Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 03:21 PM   #1  

Default LA Weightloss #51

Time for a new one.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:27 PM   #2  

Kathy:
I have not been much on the program lately either. It feels like I have every excuse not to stick with. My birthday, then my niece's grad. party etc.
So yesterday I met with the coucelor and told her I have not been on the program and I even went to a WW meeting just to be in a group kind of thing.
But then she called me last night and said they could give me a new menu plan with more food. I think I will meet with her next week and see what happens. She offered me the blue plan.
Breakfast was a problem also the La bar is not enough and I wasn't making it to lunch.
I hope everyone is doing well
Diane
Old 08-02-2002, 08:14 AM   #3  

Diane-
Keep us posted on how things are going. I have not seen a blue plan, I am curious what is on it.

I have been doing a bad job at staying on plan as well...so I have been maintaining rather than losing. I am really motivated now, but I have had to eat so many meals out lately that I am not getting anywhere! We have had going away lunches, catered meetings, etc and I have made the best choices I could, but it is tough.

I am starting back on TriMax and FB this week, so I will see if it helps.

Now that summer is here and there are lots of good fruits I stocked up on shakes to make smoothies with! They are soooo yummy for breakfast.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:00 AM   #4  

Hi, I finally went to weigh in for the first time this week. I gained 3#. I am so relieved cause I thought I had gained back all my weight.

Not only have I not been sticking to plan, I've also been in an exercise rut! But THANK GOD FOR THE NEW FIRMS! Does anyone else have any of the new 6 firms out? If not check it out at www.collagevideo.com they have been such a help! I got them yesterday and just previewing them helped get my exercise mojo back!LOL

This weekend i'm doing my 2-day express program and then I don't plan to stray from my plan much. I only have 15wks left and I still have about 50# to loose so playtime is over!

Joy- how's it going? Since the express program are you stil OP?

come on Jibbelle and Diane, it's time to get out butts in gear! Lets give ourselves a new start come Monday! Are you with me?LOL That's why i'm doing the express program this weekend so I can really concentrate on the diet!

Chat later!

Kathy
184/175.8/120
Old 08-02-2002, 11:08 AM   #5  
LAWL Center Manager

Default Checking In

Hi All!

I'm still OP so far. The 2-day express didn't do the trick for me, but I am down 2# since. YEAHHH!

It is evident that I will have to purchase more weeks. I have only 6 1/2 weeks left with at least 25 pounds to go. Ugh!!!

I just hate spending that money - but a lot of it is my fault. Sometimes, it's just so hard to stay on track! Well, today is a new day, and I will do this.

As some of you know, I will getting married in 36 days (Sept. 7). The good news is that LA Weight Loss has helped me get into my size 12 wedding gown! When I started this plan, I was a size 16. Yippee!!! I am nervous that I will gain some the weekend of the wedding, because I WILL EAT!!! I paid good money for that food! I just hope I can stay on track during the honeymoon. My fiance has been very supportive, though he daily reminds me that he prefers for me not to lose anymore...MEN

Well, good luck over the weekend everyone!

Joy
Old 08-02-2002, 11:44 AM   #6  

Joy I didn't know you were getting married! Congrats! Esp, on being able to fit in a size 12 wedding dress!

Kathy
Old 08-02-2002, 01:49 PM   #7  
LAWL Center Manager

Default Random Thought...

Thanks for the congrats, Kathy.

Random Thought: Is there any reason we can't eat peanuts. I'm craving salt, and since I can't have fries, I would think we could have peanuts, but I don't see them anywhere on the plan. Anybody know why?

Joy
Old 08-02-2002, 02:47 PM   #8  
LAWL Center Manager

Default Peanuts :(

Well, now I see why peanuts aren't on the plan. Here are the nutrition facts from a snack pack:

Calories: 340
Fat Calories: 260

Total Fat = 50%
Sodium = 4%
Carb = 2%
Old 08-02-2002, 03:26 PM   #9  

Maybe look into soy nuts joy. They are not on plan, but maybe a little better for you. : )
Old 08-03-2002, 09:52 AM   #10  

Ok....so I went to weigh in and I was up to 241.6. Other than one meal out....I was soooooo good this week.

