Old 01-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #1  
Rachel Ann

S/C/G: 305/ticker/185

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Feeling sluggish

Today is Day 3 of my new diet (WW) and I've exercised everyday this week
(30 day shred & Fit Tv workouts).
Yesterday afternoon I felt a crash of energy (shortly after a balanced lunch)....then regained energy about 45 minutes later

This morning I am really tired, having a hard time focusing. I got 7.5 hours of sleep last night.

Is this normal during the first few days of a new diet & lifestyle change? I know that my body is technically going through a detox.

I just was hoping I would be full of energy....does it just take more time?

How long did it take everyone to start feeling better phsyically?
TheJourneyStartsNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 269/150

Height: 5'5

It of course is going to be different for everyone, but yes I do believe that your sense of increased energy wont be instant.
Your body needs to adjust to the new healthy food it is taking in. I joke that my body is freaking out and "tired" from trying to figure out what to do with all of that nutrition it's not used to getting!
Another issue is if you are increasing your excercise, this is going to initially be another draw on you physically, if you are not used to it.
I always try to keep in mind that it took some time for my body to get to where it is today (fat, un-exercised, addicted to salt and many bad foods...) so it is going to take a while for it to get back to its happy place. I know it will happen, and sooner rather than later.
I'm in day two of my "Detox" phase of Fat Smashers...I know just how you feel. This all reminds me of becoming a vegetarian. That first week was quite difficult physcially and mentally, but I felt so incredably wonderful once I got past the initial hump, it was all worth it!! I just keep thinking about feeling so good!!
Sorry to blather on...but I know you will soon feel wonderful too! Hang in there!
YumYum 8itall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #3  
Rachel Ann

Smile

Thanks, that helps a lot.

I figured it was normal...but just wanted to make sure.

I rarely excersize & love fatty foods...so my body is probably screaming at me like I scream at Jillian Michaels while doing 30 day shred!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/173/140

Height: 5"5'

I think it is normal. I'm currently on day 3 as well and have exercised every day this week. The morning is a bit sluggish for me... but as soon as I get my mind up and working, I'm fine. I think your body is getting used to the new lifestyle and before you know it, you'll have so much more energy. That's what I'm looking forward to, personally.

Best of luck to you! You can do it.
Sara81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7

If your eating healthy good for you foods I would say give it a few days. If your not it could be the food choices or it could be that your not eating enough IMO. I have never felt like this starting a diet (I did WW 3 years ago) hungry yes but not sluggish. Could you maybe eat a tad more carbs in each meal? As that is what mostly gets burnt for energy.
eilla05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #6  
Rachel Ann

Smile

I am eating very healthy foods, I haven't been able to eat all of my calories though...that may be part of the problem.

I am feeling better this morning. I get a burst of energy in the evenings after working out (almost feels like a drug) so I'm thinking I may have to start doing a quick exercise in the mornings to give me that same affect.

Thanks for the advice!!!!