Old 03-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/247/200

Height: 6'2

Default Lasagna

Does anyone have or know of a low fat lasagna recipe, that is LAWL appropriate. I normally make Spinach lasagna (no noodles) form my Atkin days but i'm not sure how that works out with my protien/fat servings. It has tomato sauce, spinach, ricotta and cream cheese in it. I'm sure I could cut out the cream cheese, but ricotta and the meat both are protiens. Any help would be appreicated,
TIA
Nit2winit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #2  
Michelle

S/C/G: 216/160/135

Height: 5"6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nit2winit View Post
Does anyone have or know of a low fat lasagna recipe, that is LAWL appropriate. I normally make Spinach lasagna (no noodles) form my Atkin days but i'm not sure how that works out with my protien/fat servings. It has tomato sauce, spinach, ricotta and cream cheese in it. I'm sure I could cut out the cream cheese, but ricotta and the meat both are protiens. Any help would be appreicated,
TIA
I got this on this site from mtdebster. It's great and my kid's and DH love it too.
3/4 lb ground beef
3 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 tsp oregano
26 oz no added salt spaghetti sauce
1 lg chopped tomato
16 oz 1% cottage cheese
1 lg egg
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
9 cooked lasagna noodles
1 c mozerella

Heat your oven to 350. Cook meat in pan. Add garlic and oregano to meat. Simmer for 5 min. Remove from heat. Stir in tomato. Mix cottage cheese, egg, parm cheese in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 sauce mixture in a 13x9 pan. Add 3 your cooked noodles. Layer 1 cup of cheese mixture then 1/4 c mozzerella. Then add 1 c of sauce then 3 noodles. Repeat layers. Top with three noodles and remaining sauce. Cover lasagna with plastic wrap but make sure the wrap does not touch the edges of the pan. Cover lasagna with foil and bake for 30 min. Uncover and then top with 1/2 c of mozerella. Bake for 5 min to melt cheese.

9 servings. 1 svg = 1 pro, 2 veg, 1 starch, 1 dairy, 1 condiment.
Let me know how you like it if you make it.
momofthree is offline   Reply With Quote