3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Nov2-8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/185630-nov2-8-a.html)

momofthree 11-02-2009 08:57 AM

Friends and Losers Nov 2-8

Morning Chickies. Well, here it is. Another Monday to get back on track and start eating better and exercising again. Atleast that is what it is in my house. The shred is done for this morning and now I am eating my ricotta cheese pancakes and planning on an op day. Hope you all had a great weekend. By the way only 24 days to turkey day!!

Kimphin 11-02-2009 10:04 AM

Eeks - 23 days to get to my goal :)

Still concentrating on that 5 lb thing so that I don't lose my mind and willpower.

Raked a ton of leaves this weekend, definitely counts as exercise!

Mama Nicole 11-02-2009 10:19 AM

Morning friends ;)

I am happy to report that I bought and did BL cardiomax Fri, Sat, and Sun, and it is a small miracle that I am alive to tell about it, and that I can walk to the bathroom. It is hard. wow. Bob is a gangsta, who knew. I thought I was going to die laughing at him.

I am not working out today as I have a cold and a sore throat. I am refusing to acknowledge that I could have the flu..........DH is out of town, AGAIN, and I need to fool myself into feeling better soon. Our anniversary is tomorrow, and I really want to feel right.

I am going to WI tomorrow, mabye....and face the music. I am scared, but I do feel a bit better about the whole body image thing and the sclae now that I am working out almost everyday. It really does help the mind as well as the body.

More later.
XOXO

Kristinx 11-02-2009 10:34 AM

Morning all. Too much candy on the weekend! I really dislike Halloween! Well sometimes it's fun but yeah, glad it's over...now it's time to get ready for Christmas! FH and I aren't doing presents for each other which takes some fun out of the holiday but we are buying a house and spending a week over the holidays in Toronto with his sister's family so those are better presents to each other really!

I am going to keep my scale out this month...for some reason when I put it away it is like a license to forget about weight loss...but I'm going to avoid the trap of weighing everyday too...couple times a week maybe..

Since getting back to exercising I find the number on the scale not mattering as much anyway...I agree Nicole...it really is good for the body and mind. I am a much happier person when I am working out...just some days I have to force myself to do it...always feels good to have it done though :)

I finally made a date to start dress shopping. only a few weeks away! I am totally nervous and just hope I find something...I'm scared it will be a stressful experience and it should be fun! And the fun with the house is happening too! Our lot has been cleared already so we have to get moving on the other stuff! I think I have siding and shingles picked...still need brick..have to pick flooring, paint, and kitchen/bathroom cabinets! I am struggling with this. I love a lot of the dark wood that is in style nowadays but I don't want my kitchen to be outdated in a few years either...I'm looking at a cherry oak as sort of a compromise but I really don't know! Our appliances will be stainless steel. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm a newbie at this!

Kimphin 11-02-2009 04:05 PM

Oh, I remember that particular stress, Kristin! It's like you sign the papers and WHAM! you need to pick every single thing possible in 5 minutes (that's what it felt like, LOL) My mother actually said to me at one point "oh Kim, aren't you going to get tired of all that almond color" !?!?! WTF - yeah mom, 'cuz there's no way I would ever get tired of having a blue bathtub and a yellow toilet! (seriously, that's what I grew up with....) Anyway, I tried to stay away from anything too trendy in favor of decorating around it in a trendy way. A classic cherry or medium dark-ish wood would be OK, I think. SIL built her house in the '80 and had dark wood which was OUT of style in the '90s but back in now, so what goes out eventually comes back in.

Have fun!

Class tonight - ugh. Plus our professor is teaching from our site tonight (normally we are web-casted) so I have to actually pay attention. Yuk.

BarbaraB 11-02-2009 04:38 PM

Kristin, I tried to determine what was classic 14 years ago when we bought our current house, and all I can say is even "classic" shifts over time and your house will look dated after some time. So just pick what you really like right now and don't worrry about it. I was so sure that shiney brass was a classic look, but now it just screams 1995, and I was replacing stuff all over the house (plus it started to corrode and that was definitely not pretty). Hard to believe that was an "upgrade" now... So even your door knobs and faucets can become dated in no time.

My DD is seeming to get better, although not immediately. So I'm almost over my stress overload and am trying to get back to eating healthy. Halloween was not good for me... I did do 4 spin classes this week, and hopefully that offsets the candy somewhat... I had candy instead of dinner, but now I'm really over candy for a good long while.

JerseyMadchen 11-02-2009 05:39 PM

Hey chicks!!!

Sorry I've been MIA recently. Going back to work and getting our house threw me for a loop! I have been so busy, and my down time is spent VEGGING OUT in front of the TV!

I am happy to report, Day #1 Shredded today! I am back!!! It wasn't bad, and I am not hurting like I did last time. Maybe after day 2 or 3 I will be! I am thinking that I will workout in the morning (Shred or another 30 minute workout OnDemand) then walk on mylunch break. There's a track nearby as well as my in-laws treadmill 5 minutes from my office.

So, I am in for the 5 lb goal! When i exercise I lose inches first, not lbs, so I need to set a smaller goal.

I am thinking, all this talk of 100 lbs, why don't we make a group goal! We ALL seem to do better with a support system... Why don't we see if we can lose 100lbs between all of us by Christmas? We could starta thread. Each time you post a loss, add it to the total from the person before!! YEY!!

