3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Nov2-8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/185630-nov2-8-a.html)

Kimphin 11-03-2009 09:42 AM

OK, just weighed in for the 100 lb thing - and I realized that since I joined 3Fc 3 yrs ago, I have GAINED 5lbs total! Holy C(&*^, that's so lame! I am inappropriately laughing hysterically right now. Who does that? I need to go Bit@h slap myself.

Mama Nicole 11-03-2009 09:55 AM

LOL, Kim, a cord of weed....making early plans for your Jamaca trip? You are not alone. When I first joined LAWL, I weighed 222.8. Today, I weighed 225. How do you like that?

JLem311 11-03-2009 10:01 AM

morning all. sorry i haven't been checking in like i usually do. life has me pretty busy.

i joined LAWL after i had Julia..and i think my highest WI was 270. (my highest weight was when i delivered Julia--i was 320lbs.) now i'm 213. so i guess that's good. when i started posting on 3fc back in feb 2007 when i started LAWL for the 3rd time i was 247.

anyways. i hope everyone has a good day. sorry i don't have time to say more!

Kimphin 11-03-2009 10:10 AM

Hey Jillian - I hope that things are going a little better for you today. Hang in there - even if it doesn't always feel like it, you are strong enough to handle anything that gets thrown your way!

Nicole - Well, I was hoping that it was just me in this predicament, but if someone else has to be in this boat, I'm glad it's you! Needless to say, my first 5lb goal is also to get down to where I started, LOL.

Clanori 11-03-2009 10:26 AM

I am so in for the new challenge.I have really been slacking.Money has been tight so that means less fresh veggies and fruit.Our saving grace is that we had a buffalo butchered last year so there is a little bit of that left.The pants are getting a bit snug and I refuse to buy a bigger size.My sister gave me some smaller sized Levi jeans in 10s and 12s.The bummer of it is I can't fit into them yet.I am very nervous about the upcoming holidays.My major downfall is all of the desserts.Need to find some recipes for sugar free pies.Would really like one for Pecan Pie as that is my favorite.We will see.Have a great day.

Kristinx 11-03-2009 10:36 AM

Hmm I remember I used to make this low fat cheescake and it was delicious..I need to find that recipe for the holidays!

Hoochie 11-03-2009 11:19 AM

HI Everyone, well I am on day 14 of my cold and I am getting sick and tired of being sick and tired!!! Yesterday I went to the doctor and got some medicine. I waited for two and a half hours to get it so it better work!
Last night I sat on my couch and cried. I don't know if it was because I feel terrible or if its because I miss my husband. He was gone all last week and he came home for a night and left again for another week. I always thought men were babies when they were sick but maybe I am a baby too.....
Well I am at the office today so I need to get a few things done and then maybe I will go home and get some rest again.
Bye for now,

Joan

JerseyMadchen 11-03-2009 07:46 PM

I was 218 at my highest, when I originally started LAWL in 2004, and I am no 249, I have you all beat!! HAHA!!

I am so back in the game, exercising and ALL!!

Repo girl 11-03-2009 10:14 PM

Oh yeah? I was 218 when I started too, now I am 263. My all time low was 149. What is this telling us about LAWL, or dieting in general?

Mama Nicole 11-04-2009 12:27 AM

Katie, I think it is a brain disorder. I really do......kind of like the same reason smokers smoke. What is it in our brain that tells us it is ok for us to hurt our bodies with too much food? We are slowly killing ourselves.... I find it very sad. When I quit smoking, I talked to my doc, and he told me that he would presecribe me anything I wanted to help me quit, but the only way I would stay quit is if I figured out what made me do that to my body in the first place. Interesting, huh? So, mabe we should all give that some serious thought and talk about it.

And Dan.......WTF?

Ok, have to sleep now..........my cold is not going to go away without rest :)
XOXO

sweetandspicy 11-04-2009 09:27 AM

Nicole- i believe you are right.

