't follow the plan so don't listen to them. Good Luck and Welcome! Come on over to the May Friends and Losers thread for lots of great support.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #212  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Dusty! Great to meet you. If 172 lbs seems daunting, set some mini goals, plan out some non food rewards like clothes, music, movies, makeup, shoes, etc, and get earning! You CAN do this. We have lots of very successful ladies around here, as I am sure you have already seen. Stick around, and ask any questions that come to you, we would love to help!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 199/192.2/165

Default Hello I am MIchelle

Hello I just started LAWL a little over a week ago. I have been on WW for almost 6 years now and did have great sucess with that. I lost almost 60lbs. However I havent been able to get below 200 for very long. So a couple friends joined LAWL and they are doing great with it. So i thought I would just do it. In the first week I lost 7.2lbs. That sure is motivating me to keep going. I am a mother of a 2 yr old and I want to be healthier and not get so tired. I keep trying to picture what I will look like at 165....I just cant wait til I get there. I hope that using this message board I will be able to have a support group to help me out and keep me going. As I can help out keeping others going and motivated too.

Michelle
Maddie'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:19 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Jessica, Dusty & Michelle -
You will find lots of support on these boards!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #215  

Welcome all newbies!
Join us on the other boards!!
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

Hi everyone. I am Brittny, and I am also a newbie here to boards! I must admit, I have been reading this board for some time, getting great tips and recipes here from everyone for some time! I finally decided to become a member here! I have been w/ LA Weight Loss for about 5 weeks on the purple plan. I started @ 208 lbs and as of yesterday I am 197 lbs. So about a month and I have lost 11 lbs! Not bad! I have been heavy my entire life and really only been on one diet and I suceeded at it while I stuck to it. the atkins diet! Of course, I stopped the diet and immedietly gained everything back and more! When I went to the doctor about 2 months ago and got weighed, I about died. I broke down and realized I was sick of living my life this way! I am 23 years old and I want to spend my young adult life feeling good about myself and looking good as well!

As for LA Weight Loss, I had a week where I kind of stalled. The center for the most part is great, but I really hate the high pressure sales. There are only two counselors there who make me feel good. The rest, espescially one in particular, make me feel like crap. I try to request the two I like and they always make me feel great.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!
PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:33 PM   #217  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Welcome--congrats on your losses so far!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:35 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 310.5/305/199

:wavey: Hi! I joined LAWL on May 10th and started OP on the 12th and I'm down 6 lbs from 310.5!! Was really good the first 5 days and stayed POP but I've been a little more "relaxed" since then so I could celebrate my wedding anniversary (first night out with a sitter since Maggie was born last July) - didn't stick to program but cut waaaaaaay back and ate sensibly rather than OP that night and I'm happy that I'm still losing.

I've been on and off WW since university in 1989, tried Nutri and Herbal Magic and I've had 4 kids since 1999 so my weight has fluctuated a lot. My moderate goal is to break 200 lbs but right now, my mini-goal is to break 300 by the 1st of June!

Jennie
ottawamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Brittney & Jennie (and all the other newbies I may have missed!)
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:57 PM   #220  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Welcome to all the newbies! You have found a great board full of wonderful chickies who have loads of advice and support!

Welcome to 3fc!
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:51 AM   #221  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 236/185/140

Nice meeting you chickies. I'm Missy J Reed, 29. I've been married 6 years to Justin and we have a 4-year-old, Juliana. I love evangelism & politics.

I started LA Weight Loss November 29 at 236 pounds and I'm down to 192. I've never been able to lose more than 15 pounds on my own. I think usually I stall somewhere around there and then just assume whatever I'm doing isn't going to work anymore, but with LAWL I got past it because I had PAID already. I'm discovering that stalls are a normal part of dieting, but there're also ways to work through them.

I've been reading the board for some time, but just started posting today. Wishing you all the best!
missy_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #223  
Determined this Time!

S/C/G: 264/236/150

Height: 5'08"

Hi all,
My turn. I'm Marilee, age 44, from Minneapolis/St. Paul, although 5 years ago I left the city and moved to the burbs so my little guy would have a place to ride his bike. I love the twin cities, but originally come from southern Illinois so have that history of southern cooking to deal with.

When I was 3, my mother died and I went to live with her parents. Not knowing what to do with a little one, they fed me to keep me happy. In third grade I weighed 100 LBS - yikes. Then my Dad got married and I became one of 7 - with a new mom who used to be a model. I weighted 55 lbs in 4th grade, but the die was cast!! It's been a battle my entire life - I was thin in HS and college, but never thought I was - what I wouldn't give to be that size again.

During my twenties I hovered around a size 14 , but after I got married the weight started creeping on and I've been a size 20 for about 10 years. I have lost the same 20-30 lbs on WW, Atkins, Watching what I eat - over and over again. Having that baby, didn't help and I've been feeling BAD about how I look for those last 10 years.

I finally have had it - I REALLY want this to work this time. My plan was expensive, and I find that having paid for it all up front is keeping me pretty motivated. I don't want to fail again, and have really been appreciating all of you guys advice and feedback. It really helps. I'm in this for the long haul, so thanks for the input everyone!
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:32 PM   #224  
Katie

Good to have you Missy!
Old 06-01-2006, 05:34 PM   #225  
Katie

Welcome Marilee! This is a great to stick close to as you journey through your weight loss. You CAN do this! And we will be more than happy to help.