Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 11:40 AM   #1  

Default LA Weight Loss (and friends) #72

The other thread was getting a bit long!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:02 PM   #2  

Hi Marcie:
I like the new name. So how did you like your week overall.
Was it tough or were you able to manage.
My food came today, so I will start tomarrow.
Kimbo so now how many hours do you work in a day?
I am glad the plan is working for you.
Diane
Old 07-18-2003, 02:21 PM   #3  

Hey Diane & Marcie,

I like the new name too, hopefully, Tab will not mind since she's started this board.

Diane-It's around 12 hours a day 5 days a week and one 8 hr day per weekend. I'm a little tired this afternoon but I seam to get my second wind later in the afternoon so hopefully, I'll be all right. I'm off tomorrow on the P/T job and I have a lot of things to do because of working Sunday but I'll manage.

Anyway, Marcie, good luck on your weigh-in this weekend. I wish I would have time to read your post but I'll have to wait until Monday. It will be the first thing I read when I get in.

You ladies have a great weekend!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:36 PM   #4  

Diane-

I think I managed really well. In the last 6 days the only off plan food I had was once piece of salt water taffy and one jolly rancher. Both from the candy jar at work. Darn that jar anyway! I was hungry the first 2 or 3 days and had a couple headaches, but that went away pretty quickly. Now, I am not hungry at all. And if I am, I just have some "fast soup". You can have 2 of them a day and they do not count towards your supplement total. They are free. : ) I am eating every 3 hours and liking it....and I only have to cook once a day!!! Everything else is made with hot or cold water! WOOOHOOOO

When are you starting you NS? Ever done it before?

I will post my new weight in the morning!
Old 07-18-2003, 04:03 PM   #5  

Marcie:
I am starting tomarrow, I think NS was one of the first diets I did that I was succesful with I actually reached maintence. it was quite a while ago. I post my weight tomarrow.
Boy the diet police are going to be after you, one jolly rancher and taffy. You've had a great week be proud of yourself, you sound really motivated.
Kimbo take care of yourself and don't work so hard.

Diane
Old 07-18-2003, 04:05 PM   #6  

I think you are always motivated when you start something new. The hard part is maintaining that motivation! I am hoping I can do it this time.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:54 AM   #7  

I just got back from the weigh in. I was down a whopping 11 pounds! My doctor said this is normal for the first week, but not to expect it for the second week. He said my second week loss will be around 5 lbs. I will take it!

No wonder my pants were fitting again!!!

Now I am definately motivated to stay on the straight and narrow. : )
Old 07-19-2003, 12:31 PM   #8  

Marcie:
I am so HAPPY for you. WOW! I know he said its normal for the first week, but it still must have felt good.
I think I got in such a rutt just trying to stick to LAWL and getting no where that is was hard to stay motivated or get re-motivated. But I really can't have any regrets because I did really well there, I just should have moved on when I lost the motivation to follow there plan.
Diane
210/165/135
Old 07-19-2003, 01:07 PM   #9  

I wish I would have found a new plan sooner. If I did, I would have started at 238 instead of 273 last week!!! I let myself gain a lot of the weight back, so I can only blame myself! I started at 288, so at least I didnt gain it all back!

Now, I just need to lose another 20 lbs and I will be back at my lowest weight in a very long time! I can do this. : )

Did you start your NS today?
Old 07-20-2003, 12:51 PM   #10  

Marcie:
I did start yesterday. I am not doing to bad. Its hard finding a plan that you are going to like and maybe at the time you were not ready to start a new plan the same goes for me.
The same for me I can only blame myself for the 25 pounds I put back on, but because I did not gain it all back, I still like to go by my starting weight. I did accomplish something.
Are you looking for a certain goal weight or are you just going to keep going until the wedding?
Diane
Old 07-20-2003, 01:14 PM   #11  

I am trying to decide what to do. The dress I ordered is about 2-3 sizes too small. SO, I think I will lose until it fits, then maintain until after the wedding and then lose some more. I do not want to buy another dress. WAY to expensive.

I will post pictures as soon as I can get the dress zipped up!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 08:31 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies!

You 2 have kept this board moving over the weekend. Anyway, today I am tired! Working a 2nd job is no joke, it's been a lot of years since I've worked a P/T job. I've got to figure out a way to conserve my energy.

Jibbelle-Congrats on the weight lose! That is amazing and wonderful at the same time. If you're that motivated than don't stop because of your wedding dress, have it taken in by a seamstress, usually that comes in the price with the purchase of the dress. Contact the company and find out. One thing that I know about marriage, it will make you comfortable, not that you won't lose the weight but it may be put on hold for a while.

Diane-How is NS? Is the food good?

Oh well, I believe I lost a couple of pounds last week with working P/T and all. I'm a cook and between the not eating at night, sweating and moving like made all day and night, I should be a little thing in a few months (hopefully)! Don't I wish!

Until later on ladies, have a great day!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:54 AM   #13  

Kimbo-
Do you have a special reason for working the second job? Saving money for something good? I need a second job so that I can pay for this wedding!!!

One good thing is that Matt and I already live together....and are in the comfortable stage with each other. We have lived together for 3 years now. So kind of like being married. : )
Old 07-21-2003, 11:29 AM   #14  

Good Morning Ladies....

Wow...I had a lot of catching up to do this morning.

Marcie....Welcome back....Yes...I am the LAWL person...*smile* I am now on maintenance...and I am doing quite well. It is hard when I weigh in every week....I am not losing and I am not gaining so that is a good thing...I just have never been to a point in my life where I was not trying to lose weight. This is such a new concept for me to understand. And I have learned to let myself enjoy a little more food...actually not more food just different types of food. LAWL is very strict at first and for some it is hard to follow...but now that I am at maintenance and I get many different choices of food it is quite easy. So when is the big day?? I have now been married for 9 months....boy how time flies. You keep up the good work and that dress will fit. I on the other hand had to have my dress altered 2 weeks before my wedding. I gained about 20lbs the year before my wedding. With all the stress, eating out, the scheduling of things....I just did what I had to do...that is why in November when we got back from honeymoon I started LAWL and it was the best thing I could have done...now we are talking about starting a family....right when I get the weight off I am thinking about having a baby...WOW...the circle of life....Well it is great to have you back and I can't wait to hear about all the wedding planning and we can all support each other...

Kim...How do you have time to take on a part time job??? I have heard many people have had great success on Body for Life. Whatever it takes to get the weight off.....you will succeed. You have that cruise to look forward too. I think hubby and I are going to Vegas....I have heard that Southwest Airlines have package deals for about $500 a person. We can afford that and still try to plan for our cruise next year. With him starting a new job he does not have much vacation time acquired.....soooo a quick weekend trip to vegas for the one year anniversary will be great.

Diane...You are absolutely right...what works for one may not work for others...that is why we all need to be here to support each other...I am sure that we will all find something that we can do....

Well everyone have a great day...and I am back. No more time away from the office...except I don't work fridays in the summertime. So I will be in all week...Looking forward to reading and posting with everyone....
Old 07-21-2003, 11:33 AM   #15  

The wedding is almost a year away...June 19, 2004. I have plenty of time to lose enough weight to get into my dress. THey can also take it down a size or two, so I can lose a little extra. : )

I am sooo glad LA worked for you and it is nice to hear you are enjoying maintenance. It worked for me too, for the first 50 lbs. Then I got bored and started binging. All my fault.
Closed Thread