Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/145

Height: 5'2

Default EFS or FS...Everyone is welcome!

OK here is the new thread...EFS or FS anyone is welcome this is a site of encouragment and determination!!! LETS DO THIS THING!!!!
LighterLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/159/140

Height: 5'8"

Hey Lou,
Just posting to say I probably will not be posting till next week. I am getting ready for a road trip and will be gone the weekend.

I always get bloated when I travel.

Hope you all do well on diet and exercise and when I get back I can let you know what I am doing for diet and exercise...
marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: CW 158 GW 125 Ideal 120

Height: 5'4

Hey ladies I found the new thread. how are you guys? I know I miss posting everyday but with me going back to work it's been diffcult. I've lost another 2 pounds so I'm officially 145 pounds woohoo only 20 pounds to my goal. I'm just eating 1200 calories and I'm working all day and I try and walk 30 mins a day but that's it..

Hang in there ladies we will and can do it..
negrita75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #4  

Marion, Have a good trip!
Negrita, glad to hear about the 2lb loss!!!!

I am still struggling to get back in the groove. I plan to weigh in next Wed. I am going to count calories and get back to working out. I have been sick and am now just feeling better.

Talk later!! BYE
Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/228/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone ... I'm interested in joining. I've been doing Sonoma and am having decent success, but find myself cheating. I'm wondering if having a more structured plan might be better for me. And I want something with quick results because I think that I might stay more motivated. I'm trying to decide between FS or EFS (adding a some extra calories--1 c. of plain yogurt daily and a carb snack before bed because those two things do something to my metabolism that really works to control my appetite). I would love to join you.
fireballgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #6  

Welcome fireballgirl!
Negrita, congrats on the weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are doing well!

Lou, are you feeling better????

We got back late Saturday night from my husband's grandfather's funeral. Today I am starting my diet again.

This is what I am doing and in 2 weeks if it doesn't work I am going back to EFS for a couple weeks. It is a diet from a book Body Defining, you lift weights 3 times a week and the diet is for 6 weeks, weeks 1&2 you eat 1200 a day, weeks 3&4 1100 a day and weeks 5&6 1000 a day. You eat 300 calories for lunch, dinner and supper and your snacks is where the calories change from week to week. First 2 weeks you get 2 snacks that are 150 calories. The food is very simple to follow, which is a big plus for me.

I am afraid to weigh myself because of all the traveling, so I am going to wait till next Monday to weigh myself

OK ladies let's do this!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #7  

Welcome fireballgirl!!!

Marion-good job at getting back to business! I, on the other hand, am having a hard time getting back on track. I still have this terrible cough, and cannot jog. I have been walking the kids to school, but that is about it. I did eat better today (yes just today) I am in the middle of trying to move my family across the country. So stress is winning at this point.

Alright I feel better that I got it out and I did buy a new pair of running shoes so I have high hopes of jogging tomorrow after I drop my son off at preschool. (if not running at least a hour and a half walk).

Keep up the good work ladies we can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #8  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

hi!

i began EFS today! i have been fat smashing for over a month but decided to try EFS since i am only about 30 pounds from goal and i need to be in a bathing suit by may 28th. my body is almost there but not quite!

i am doing day 1 and so far so good. i am hungry as heck just because my brain had gotten slightly used to the junk i had been eating for the past few days. but my stomach is fine.

i plan to get a run in tonight after i finish this paper that i have to write for class.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #9  

Hey Ladies!
I am suppose to exercise today, it is so much easier for me to stay on diet when I don't exercise because I get sooooooooo hungry a few hours after I exercise. I need self control!!!!

Hope everyone does well today!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #10  

Hello, I am in my exercise gear, including my new running shoes! I am going to go after I drop my son off at school. I feel good today. I had oatmeal for breakfast with some black tea.

My go to snack with EFS has been pickles. They are sometimes just what I need to get through to the next meal.

Have a great day.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:23 AM   #11  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

hi again!

lou - i read on another post that u were thinking of doing the 9 day detox and starting EFS over. do u think that will help me get rid of these cravings that i have from the crap i have eaten the last few days? or should i just begin EFS cycle 1?

smashers - any other tips that you all have to help me in my EFS journey? i am really struggling these days.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #12  

Hey Bejeweled, one thing that helped me was planning my meals ahead of time. I think I might need to go back to EFS, I have been doing horrible

Lou, send some of your energy my way please!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #13  

All right, its time to get serious!!! Who is up for a team effort of EFS???

I'd say we post a daily menu (according to the book) and what type we are, and see if we can be accountable to each other...Who's in?!?!

I am type Y.
my exercise will be 65 min.
I have already done 30 min of pilates
Today I will eat from cycle 1 day 1...
Breakfast: 1c. cereal with milk. (I started this new transformation after bfast)
Snack: 1c. fruit. I had a plum
Lunch: Sm. Salad, with carrots, snap peas and sesame dressing
Snack: 1c. homemade split pea soup
Dinner:1/2 c. beans & 2 servings veggies...White beans w/mixed veggies
*I pledge to you my fellow EFSers...I will not eat after 8pm, because from past experience I will not wither away if I go to bed hungry. I will instead be better prepared to eat a healthy the next day. (This really does work)

Tomorrow I will do day 2 of cycle 1.

LETS GO...3 weeks starting today! (I know its kind of late in the day, but what better time is there?)

I want to know what you can pledge? Be reasonable, make it a goal you can stick with, together we can do it!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #14  

Ok, I am in, starting tonight!
This is what my day looked like,
no exercise
breakfast: egg and sauage sandwich
lunch and afternoon: 5 cups coffee with creamer
dinner: smart ones dinner and 1 slice of garlic bread (I made spaghetti for dinner)
snack: 3 peanut butter crackers
Old 04-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #15  

Ok, this is too funny not to share. Last night I had a dream that I got on the scale and the scale talked to me and said,"you gained all your weight back, you loser." The scale had like a t.v. screen in the middle of it and it had like animated words and pictures, things like OH NO, and WOW.

Not sure what I am having for breakfast and lunch yet, tonight I have a dinner to attend with my hubby and high school senior son.

Hope everyone is having a great morning, I will post later