The new manager (this is #5 in the last year) wants me to do the 2 day Takeoff. As much as I hate that juice, I am willing to try anything right now. I lost 50 lbs in 6 months, then the last 3 or 4 months I have not lost anything. I have just been hovering around 240. Hopefully this will get me going again.

So....I get 4 glasses of juice drink, 2 bars, 1 protein, and 2 veggies a day. I have a feeling I am going to be starving, but we will see. I am on glass number 1 right now. I am saving all of my real foods for a sensible dinner....like the slimfasters!

So the semester is over! WOOHOO I do not start classes again until September. I am ready for a break!
Old 08-04-2002, 11:06 AM   #11  

Ok...starting day two on this crazy diet. I didnt do too bad yesterday. I did add in and extra 1/2 serving of veggies. I got hungry...what can I say!

Today should be better.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:13 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone:
Jiibbelle the blue plan I think is in between the gold and purple, there is an extra starch which I will enjoy and the protein weights are the same as the gold, Oh and there is also an 1/2 of protein extra so I hopt this wroks for me. Today I started the three express again but I am using the oranges and not the juice.
Did you start today kathy? I enjoy the new firm tapes by the way, I would like them a little longer though, I have not done Up and down Yet.
Joy congrats on the size 12 and getting married, I have had to buy extra weeks along the way I see has at least I am still trying to do the program and reach the goal I set out to do.
Jibbelle I have not lost anything since March I have been going up and down, lately more up. My clothes have gotten a bit tight.
Have a great week everyone
Diane
04/06/01 201
07/31/02 (did not weigh)
goal 135
Old 08-05-2002, 11:43 AM   #13  

Default Hello from the Deep South

Hi Ladies!

Well, I'm on vacation for the last few days. I'm visiting my parents in Alabama with my boyfriend. It's his first time here, so we're showing him the sights. Unfortunately, this means lots of eating out, drinking, and being off plan. I've been trying to make good choices, but I'm not expecting any kind of weightloss. Southern cooking is just not scale-friendly. I ordered greens at dinner the other night (turnips), and they were cooked with big chunks of bacon. LoL! Tomorrow we return to Massachusetts and then it's back to the plan! (I hope)

I've been doing bad with peanut butter. I just can't stay away from it. I think the only way to keep myself from pigging out on it is to remove it from the house. (sigh)

Joy - Congratulations on that size 12 dress!! That must feel so good! At one's wedding, one is SUPPOSED to enjoy the food and drink, so don't deprive yourself... one day of indulgence isn't going to make you gain it all back. Everything in moderation: even moderation!

FYI everyone: I saw in one of my fitness magazines that the Hollywood juice comes in a berry flavor now. Maybe I'll try it next time I have to express. I'll let y'all know
Old 08-05-2002, 02:26 PM   #14  

Hi all,

Ok, as you know I was doing the 2-day express this weekend. However, I did do the express but for each day I added an order of chinese food! Can you believe me? I'm so mad at myself, well....I stayed exactly the same.

I'm back on track today. I feel great like a whole new person!

Does anyone know if we are allowed to eat the chicken fajita's from Ranch 1? I had one for lunch today, I counted it as 1 starch and one protein. Here are the nutritional fact:

Protein- 25gms
Fat-16gms
Cal-330
Carbs- 25gms
Fib- 4gms
Then I plan to have ground meat turkey w/veggies for dinner. I have't eaten this healthy in a whole month!

xYTx- Hollywood juice comes in berry? I can't even begin to imagine how that must taste. Let me know!

Diane- you been stuck since March? You've been OP the whole time? Did your center give you any more advice other than the 2-day express?

Jibbelle- did you weigh in today after your 2-day express? How'd you do?

kathy
Old 08-05-2002, 04:00 PM   #15  

Diane-

I have been stuck since the same time! Just after Valentines I think! I hope I am back on track after this takeoff. I drank all of that juice! (which I dont really like).

Kathy-

I am going to weigh in now, but I usually weigh in the mornings so I am not sure how comparable it will be. Any loss will make me happy! I will just have a head start on Saturday mornings loss!!!

I have never heard of Ranch 1...is it a restaurant or something from the grocery store?

Off to weigh in!
Closed Thread