No time for personals, but hey to MJ, Amy, Barbara, Kim, Kristin, and Michelle!!

mj2007 11-02-2009 06:10 PM

Hey all

Had an uneventful Monday so far...we had a cold day here...-11.C.First time it went below -10.c this year.

Amy- 100 lbs challenge...I'm in!!!!

I am close to my mini-goal but i still wanna go down 30+ lbs.I am having a "fat" day today...you know one of those days when you feel "fat"...nothing looks good on you!I don't know if anyone else ever experience this but I get my "fat" days sometimes.

Hope tomorrow will be a better day!take care everyone and have a nice evening.

Mama Nicole 11-02-2009 07:38 PM

JerseyAmy, what a great idea!!!! I love the group goal......like we are a team on the biggest loser!!!! I will WI tomorrow.

Barbara, so glad to hear DD is seeming to get better. Did they ever come up with a diagnosis? Maybe ruling out everything awful was enough for her to have a tiny spark of hope to heal.

Mama Nicole 11-02-2009 07:41 PM

oops, I hit send too quick....lol.........anyway, I was saying, the mind body connection is a pretty amazing thing. It is so hard to concentrate on yourself when your kids are needing you.

My DD is making me insane. I think I should just kidnap her baby and send DD out of the country. Is that wrong? ha ha ha.

Ok, kids are going crazy, DH is out of town, and I have to get my act together. I will check in with my WI in the a.m. I am sure JerseyAmy will come up with some fantastic thread for us all to report on :) I would like to suggest an official WI day. Ok, really have to go now.....
XOXO

Mama Nicole 11-02-2009 07:42 PM

Oh, I almost forgot, Target has the biggest loser cardiomax and bootcamp and the shred for 10 bucks right now.

equinetcan 11-02-2009 08:37 PM

Amy - I like the group goal thing. I need something to get my a$$ in gear and this might just be it. I know I can't do it by myself or I would have one it already.

This past weekend was a write off. I had ex-MIL here for the weekend with me. That's ok - she is more a mom to me than my own mom has ever been so I didn't mind her being here. It just threw everything for a loop that's all. This week I am doing more painting, or at least thats the plan. Bathroom turned out well so now I need to tackle the main part of the house.

Here's to a good week for everyone...including me!

aguerin 11-03-2009 08:36 AM

Good Morning Chickies

I'm still around, just been busy the last few weeks. AND I have not been following LAWL. Funds are tight so I cannot follow the food plan. I hope to get back on the wagon within a few weeks and not gain during that time.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

sweetandspicy 11-03-2009 09:11 AM

I did not get to post or check in yesterday. I was so slammed at work I did not even get a lunch break or a chance to log on to the internet. I got home and had 2 sick boys and time got away from me.

I have not been to motivated to exercise lately. Saturday I did walk the entire time the kids trick or treated. I even walked when they road in the car. So I hope that helps some. I must admit I did eat some carmel popcorn and some peanuts. I did not eat any candy though. I have not been eating to bad lately just not getting enough veggies. I need veggies to fill me up and keep me from going for the sweets. I did make some chicken last night and added some brocoli to it. I do not particularly like brocoli but I ate it anyway.

I am worried about weight gain and the next 2 months. My 9 year olds bday is Saturday,then thanksgiving, my 6 year olds bday,my 13 year olds bday, all kinds of christmas dinners/parties. I am not sure what I am going to do. The birthdays I can control because they are in my home, but the rest will be a big test of my will power. It also seems that as gifts we get an enormous amount of candy/treats all through the month of Decemeber. SO what are you ladies going to do to get though the holidays?? Any suggestions would help. I am looking for healthy eating options and cooking options.

I am in for any challenge. I need accountability. I have some new pants that I bought I need to loose about 5 pounds and they will fit great. I really have to get motivated to get back on track.

Nicole- thanks for the target tip. I have TBL cardio max and it is a great work out. I actually lost more pounds doing that than I did the shred. But who knows? I also like Bob he seems to motivate me and I like listening to him better than Jillian. I also find that I stay more focused seeing people bigger than me doing better than me. Like Jillian says in the shred 350 pound people can do jumping jacks!!! So I most certainly can too. I also have TBL body sculpt or something like that, it is BOB,Jillian and Kim on the DVD and it is great too. I think alternating the cardio and weights would be the best way to go. They also say that on the DVD as well..

Kimphin 11-03-2009 09:33 AM

Ah - I "heard" about the 100lb thing last night on FB (from a birdie named Nicole). SOUNDS GREAT!

I guess today is the official face the music weigh-in day, so I will hang my head and slink into the nurses office to do the deed later. Scarier than halloween, my friends.....

I did have a yummy egg white sandwich on a half of a flat out wrap this morning, so thats something in the "positives" column. Soup for lunch and then leftover roasted turkey for dinny. Since we are going to Florida for Thanksgiving, I made "thanksgiving dinner" on Sunday per DH's request (all on plan - no marshmallow topped sweet potatoes,:( no stuffing...) so we get top eat leftover turkey for the rest of the week :dizzy: and then turkey soup next week. He'll be sorry he asked!

Getting a cord of wood delivered tonight, so stacking that is my exercise for the week! (LOL - I just realized that I typed "a cord of weed"!... uh, no!)