If in fact we are addicted to food, we will always be addicted to food. That part of us will never go away, we just have to figure out how to control it. I am an emotional/stress eater. So I believe that I need to recognize when I am eating to make myself "feel" better. I think I Have been having a secret love affair with chocolate for about 10 years now. I have convinced myself that if I eat just a little something sweet it will make everything better. It is deeply instilled in me from my early childhood. When I excelled in school or sports my mother rewarded us with cakes,cookies and ice cream. So just like a dog/cat I associated good behavior with sweets. Pavlov's theory that when the bell rings (something good happens) EAT A COOKIE automatic response. So when I eat chocolate I get an emotional high that seems to get me through what ever is bothering me at that time.

When someone has an addiction they need support from friends and family members and they must figure out when the addiction began, why it continues and if they truly want to quit. They must quit for themselves and their own emotional and physical well being. Any other reasons lead to relapses. The longer you have been addicted the longer it takes to gert under control. Scientist believe there is a part of the brain that makes some people more prone to addictive behavior whether it is with drugs/alcohol or food. At least that is all true for drug addiction or any addiction in my humble(non-professional) opinion. I have a co-worker who used to be an alcohlic he says he wants to drink every single day and he has been sober for 20 years. I think what I have to realize is that when I lose weight it is not a free pass to then start eating what I want. That I can and will gain back what I have lost if I do not make an effort every single day to continue to loose and to keep off what I have lost.

So My name is Amy and I am addicted to food.(this is where I would hear you all say Hi Amy!!!) I began over eating when I was about 10 years old. I have been in long periods of remission and in long periods of food addiction. I need help everyday to keep my eating problems under control. I am going to start of with a 2 pound goal of weight loss. I would like to loose it by 12-25-09 but if not I am not giving in to food temptations to make myself feel better!!!!

Kimphin 11-04-2009 10:14 AM

Ok, so this shows that diets work to get you to lose weight, but that there is very little success in maintenance of effort. I think that it has been instilled into all of us that the "diet" is the cure, and that just is not true. The real work starts at maintenance.

It really comes down to a lifestyle change, a change of attitude. I need to re-train myself that eating 10 hershey miniatures in 2 minutes is NOT OK, and really - what enjoyment did that give me beyond what the 1st one did? Nothing, except wasting 1minute 50 seconds more.

Kristinx 11-04-2009 11:25 AM

When I had the most success was when I stopped going to Weight Watchers. I lost more on my own and ended up keeping it off for awhile...however I have no idea how I did it! I know my mindset had changed during that time...I somehow got into a mindset of eating to live rather than living to eat and I was going out a lot dancing (and drinking) and exercise was a part of my life in some form. I would compete with myself to run farther, last longer....I just don't know how I got myself into that mindset in the first place...however....while my relationship with food and exercise at that time was good...my personal relationships caused me misery....now I'm in a happy relationship and unfortunately this relationship was built on good eatins! LOL

mj2007 11-04-2009 02:06 PM

I totally agree with Nicole and Amy M.It is true that many of us have a disorder or addiction to food.

Amy has pointed out beautifully. We associate good food( not healthy!) with good times. Good food means holidays, festivals,get together with friends and family so when we are lonely,depressed.worried or stressed...food becomes a source of comfort...anchor to those good times spent.

You might have a great job,great house,great family,great future...but you might be still depressed about your dress size...and that leads to more emotional eating!!!

Diets don't work in the long run because we sometimes do not accept the responsibility. LAWL or other diets can show us the way...but they can't force food down our throat or stop us from reaching for the second helpings. We have to discipline ourselves...mend the broken pieces and put ourselves together...NO ONE CAN DO IT BUT US.

My words might come out a bit harsh...but trust me I am on the same boat with everyone here...so all this applies to me as well.Don't kid yourself that you are happy with a few extra pounds and you love yourself as long as you are beautiful inside. YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH YOURSELF...that is the REASON you are on 3FC site reading this message...not on some social network site.

If you have an addiction to food...divert yourself to something else to stop your hands from reaching for that candy bowl. I usually go out window shopping or browsing for lingerie etc. on the internet , or play xbox to keep me focused if I need comfort food.It takes effort, will power...every bit of us...but in the end we will make it...that is all what matters.

My lunch is up...cheers everyone and have a nice Wednesday!

Mama Nicole 11-04-2009 04:16 PM

Oooooo, I like this....I love this kind of talk. We need Barbara, she always has such good things to add :)

I am in a rush, but wanted to share this link with all fo you. My DD brought it home from school. Really rather cool!
http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/planner/launchPage.aspx